Dizzy says: Scrap T20 internationals; trial 4-day Tests

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with most of dizzies comments. T20 is a kiddies sport and should only be played at lower levels of cricket. I would also like to see the Tippie Go rule should be added to T20.

In regards to test, 90 overs a day is reasonable and even 100 would be possible. However, I prefer results than draws so 5 days should remain until the 90/ 100 over change is assessed. This should see the rise of the importance of the all rounder.
Did you know when Bradman played it was common for there to be 100+ overs in a day's play.

Oh and they were 8 ball overs too.

So It should be bloody possible. How teams fail to get the full allotted 90 in, in today's cricket baffles me.

Did you know when Bradman played it was common for there to be 100+ overs in a day's play.

Oh and they were 8 ball overs too.

So It should be bloody possible. How teams fail to get the full allotted 90 in, in today's cricket baffles me.

yep and there was a time where there were no day limits, rather they were played until a result was generated

Agree with the T20 call, not the test call.

This.

Would like to see more actual time given to Test matches, too. A 9am start, with a 6pm finish, should work. Maybe start/finish a bit earlier, if light is forecast to be an issue. When you include the hour of breaks (40 minutes for lunch, 20 minutes for tea), that's really just a "full day's work" (8-9 hours) for most "regular" people, so I don't think that's "overworking" the players. It is meant to be a "test", after all.

Also, how long should a six-ball over take? Six minutes? Taking a five minute drinks break each session (leaving 465 minutes of play per day) that's just 77 overs in an eight hour day of play. Five minutes? That's 93 overs in an eight hour day of play, which is perfect IMO.

Last edited:
I really like the Big Bash, being a league makes it interesting. T20 internationals are just so pointless, calendar is crowded enough as it is.

Years ago before the advent of the T20 format I always though an idea to rejuvenate One Day cricket could be to make them 40 over games but still allow a maximum 10 overs per bowler. It's pretty boring seeing part time bowlers get pushed around the field through the middle overs of a game as a batting side goes into consolidation mode.

I really like the Big Bash, being a league makes it interesting. T20 internationals are just so pointless, calendar is crowded enough as it is.

Years ago before the advent of the T20 format I always though an idea to rejuvenate One Day cricket could be to make them 40 over games but still allow a maximum 10 overs per bowler. It's pretty boring seeing part time bowlers get pushed around the field through the middle overs of a game as a batting side goes into consolidation mode.

I like T20 as a domestic comp. I enjoy the IPL, crookedness and all and the English version which still feels a bit village but that's part of its fun. I wish they didn't play them at international level. The selectors just bung anyone out there now and they look like C teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back