Do the Liberals have any good policies?

Remove this Banner Ad

The last budget was a good budget. It's the gimme, gimme, gimme people (and uneducated twats in the senate) who don't think so.

Well Abbott is trying to retrace some of his footsteps back before the last federal election, while he has his current 'clear air'.

We're back to square one on medicare 'co'payments' or whatever he now calls it, making announcements re Submarines & car industry 'support'
I think he is really confusing everyone with his back tracking, side stepping & his stupid statements.

Its hard to retrace ones foot steps, especially when ones foot is stuck in ones mouth.:rolleyes:

The party made a mistake when they didn't oust him earlier in the year, he's toxic to voters at the moment and he will be for a while. The back-tracking won't save him, it just shows inconsistency in the federal government's message.

The last budget was a good budget. It's the gimme, gimme, gimme people (and uneducated twats in the senate) who don't think so.

It wasn't, a good budget would've had a shot at passing the Senate, even with the perpetual opposition of the Greens and Labor. I support spending cuts, but you've got to be realistic about what you're proposing, a large proportion of what was put forward was never going to win cross-bench support.

It wasn't, a good budget would've had a shot at passing the Senate, even with the perpetual opposition of the Greens and Labor. I support spending cuts, but you've got to be realistic about what you're proposing, a large proportion of what was put forward was never going to win cross-bench support.

The senate cross benchers are uneducated unrepresentative swill. (again, PK reference)

How? The PUP party has self-imploded, the Greens are wackos and Labor disagrees with everything they were going to do anyway.

Labor has shown a willingness to shift on certain policies (e.g. reduction in the RET) and has passed some budget cuts. The other independents have been willing to negotiate on certain policies (particularly the right-leaning or centrist cross-benchers), although the Coalition have generally had to offer concessions to get them though the Senate. Legislation can be passed, its a question of negotiation rather than trying to force it through.

Well Abbott is trying to retrace some of his footsteps back before the last federal election, while he has his current 'clear air'.

We're back to square one on medicare 'co'payments' or whatever he now calls it, making announcements re Submarines & car industry 'support'
I think he is really confusing everyone with his back tracking, side stepping & his stupid statements.

Its hard to retrace ones foot steps, especially when ones foot is stuck in ones mouth.:rolleyes:

It makes you look at the drongos in the Liberal party that just keep this bloke on.

What are they thinking, even if he changes and keeps on changing who can believe what these fools say.

If they win the next election I will really start believing its rigged.

Australians are not that stupid ,. surely???

The senate cross benchers are uneducated unrepresentative swill. (again, PK reference)
Why?

They appear more broadly representative than the current government ministers in the house of reps, since a) they are taking positions in line with public interest and b) critiquing policy at odds with the governments platform.

If they had had the courage to go to an election with these policies, then it would be a different story.

It makes you look at the drongos in the Liberal party that just keep this bloke on.

What are they thinking, even if he changes and keeps on changing who can believe what these fools say.

If they win the next election I will really start believing its rigged.

Australians are not that stupid ,. surely???
Stupid enough too vote for Labor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course if you're wanting to vote with the educated, you'd vote Greens.
But I suspect that you've been conned by propaganda aimed at the stupid, bigoted and fearful and voted for Tones.

It seems that the Libs really like the term 'turnback' no not the boats, their policies.
Is there any major policy that has gone through the Senate in its original form, without compromise/amendment or modification?

That's not surprising given they have to battle through the Senate to pass any legislation.

That's not surprising given they have to battle through the Senate to pass any legislation.
There is a reason they don't pass the senate you know. its that they are unfair and the less well off have to do the paying , when things aren't as bad as they tell us they are. And they've been doing that since day one. ALSO ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS SINCE THE ELECTION AND INTO THE FUTURE IS LABORS FAULT.
Joe looks like a happy rotund fellow on TV but I can't believe what he says , its that look, that even he's not sure. Pyne is just a disgrace to the people who voted him in, in his electorate.

It is simply about winning the argument for him nothing more or less, he sprouts comments so general that he appears as nothing more than a trickster.
Why ? Because he is one, and I wouldn't trust him with my life , my children , my old bomb car, he is the exact example of what people hate in politicians.

If deregulation comes in tertiary education will rise in price . Thats logical and it will happen. It will simply mean the less well off will miss out , and the "elite" who will be the upper middle class to higher domestically/economically placed people will once again have the floor and the same old unfair tradition will go on.

Its who you are not what you are that will count.

Remember Great Britain and the wat the high society males became officers and gentlemen and some had no clue about tactics and lost thousands and thousands of lives.

Well elitism in education is that sort of idiocy, it is coalition people who think like that, and they believe they are born to rule.

Well they aren't but they don't see it. And getting the rabble out of universities is one way of doing it. Pyne is a prime candidate

for the hanging tree in the village!

Why would that be? Perhaps the negotiation should have stated before they put policies to the Senate?
Or perhaps the policies that they are trying to get through were not proposed before they were elected?
Not to worry, let's blame the Senate, not as if this is the first government that has not had a majority in the Senate.

Here is a list of some very good questions.
http://theaimn.com/what-are-the-greatest-challenges-facing-australia/
I particularly like these:
Should we spend hundreds of billions on defence and new submarines, jet fighters, patrol boats, planes, helicopters, drones and bombs or should we increase our foreign aid and actively assist in disaster relief, building infrastructure, improving health and education, moving people out of poverty, and emancipating women?

Should we spend billions persecuting asylum seekers or should we join the global effort to offer displaced people fleeing war and oppression hope, safety, and a new life?

Should we be pursuing people on welfare or corporate tax evaders?

Should we be removing regulations on gambling, food labelling, alcohol and tobacco or should we be putting the health of our citizens in front of profits for international corporations and the taxation or donations they give to government and politicians?

Should we be building more roads or investing in public transport and high speed rail?

Should we be making university education more expensive while we hand over a fortune to “private colleges”?

Should we be cutting wages to aged care and child care workers and defence personnel when the base pay of a federal parliamentarian has grown more than 250 per cent since 1991 with a 31 per cent pay increase awarded to parliamentarians in 2012?

Should we be spending tens of millions to “raise awareness” of domestic violence while closing refuges and defunding support groups and legal aid?

Why would that be? Perhaps the negotiation should have stated before they put policies to the Senate?
Or perhaps the policies that they are trying to get through were not proposed before they were elected?
Not to worry, let's blame the Senate, not as if this is the first government that has not had a majority in the Senate.

When did I ever blame the Senate, its doing its job by acting as the House of Review for proposed legislation. I also have no issue with the federal government negotiating with senators to pass legislation, given that this forms part of the review process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back