No Oppo Supporters Do we need a new coach?

Do we need a new coach ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone catch Dimma on the Coaches box on SEN last night? Made an interesting point about list management being the domain of Blair and Dan. Also made good point that the contested possession differential was -33 and any game plan goes out the window when you get smashed getting hands to the ball.

Final lost because we had only one player on the day, Miles, able to get consistent hard balls and choices/execution of players not up to par at key moments. Grigg's poor 15m kick to Dusty, Chaplin taking on Nahas, missed goal when ball should have gone over top, Deledio stopping in centre square with options streaming fwd....etc etc. On top of all that, with more than half of our best players playing terribly, and we should have been having a shot for goal to go in front late in the game anyway.

Putting Rance in the centre of the ground is a coaching mistake, Lennon in hindsight should have played and again mistake. These can be put on Dimma and team. But the reason we lost was because Cotch, Ellis, Deledio, Edwards, Chaplin, Grigg all had poor days, maybe worst games all year, against a legitimately good team that have recruited for short term success. Any one or two of those players have an even average game by their standards and we probably are playing in a prelim.

Its too easy to just blame Dimma and not the players, but it wasn't Dimma on the ground watching the opposition want the ball more or poorly executing at key times.

Anyone catch Dimma on the Coaches box on SEN last night? Made an interesting point about list management being the domain of Blair and Dan. Also made good point that the contested possession differential was -33 and any game plan goes out the window when you get smashed getting hands to the ball.

Final lost because we had only one player on the day, Miles, able to get consistent hard balls and choices/execution of players not up to par at key moments. Grigg's poor 15m kick to Dusty, Chaplin taking on Nahas, missed goal when ball should have gone over top, Deledio stopping in centre square with options streaming fwd....etc etc. On top of all that, with more than half of our best players playing terribly, and we should have been having a shot for goal to go in front late in the game anyway.

Putting Rance in the centre of the ground is a coaching mistake, Lennon in hindsight should have played and again mistake. These can be put on Dimma and team. But the reason we lost was because Cotch, Ellis, Deledio, Edwards, Chaplin, Grigg all had poor days, maybe worst games all year, against a legitimately good team that have recruited for short term success. Any one or two of those players have an even average game by their standards and we probably are playing in a prelim.

Its too easy to just blame Dimma and not the players, but it wasn't Dimma on the ground watching the opposition want the ball more or poorly executing at key times.
Pretty good summation but ignores the fact it is almost solely Dimma's responsibity to motivate all the players you mention to ensure they play to the utmost of their ability. Particularly..... especially through a cut-throat final. Not drawing any conclusions or calling for his head but you can't absolve him from blame completely on this issue.

Pretty good summation but ignores the fact it is almost solely Dimma's responsibity to motivate all the players you mention to ensure they play to the utmost of their ability. Particularly..... especially through a cut-throat final. Not drawing any conclusions or calling for his head but you can't absolve him from blame completely on this issue.
Not sure that anyone has, Bruce, it was a collectively ordinary day for Richmond.

Solely Dimma's responsibility?
Players need to motivate themselves when the game is there to be won. I saw Cotchin being dominated all day and no one cared to help him out. I think that points to a lack of motivation from the leaders out on the ground.

Solely Dimma's responsibility?
Players need to motivate themselves when the game is there to be won. I saw Cotchin being dominated all day and no one cared to help him out. I think that points to a lack of motivation from the leaders out on the ground.

So what coaching changes or moves did Dimma make to free up or protect one of our prime movers?

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

If we have players that need the coach to motivate them in an elimination final in front of 90k, especially after last 2 years, then my point about it being the players to blame and not the coach on that day is made. We clearly would have the wrong players on our squad.

As I said Lennon non selection a hindsight mistake. Players not getting up for an elimination final, blame sits with my previously mentioned leaders of the club. Not our best day, hurts like hell. Sure it does within the club, coaches and players included.

You must be joking. He is the equivalent of George Graham coaching Arsenal; if he didn't have Ian Wright up front the gunners would have been mid table fodder.

Adam Simpson is the one we should be smoking out.

You must be joking

So he can take a ready list and take them nowhere on the final stage ? Watch him take off next year when half his stars have retired. Should be throwing the big bucks at Clarkson if he wants a change.

Freo wasn't exactly a ready list/team, no different to what we are now really.

Hard heads and mongrels win finals. The mid field should of been loaded with cats heads with our runners drifting through from half back, Our forwards were immobile and we didn't get the ball to a dangerous position too often. We played timid, as if there was a next week. Until we mongrel up, our progress in finals will be very limited. But the coach needs to put the right blokes on the paddock to do what needs to be done. He is responsible for planning the demise of the opposition, he is responsible for the personnel charged with getting it done. Dimma needs to coach like he played, no compromise.

What personal did he change then? Dawson? anyone else i think your answer would be the list is how he found it.

So, they were still not a ready team. As I said just like we are now. We have a list, it takes someone else at the top to do something with the list. We are better offensively, something he needs. We could win a premiership with ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what coaching changes or moves did Dimma make to free up or protect one of our prime movers?
Our leaders are meant to be on-field coaches, it takes too long for a message from the coaches box to reach the middle of the ground otherwise.
They have been drilled in what their role is for years, they need to (and have) take a lot of the responsibility

Incompetent lot with the buck stopping with the coach. No leadership after six years with a team making school boy errors.
Longest caretaker in the history of the game still making excuses rather than trying to make amends.

That's why I said it. I was disturbed to hear about my cousins kids getting trophies for participating in something. The whole mind set about it is just pathetic, people are far too precious and get weaker and weaker.

I would love to turn up to a job, clock in and clock out within 5 seconds, get paid for the full day for turning up as being a good effort. Seriously, that's what it is teaching.

Used to get them when I was a kid.. I hated them so much cos I knew i really hadn't achieved anything.. Thats the thing, while for some it might teach them that they deserve to be rewarded just for showing up and don't need to work hard, other kids (especially smarter ones) actually are well aware when they deserved a reward and when they don't.

Used to get them when I was a kid.. I hated them so much cos I knew i really hadn't achieved anything.. Thats the thing, while for some it might teach them that they deserve to be rewarded just for showing up and don't need to work hard, other kids (especially smarter ones) actually are well aware when they deserved a reward and when they don't.

You just earned a like. Now print it, frame it and put it on your trophy cabinet. You're a good boy!

Our list is what is preventing changes when things don't go right in the day for individual players . We don't have enough player who can play various roles and there if dominated on the day for whatever reason they can't be moved .
Hill and smith are the only players that come to mind at hawthorn that don't play multiple roles and therefore the rest are rarely dominated ..

People forget that if said player's aren't performing you make changes to try and change the situation but no this champ of a coach keeps his formation and hope it comes good.

Our leaders are meant to be on-field coaches, it takes too long for a message from the coaches box to reach the middle of the ground otherwise.
They have been drilled in what their role is for years, they need to (and have) take a lot of the responsibility

So why have a match day coach then? And the message can get out there quick enough. I don't accept that at all. And Cotchin was monstered all day. Dimma would of had the stats and numbers, and he would of observed it.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Yeah and it doesn't take till the next day to make changes if need be but i forget we never had a plan b.

After watching the oth er finals I am now convinced that our game plan is the problem. They put a graph up of team points for an points against. 14 of the last 15 premiers kick over 100 points and concede less than 70. We play more like freo and Sydney than the hawks. Makes me sad that 3 years ago he had the game plan. Have a look at the contested ball and tackle stats in the other finals and you will see why we keep losing. Unless he changes the way we play over summer, next year will be his last

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

When Norff telegraphed they were going to rest 9 of their bloody players....
Dimma you should have rested Maric...Cotch...Lids...Edwards...
Brought in some heavy hitters to maul the norff leftover regulars...
But nahhhh....same old same old...
You need to develop some rat cunning Dimma...

It's not the Tralagon D grade mate, coaching is not about giving a great pre game speech to motivate the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back