Do Richmond have a chance to contend next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond will struggle to make the eight next year. They have a lot of ordinary players and have been lucky with injuries this year. Going nowhere.
Honestly, I do see where you are coming from. That definitely could happen next year with injuries if Richmond don't bring in talent over the off season. I'd back us to play finals if we are hit with injuries in the forward line, but would be a little concerned if it is our backline. Our backline is fairly strong at its best, but falls away quickly with a few injuries. I don't think we have many solid defenders in our VFL list at the moment. I would be concerned with injuries to our star midfielders as well to be honest. Hopefully our youngsters like Brandon Ellis and Nick Vlastuin learn enough composure this year to lead our team to victory if our star midfielders are ever injured

Honestly, I do see where you are coming from. That definitely could happen next year with injuries if Richmond don't bring in talent over the off season. I'd back us to play finals if we are hit with injuries in the forward line, but would be a little concerned if it is our backline. Our backline is fairly strong at its best, but falls away quickly with a few injuries. I don't think we have many solid defenders in our VFL list at the moment. I would be concerned with injuries to our star midfielders as well to be honest. Hopefully our youngsters like Brandon Ellis and Nick Vlastuin learn enough composure this year to lead our team to victory if our star midfielders are ever injured

midfield is the issue

Plenty of defenders that can play a role in the VFL, Astbury was winning our best and fairest last year before he got injured, Elton shows a heap, Dea could still make it, Castagna unlike to be elevated.

Tigers could pinch it next year. I am so angry. They have been crap for 35 years. Not crap ... ABYSMAL!
The worst team or club in Australian professional sport.

Say what you want but the saints have been good very good and shouldve won flags. For TIGERS to win next YEAR after minimal top 4s, NO minor flags, no brownlows NOTHING ... Would be a joke.

They dont deserve it but UNFORTUNETLY they could ... as the team is right age and showing great signs and 2016 I feel is that weird year where hawks freo sydney just changing over ... And GWS GC. not quite there ... saints dees dogs still rebuiding and youll have north lions carlton bottom out .... Port please port get up in 2016

midfield is the issue

Plenty of defenders that can play a role in the VFL, Astbury was winning our best and fairest last year before he got injured, Elton shows a heap, Dea could still make it, Castagna unlike to be elevated.
Yes, Astbury was going great last year as a replacement. I heard Dea was quitting footy at the end of the year. Not sure about Elton, but I guess we'll wait and see.

For our midfield, I hope Corey Ellis and Menadue develop nicely over the preseason and to cover any potential injuries to our stars. They show a heap of talent imo.

Tigers could pinch it next year. I am so angry. They have been crap for 35 years. Not crap ... ABYSMAL!

Say what you want but the saints have been good very good and shouldve won flags. For TIGERS to win next YEAR after minimal top 4s, NO minor flags, no brownlows NOTHING ... Would be a joke.

They dont deserve it but UNFORTUNETLY they could ... as the team is right age and showing great signs and 2016 I feel is that weird year where hawks freo sydney just changing over ... And GWS GC. not quite there ... saints dees dogs still rebuiding and youll have north lions carlton bottom out .... Port please port get up in 2016
Why so bitter about a Richmond success? Yes, St Kilda were very unlucky to not win a Premiership as they were very good in some seasons of the last 35 years, but Richmond have worked hard on field and off field to get to the position that they are in now. If they win a premiership next year, it is because of their hard work

I know your a troll account but seriously, The Tigers the worst side in Aussie sport ? Dude, you have won just one flag :drunk:

I know your a troll account but seriously, The Tigers the worst side in Aussie sport ? Dude, you have won just one flag :drunk:
Oh come on are you suggesting our 3 grand finals, minor flag, multiple night flags top 4s and brownlows dont compare to your AFL years???

Get real. richmond with all the support and live at the G have been the worst AFL SIDE. An absolute disgrace.

Why so bitter about a Richmond success? Yes, St Kilda were very unlucky to not win a Premiership as they were very good in some seasons of the last 35 years, but Richmond have worked hard on field and off field to get to the position that they are in now. If they win a premiership next year, it is because of their hard work

Saints couldve been the most successful club in AFL. Ridiculously bad luck. Bounces of balls, rich clubs cheating, toe pocks of BS, reiwoldts BS injuries, winmars dad stan alves ego and BS pressure from all
Of victoria unprecedented.
We have entertained with great footyshouldve won 3-5 flags where richmond havent even been close. Not once. No brownlows no minor flags nonnight flags NOTHING. Benny hill team
Of the century. And you want a flag without any top 4s??

No you need to make some top 4s this era and then bottom out and start again. You need to suffer like us.

Oh come on are you suggesting our 3 grand finals, minor flag, multiple night flags top 4s and brownlows dont compare to your AFL years???

Get real. richmond with all the support and live at the G have been the worst AFL SIDE. An absolute disgrace.

Dude, are your seriously counting night flags ? lol. We have won night flags to mate. Also your 3 grand finals are losing Grand finals. My club is in the exclusive back to back bracket, is yours ? I laugh how you include top 4 appearances as a measure of success. Bottom line, success is the ability to win premierships. Yes we have been s**t but fortunately we have been successful, you guys have not.

Now I am not knocking the saints, so real saint supporters dont get upset, just this poster is laughable lol

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints couldve been the most successful club in AFL. Ridiculously bad luck. Bounces of balls, rich clubs cheating, toe pocks of BS, reiwoldts BS injuries, winmars dad stan alves ego and BS pressure from all
Of victoria unprecedented.
We have entertained with great footyshouldve won 3-5 flags where richmond havent even been close. Not once. No brownlows no minor flags nonnight flags NOTHING. Benny hill team
Of the century. And you want a flag without any top 4s??

No you need to make some top 4s this era and then bottom out and start again. You need to suffer like us.

Ok, mate, you have no idea on the word suffering. We have shot ourselves in the foot for 30 odd years. I am fortunate, I have seen my side in 2 flags with one win, being 43. You say we have never made top 4, we did mate in 2001. You say we have not suffered, man, we have gone through a 20 odd year rebuild and every 4 years our miss management meant we had to start all over again.

In saying that however, we have always had the benefit of our 70's and early 80's year of complete dominance over the competition which helped us generate a large and very vocal, crazy but loyal supporter base. To sit there and say we tiger supporters have not suffered is beyond stupid. We are finally in the last 3 years seeing the hard work of having a stable administration and coaching panel pay off.

You have suffered in the 'we are pathetic way' but you havent suffered in the 'o so close' way .
You need to suffer in thay way before achieveing the ultimate.
Saints have been close and shouldve 1991, 1997, 2004, 2005, 2009-2010
But for all sorts of BS WE DIDNT.

Meanwhile you guys havent been anywhere near it. 2001 you werent really a contender. And that was proven in the fact 2000 you were nothing and the followingyear in 2002 you were nothing

Suffer first become a real contender for awhile first.

For guys to be crap 30 years then pull one from nothing is BS

You have suffered in the 'we are pathetic way' but you havent suffered in the 'o so close' way .
You need to suffer in thay way before achieveing the ultimate.
Saints have been close and shouldve 1991, 1997, 2004, 2005, 2009-2010
But for all sorts of BS WE DIDNT.

Meanwhile you guys havent been anywhere near it. 2001 you werent really a contender. And that was proven in the fact 2000 you were nothing and the followingyear in 2002 you were nothing

Suffer first become a real contender for awhile first.

For guys to be crap 30 years then pull one from nothing is BS

LOL, are you not the idiot that said the flags of 2016-2018 are yours ? Why are you stressing?

We'll win 2019 but thats beside the point

We deserve it you guys do not.

Laughable. Hawks werent themselves. My guess is they were training loading for finals.

You watch adelaide pump you friday night.

It will be fun to see ya put back in ya box

Which will make the holy grail taste so much sweeter. Can you imagine this town when the tiges win it? Wow.

It's not fair! It's not fair!

Its actually not
The tigers have never had nor ever will have a better team than the saints 1997 or 2009.

Seriously apart from richo who have you had of worthwhile?

Newman king campbell?? Lol. Atrocious.

To win the flag you need to win three games against some serious opposition, in a high pressure environment.

My complaint about Richmond is the same as it has been for the best part of five years - they simply don't have the depth of players to accomplish it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back