Dixon,Danger or Treloar?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're right when you say that the club is looking for another top tier mid to eventually replace Swan. I also think the club would be exploring every possible option to recruit a good or top tier KPF, and that if a realistic option presented itself, we'd chase it pretty hard.

The options for FA off the top of my head:

Charlie Dixon (added benefit of being able to swing into the ruck)
Jake Carlisle (added benefit of being able to play back, which would give us flexibility with Reid if he gets back to senior footy)
Tom Hawkins (don't see this happening given his family connections, but would be my preference if it can be done)
Jay Schulz (gret set shot, fantastic on the lead and would allow flexibility with our younger KPFs as he'll probably be on the way out when they're on the way up)
Aaron Black (would compliment Cloke nicely the way Gunston does Roughead as a lead-up forward, although I think we need someone who can play closer to goal and take contested overhead marks)

Shows what a spanner in the works Ben Reid's injury woes have become, doesn't it? Hawkins aside, and he's a different type of player anyway, none of them hold a candle to Reid when he's fit.

Beyond frustrating.

It's unfortunate, but a sad reality of footy and professional sports really.

The more I think about the recruitment of Schulz, the more I'm swayed by it. I haven't got a clue what he's likely to be on at Port, however I think it's safe to assume that he would cost less than Hawkins or Dixon, and probably less than Aaron Black, who will no doubt use Fremantle's desperation to land him as a way to inflate his asking price.

Don't want Schulz. He's cooked and a short term solution for a long term problem. Will be like Waite at Norf. Carlisle is a no. He's a defender or nothing. Hawkins won't leave and Black is White (lol) but a bit younger. Dixon the only one who interests me in that, and Dixon is a type of player to run hot and cold. I want us to go after a developing key forward who just needs opportunity in the same way Hawthorn went after Gunston. A key forward who's ready to contribute after a strong preseason alongside Cloke. Daniel McStay from the Lions would be a great get, but that's really doubtful. Also one of the reasons why I want to see Mitch Harvey in action against us when we play Port. He might be a good pickup.

It's really unfortunate with Reid, because he is the perfect player to bridge the age gap between Cloke, Moore and any other talent we might get. Reid plays with Cloke up forward, then when Moore starts to earn regular games, we shift Reid behind the ball. When Cloke goes, Reid and Moore lead the way up forward until we have another guy to take Reid's spot. But right now, I'm more interested in a player is young enough to properly compliment Cloke but young enough to play alongside Moore for 5-7 years. Maybe we can sell the farm on McCarthy. I don't know.

Don't want Schulz. He's cooked and a short term solution for a long term problem. Will be like Waite at Norf. Carlisle is a no. He's a defender or nothing. Hawkins won't leave and Black is White (lol) but a bit younger. Dixon the only one who interests me in that, and Dixon is a type of player to run hot and cold. I want us to go after a developing key forward who just needs opportunity in the same way Hawthorn went after Gunston. A key forward who's ready to contribute after a strong preseason alongside Cloke. Daniel McStay from the Lions would be a great get, but that's really doubtful. Also one of the reasons why I want to see Mitch Harvey in action against us when we play Port. He might be a good pickup.

It's really unfortunate with Reid, because he is the perfect player to bridge the age gap between Cloke, Moore and any other talent we might get. Reid plays with Cloke up forward, then when Moore starts to earn regular games, we shift Reid behind the ball. When Cloke goes, Reid and Moore lead the way up forward until we have another guy to take Reid's spot. But right now, I'm more interested in a player is young enough to properly compliment Cloke but young enough to play alongside Moore for 5-7 years. Maybe we can sell the farm on McCarthy. I don't know.
Butcher as a delisted FA? Problem is he can't kick either so maybe not

Danger or Treloar.

Dixon is not the answer. Particularly given his inability to stay on the park and questionable off field behaviour.

Danger in free agency would allow us to still potentially recruit a kpf like Weideman or McKay in the draft which would be ideal.

If we snag Treloar instead, I'm still a big proponent that Witts should be on the table. It may allow us to somehow retain our first pick and Gws would be keen.

Reckon we're really unlikely to get something with our first round pick this year (which will be pick 10 or later) that would offer more value to the team than Witts does. Would much prefer to trade out of a weak draft than give away good players just entering their peak.

I have it on good authority Treloar is out. Going to which ever Melbourne club offers us the best deal.

He's told a couple of players close to him. I've heard it through a close family member of one of those players.

Did say that he has a preference of club but will go to the club that offers us the best deal out of loyalty to the foundation players and the Lamberts.
Every Melbourne club in is in play.

Edit: From the GWS board.

We aren't going to be the club that offers GWS the best trade. Sounds like the exact same scenario with Adams, he'll go to Carlton or St Kilda.

I highly doubt he'd take whatever team offers the best deal to GWS. What if it were Essendon? I think he's just keeping the bidding war going.

Dixon would fit the Biggest Need out of the 3
Forget all those names , lets get Kyle Martin and we have some good up and coming players in the VFL that should b seriously considered Ben Moloney is a star in the making. . Fact also Reid will line up in VFL against bulldogs and greenwood rested for Port A clash ..fact

Forget all those names , lets get Kyle Martin and we have some good up and coming players in the VFL that should b seriously considered Ben Moloney is a star in the making. . Fact also Reid will line up in VFL against bulldogs and greenwood rested for Port A clash ..fact
Fact from where? Why would we get martin back?? Been there done that

Daicos Daze said:
Also watch out for #41 Brendon Abbott that's yr support cast for cloke , j white needs to get into 4th gear and can rip the game apart when he finds his feet.

We lost Martin due to rookie listing and not elevated, pursued his interest back at noble park on better dollars, he loves collingwood and with keefe and thomas on sidelines , there is a good chance too lure him back , straight on the seniors list.

Neither....the successful examples of bringing in over paid "guns" from other clubs is very few.

Stick with drafting or trading for young guns, paying under the odds and develop from within.

I'm totally opposed to paying overs for mercenaries. Its too destabilising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone add anything further or heard anything??. I have had two people (No connection to each other) one a physio in Sydney and the other connected to the GCS through work advise that they have it on good authority that Treloar and the Pies have agreed to terms. A look at the GWS BF site tonight indicates that they have more or less conceded he has gone to the Pies

Treloar's father in law to be is a truckie who drops off loads to our work sometimes, have not seen him for about 6 weeks but last time we spoke he was adamant that Adam was leaning towards coming to the Pies, better than 50/50 for sure, that's about where we left off so hopefully get to speak to him soon.

Neither....the successful examples of bringing in over paid "guns" from other clubs is very few.

Stick with drafting or trading for young guns, paying under the odds and develop from within.

I'm totally opposed to paying overs for mercenaries. Its too destabilising.
Totally agree , we have some great talent In the VFL and the last 2 wins is of noteworthy and it only gets better, we don't need a one man band so let's stick with youth to get us our next flag, Brendon Abbott on the rise

We lost Martin due to rookie listing and not elevated, pursued his interest back at noble park on better dollars, he loves collingwood and with keefe and thomas on sidelines , there is a good chance too lure him back , straight on the seniors list.
I'd say there'd be an excellent chance to lure him back with a senior list spot. Why would we want to do this, however?

Kangas and Tiges trying to trump our 5 year deal offer with 6 year deals

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...-long-term-deals/story-fndv8lf1-1227430948775

EXCLUSIVE: NORTH Melbourne and Richmond are prepared to offer Greater Western Sydney midfielder Adam Treloar six-year deals to lure the dazzling youngster home to Victoria.

After missing out on star Swan Daniel Hannebery, the Herald Sun understands the Tigers and Roos have both pitched bumper long-term deals to nab the out-of-contract Giant.

Collingwood is also a strong suitor for Treloar and has reportedly offered a five-year contract.

The three clubs head the race to secure Treloar in a bid to add extra polish and class to their midfield brigades.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...-long-term-deals/story-fndv8lf1-1227430948775

EXCLUSIVE: NORTH Melbourne and Richmond are prepared to offer Greater Western Sydney midfielder Adam Treloar six-year deals to lure the dazzling youngster home to Victoria.

After missing out on star Swan Daniel Hannebery, the Herald Sun understands the Tigers and Roos have both pitched bumper long-term deals to nab the out-of-contract Giant.

Collingwood is also a strong suitor for Treloar and has reportedly offered a five-year contract.

The three clubs head the race to secure Treloar in a bid to add extra polish and class to their midfield brigades.

Though the Word is also Treloar is very happy at GWS and not looking to move.

Don’t know why he would want to go to North Melbourne over us anyway

If the reported Brisbane offer of $750,000 a year for Dixon is true then they can have him.

With his injury history and so so professional attitude I can't see us looking at him especially if that kind of offer is what it will take.

Will piss myself laughing if NM sells the shop for another senior player albeit younger. When will they learn!

Also seriously who'd go to a club that lost to GCS this year...

homer-simpson-bush.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back