Do we really need the blood rule any more?

Do we still need the blood rule?

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I watched the Fremantle/GWS game at the pub and talking to another fan we couldn't help but agree that the blood rule in AFL is a waste of time now. Jeremy Cameron being made to run around in a ridiculous bandage just for a blood nose was clearly ridiculous.

No AFL players have HIV. They see doctors and get blood tested on a regular basis. The HIV hysteria of the late 80s and early 90s has turned out to be panic over nothing.

Why do still have to tape players up like mummies when they have a bit of blood on them? Time to scrap the blood rule imo.

I watched the Fremantle/GWS game at the pub and talking to another fan we couldn't help but agree that the blood rule in AFL is a waste of time now. Jeremy Cameron being made to run around in a ridiculous bandage just for a blood nose was clearly ridiculous.

No AFL players have HIV. They see doctors and get blood tested on a regular basis. The HIV hysteria of the late 80s and early 90s has turned out to be panic over nothing.

Why do still have to tape players up like mummies when they have a bit of blood on them? Time to scrap the blood rule imo.
pr0n stars still get HIV even though they're tested on a weekly basis.

It's very much a required rule for personal safety.

Its not just HIV that can be passed from blood to blood contact either. I'm sure the players are fine with spending 2 mins on the sidelines for their own safety.

This is probably why....

(Bloody image)
maxresdefault.jpg

pr0n stars still get HIV even though they're tested on a weekly basis.

It's very much a required rule for personal safety.

pr0n actors contract HIV having sex with people who have not had an HIV test.

All AFL players would be tested for all bloodborne diseases on a weekly or fortnightly basis.

It's not just AIDS, it's any blood borne condition, such as hepatitis. Its the resposnibility of the AFL to provide as safe as a work place as reasonable and the blood rule is reasonable

There are more things that can be caught through blood that HIV. Besides how often are they tested? What if someone was tested today and contracted something tomorrow? If I were playing I would not want someone else's blood smeared on me - regardless of how disease free it was - it's gross!!

Jeremy Cameron was bleeding heavily and continuously so probably in his own best interest to try to stem it.

Keep the blood rule

AFL players are probably doing that too.

The point is that none of the pr0n actors have actually caught the disease having sex with other pr0n actors, because they are regularly tested. They've caught it elsewhere.

If you're worried about HIV then the middle of an AFL ground is probably the safest place in the world to be.

Yes. A small number (the chance of something being transmitted) multiplied by a very big number (the ramifications if it ever did happen) gives a product that you cannot ignore.

The point is that none of the pr0n actors have actually caught the disease having sex with other pr0n actors, because they are regularly tested. They've caught it elsewhere.

This is just wrong, yes the disease may have come from outside the industry originally, but theres numerous reports where an actor has given it to another actor and they have passed from contracting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just AIDS, it's any blood borne condition, such as hepatitis. Its the resposnibility of the AFL to provide as safe as a work place as reasonable and the blood rule is reasonable
Yep, this is it. Clubs and the AFL have a duty of care. Athletes are injected enough within a club and sometimes outside of a club, you don't really know what's floating around.

Footy grounds are rife with bacteria anyway that can badly infect already open wounds. Just get it bandaged.

Did you see his face? There was blood everywhere! And it hadn't stopped bleeding by the end of the game. There's not just blood borne diseases to worry about. Open cuts on grotty grounds can pick up all kinds of infections too. And you don't want kids watching players running around with blood pouring off them.

The players have to be forced off like this because most won't ever voluntarily run off unless they're literally dying.

Its in now thus its hard to unwind due to precedent and proper precaution.

It might be a pain in the ass to run around with a bandage for an hour but that's better than living with a completely preventable terminal disease.

I think its a health and safety thing, I know if I was a player I'd still be hesitant to come into contact with a player who been bloodied. Regardless of his medical history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back