Game Day Do we need to throw up the POWERRRR chant MORE often in crucial moments??

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a big fan , only because it reminds me of the Ceeeeeentrals chant back in the 70's .
I think we need to get some original chants that can become infectious .
A competition maybe . Run by the club . Winner gets to attend a BBQ with the team .

To be fair the crowd probably would have been a lot louder last night if Pittard was playing.

These days the Power chant is being sounded out more like the long-winded Centrals chant. I don't know how that's developed but I swear we used to mainly chant the sharper shorter version, which to me sounds a little more inspiring.

I love the Poooowerrrr chant..awesome!
Has its place, but not a big fan of that as a momentum generator. It sounds so slowwwwww. Maybe if you are 10 goals up on the scoreboard or something. The old POW-ER clap clap clap was better in crucial moments.

It's all good guys I think I've figured it out. I haven't seen a single game that we've won all year and have attended the games against West Coast, Richmond, Geelong and Adelaide. Won't be going again, honest word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While travelling back in time looking for the gerhard poleaxe milhouse meme for Jonts , I came across this thread.

Pete brings an already outrageously s**t thread to it's knees.

Has its place, but not a big fan of that as a momentum generator. It sounds so slowwwwww. Maybe if you are 10 goals up on the scoreboard or something. The old POW-ER clap clap clap was better in crucial moments.

Totally Agree!

The long drawn out 'Powwwwwwweeeeerrrrrrrr' should be kept for celebration & marking victory or dominance!

The shorter sharper 'Power - Clap, Clap, Clap - Power - Clap, Clap, Clap' should be our motivational chant.

I love the Poooowerrrr chant..awesome!
Its actually a Poooooowwwaaaaaah chant. Australians in general dont pronounce the er at the ends of words, they convert it to ah.

Funny thing is the Chicken has been proven to come first

Hmm. I thought the egg came first, but it wasn't a chicken's egg. Just like the first homo sapiens was born of an differently evolved ancestor.

anyway, a few million years of bloody evolution and we're still arguing about what we should be shouting when gathered in large mobs... and who we should be shouting at ;)

Hmm. I thought the egg came first, but it wasn't a chicken's egg. Just like the first homo sapiens was born of an differently evolved ancestor.

anyway, a few million years of bloody evolution and we're still arguing about what we should be shouting when gathered in large mobs... and who we should be shouting at ;)
I heard the other week it had to be the chicken as a protein only found in the hens ovaries is required to produce the egg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back