Do the Liberals have any good policies?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know. Maybe putting an extra cost on companies for every tonne of carbon they emit would never be passed on to other businesses who deal directly with them or especially consumers. Stop asking silly questions?
And direct action does what?

Taxpayers pay for it. You and I. Funny that.

who cares if it works or not, who cares if people lose jobs

all you care about based on your posts; is not having to contribute and keeping those pesky foreigners out

Can you both think before saying this stuff. Do I come across as the type of person who supports Direct Action? Do I believe in man made climate change? Obviously, no and no.
Have no idea what you are on about but good to see that you don't believe in man-made climate change.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you both think before saying this stuff. Do I come across as the type of person who supports Direct Action? Do I believe in man made climate change? Obviously, no and no.
I asked you what direct action does; simple question.

Believes climate change is cobblers, check, describes the previous government as illegitimate, also check. Abbott's base writ large, ill informed, and ignorant.

Lol, as opposed to the delusional crowd who think Australia can join up to a non existent international emissions trading system and that a 5% reduction in Australia's emissions (a lie in any event) would make any statistical difference whatsoever to global temperatures.

So who is exacly is ill informed and ignorant?

Abbott scrapped two idiotic taxes. We should all be grateful for that even if otherwise the government has been a bit of a shambles.

Please stay on topic. If you think scientists should listen more to voters make your case in the multitude of Climate Change threads.

As it stands, the Liberals are removing support for Wind Farms and personal solar rebates, but still insist they believe in Climate Change and that we will hit the targets we've signed up to with the help of their 'Direct Action'.

Please stay on topic.

Scrapping those taxes were and still are Liberal policies.. That's what the thread is about FFS.

As it stands, the Liberals are removing support for Wind Farms and personal solar rebates

Which is the economically rational thing to do. Now they just need to get rid of direct action. Countries all around the world and cutting subsidies to renewables as they realise its just a budgetary train wreck.

As it stands mining is unsustainable without government subsidies,

That is just complete nonsense. BHP and Rio are still making good money out of iron ore even at these prices. Coal isn't the only sort of mining in Australia.

Are you still trying to run that bs "subsidies" line? Seriously? How many times does it have to be explained to you by various posters on here?

Twiggy Forrest is about to flog his infrastructure wing off to the Chinese, how is the good of the nation being served by subidising his building of infrastructure that he then sells off offshore when his company gets in a bit of strife?

What subsidy? Are you against foreign investment now? What about subsidies for renewables? Are they ok? What about auto subsidies and TCF subsidies? Are they ok?
Mining accounts for what $ of our exports? Circa 50%. Why cripple our most important industry via carbon and mining taxes? The Liberals may be clueless on a lot of things but at least they get that. The ALP are still making fools of themselves in this area

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@...1301.0~2012~Main Features~Mining Industry~150

Scrapping those taxes were and still are Liberal policies.. That's what the thread is about FFS.
FFS it's not always about you. There are about 25 posts on this and the wider point that the Liberals do have policies against Climate Change has been made multiple times. Your post and others argue against taking any action on Climate Change and are better suited to those threads rather than hi-jacking yet another one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back