Do we have a game plan? Jury out!

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have liked to use 'murder of crows' to describe Pyke's web but recent events have soured me on that term.

I also think this whole media blackout/secrecy thing the club is doing is freaking awesome. As interesting as Phil was to listen to, sometimes I got the feeling he was saying too much. We don't really need anybody to say anything about our gameplan or strategy.

At this time last year, Phil Walsh seemed pretty specific about the way he wanted us to play and it actually made me excited to see what he had in mind.

This year, it seems every time a player is asked during an interview what our game style under Pyke will be like this year, it's always, "Awww, hard to say ... too early to tell ... won't be changing too much ... "

NAB Cup is like two weeks away. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems pretty concerning.

Just e-mail the club and I'm sure they'll send you a copy.

Did I wake up this morning and it is June?

You could be sleep-typing, but it's definitely February.

I hope we get to see the Flying V.

I've often wondered this: It's been specifically outlawed in a number of other sports (like NFL) apparently, though I've never looked for it. Given our shepherding rule, I'd love to see someone try it.

Finally, we are keeping the game plans to ourselves. Makes a real change. Do the other clubs start blathering about they will play ay this time of the year, no, so why should we?
The main difference I would like to see this year is when we have shots at goals we kick the bloody goal and not miss them. Yes Tex and JJ are the main culprits.

What is the point of this thread? What do you expect Pykey to say? He's hinted at more players running through the midfield and players playing a variety of roles where possible. He's also noted our defensive pressure is a weakness and needs to improve across the board.

I like his silent assassin approach. Let everyone keep writing us off and predicting our downfall.

surely this thread is a joke right?

why not just fax copies of the whiteboard to all the other clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for the Walshy he never stated what our gameplan was, he actually said wait and see.

Let's leave Pyke in peace to work his Einstein magic.

As long as we've moved on from this:

Here is Adelaide's gameplan expressed as a handy flowchart.

sKaiYua.jpg

I would have liked to use 'murder of crows' to describe Pyke's web but recent events have soured me on that term.

I also think this whole media blackout/secrecy thing the club is doing is freaking awesome. As interesting as Phil was to listen to, sometimes I got the feeling he was saying too much. We don't really need anybody to say anything about our gameplan or strategy.

What'd you think of Sando then?? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What'd you think of Sando then?? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sando talked a lot without saying much of anything. Walsh was actually really interesting. I just got a little frustrated with how specific he was sometimes. A senior coach should be allowed a certain amount of mystique.

Something that's been mentioned repeatedly is there's been an emphasis on how we move the ball on the outside. This fits with the type of players we've brought in. More run. Can't wait to see how this eventuates

Also the team defense structure. Not quite the weagles' web according to Lever but a lot of work has been done according to a lot who have spoken

Remove this Banner Ad

Back