Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
Our dunny houses, on all walls, several premiership posters, cat calendars, player pics, a hanging cardboard cup replica (eye level for men), membership tics, a signed poster of Stevie J at the dogs, a middle paged article on the great man himself (F. Costa), all watched over by Black Caviar. Several opposition club visitors have tried to smuggle in black felt pens.

Apart from that, there’s a signed, framed jumper in the hallway. Just our luck to win it in 2008.

But this is not a question on memorabilia, more like the decoration allowed by your friendly interior designer, and I’m tipping that’s not a terry towelling GFC bedspread.

Who's alright with the blue and white? Car? Animals? Kids? Garage? Desktop?

I’m Interested to know who has a shrine that shines, what’s in it and where?

Great thread, Play It Sam! :)

My 'shrine' is a portable one- and more of a sneak attack on people, than just one place where I kneel in worship... from the Geelong thermal mug in my car (I have 3 and don't mind sharing!) or taken in to meetings, etc.- to the Weg premiership posters in my library, sitting just above the shelf that contains several neatly stacked books on the Cats, to the shelf above my computer that houses the Victory DVDs amongst other Geelong DVDs (Inner Sanctum, Son of a Gun, Decade of Domination, etc.) to my Cats gym bag and cooler bag that accompany me whenever and wherever.

Unfortunately I have yet to convert several members of my household but, when I do, the blue and white striped house is next on my agenda!!

... (can't see that happening, though...)

Great thread, Play It Sam! :)

My 'shrine' is a portable one- and more of a sneak attack on people, than just one place where I kneel in worship... from the Geelong thermal mug in my car (I have 3 and don't mind sharing!) or taken in to meetings, etc.- to the Weg premiership posters in my library, sitting just above the shelf that contains several neatly stacked books on the Cats, to the shelf above my computer that houses the Victory DVDs amongst other Geelong DVDs (Inner Sanctum, Son of a Gun, Decade of Domination, etc.) to my Cats gym bag and cooler bag that accompany me whenever and wherever.

Unfortunately I have yet to convert several members of my household but, when I do, the blue and white striped house is next on my agenda!!

... (can't see that happening, though...)

Haha TC, how would we guess? We've also got a mannequin that stands out the front in a guernsey come finals time. Then there's a full sized statue of the other great man himself, Jesus, with a cats beanie and scarf. He just hangs in the garage and blesses the car and its membership stickers, since we rescued him from an old convent. Frightens the neighbours though - hawks supporters.

Haha- the poor buggers. If you're out and about, just make the sign of the cross near these Hawks people and they'll scamper!!

That's a great idea about your mannequin- I might steal it, if that's OK? I could make a scarecrow out of my Cats clothing (I have a shirt for every day of the week) and park it out the front at finals time! :) (hopefully for quite a few more years yet, in that case!!)

I've given my Cats membership pencil cases and stickers to my friend's younger brother, who's also a Cats supporter- just spreading the Good Word ;)

Many of my rooms are decorated in blue + creamish white + I have a blue/cream tortoiseshell Burmese cat + a lilac/cream tortoiseshell Burmese cat - so they are blue + white ;) My study/dressing room is in proper Geelong colours though + I have Geelong Cats storage boxes.

My other expressions of Geelong Cats devotion:
  • Sticker on the car;
  • For Christmas I have lights for the tree ;)
  • Scarves draping chairs for my cats to snuggle up to;
  • Wine Glasses
  • Key Ringsssssss
I do like the idea of the Christmas mannequin!

Fantastic photos Sam, I have one of GASr naked ;) *swoon*

I was stuck in a lift with Big Gaz once, couldn't get over the size of him, those sloping shoulders like rocks.
I was also stuck in a lift with little Johnny Howard in Adelaide for the cricket once - same hotel. Security nearly died.

PS Just so it's "on topic" Gazza signed something for my old Mum. Captive audience so to speak.

Haha- great stories, Sam!! Memories to treasure!

(and, by the way, it's OK for things to be 'off topic' in the Scratching Post. it's just threads on the main board that some posts are verboten to go off topic.
HEIL... whatsizname....

My brother met Little Johnny where he worked one day and after he (my bro) had given a presentation. LJ went up to him to shake his hand and my bro said "How're you going, Little John....ny... errr...." and realised what he'd said in a room full of MPs and Uni Professors, etc.
Well, that's his story, anyway. Personally, knowing my brother and what a stirrer he is, I'd say he said it deliberately ;)

I was stuck in a lift with Big Gaz once, couldn't get over the size of him, those sloping shoulders like rocks.
I was also stuck in a lift with little Johnny Howard in Adelaide for the cricket once - same hotel. Security nearly died.

PS Just so it's "on topic" Gazza signed something for my old Mum. Captive audience so to speak.
I had GAS land on my feet at Torquay beach taking a speccie catch playing beach cricket. Met him a few times around the traps, lovely, humble. Great tragedy the substances got him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many of my rooms are decorated in blue + creamish white + I have a blue/cream tortoiseshell Burmese cat + a lilac/cream tortoiseshell Burmese cat - so they are blue + white ;) My study/dressing room is in proper Geelong colours though + I have Geelong Cats storage boxes.

My other expressions of Geelong Cats devotion:
  • Sticker on the car;
  • For Christmas I have lights for the tree ;)
  • Scarves draping chairs for my cats to snuggle up to;
  • Wine Glasses
  • Key Ringsssssss
I do like the idea of the Christmas mannequin!

Fantastic photos Sam, I have one of GASr naked ;) *swoon*
You are mad, you know that don't you?

I had GAS land on my feet at Torquay beach taking a speccie catch playing beach cricket. Met him a few times around the traps, lovely, humble. Great tragedy the substances got him.

Hahaha I'll bet you told yourself through the pain...I'll use this one day. :D Imagine all those poor players shoulders he rode!
You are right, I know of many good deeds he did for families, especially bereaved families, before he had that tragic event himself.

Sam!!! That is like a fantasy for me! :hearts: He is massive! Sam did you see the videos that Bobby_ posted of John Barnes?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/geelong-youtube-highlights.335447/page-48#post-34058521

He recounted some stories about Gazza, which were great to hear.

Just to go back 'on topic', I had a lovely bf who gave me Gazza's biography, which was a good read + I thought it was sweet of him to acknowledge how much I liked Gazza.

When I was in the Cats Shop last season, Boris came in to buy a little beanie with Cat's ears for his baby + he was kind enough to sign the 07, 09 + 11 Cup key rings I was buying. Then I couldn't use them, because I wanted to keep them in tact with his autograph, so I had to buy more :rolleyes: ;)

Was he wearing board shorts or a speedo? *puts tongue back in mouth, wipes salivation from face* ;)

Apparently he still preaches at a Geelong church. I've thought of stalking him there, but I'd be hopeless. Had a friend who was head trainer at GFC, who used to strap Gazza + he introduced me after the game in Sydney when he kicked 14 goals + I was useless! Could not utter one word :straining:

You are mad, you know that don't you?

You mean like this?
tumblr_lsgysimEkb1qfrrv2o1_500.png

+ decorates her house in Geelong Cats colours

crazy-cat-lady.gif

But allrighty, it's all very tastefully decorated in the French style + with antiques ;)

You mean like this?

+ decorates her house in Geelong Cats colours

But allrighty, it's all very tastefully decorated in the French style + with antiques ;)

But I bet you didn't decorate it, did you? (otherwise it'd be all navy blue and white stripes all over, with little black kittens frolicking all over the white stripes :)

But I bet you didn't decorate it, did you? (otherwise it'd be all navy blue and white stripes all over, with little black kittens frolicking all over the white stripes :)

Now THAT IS a GOOD idea Teri!

This will give you the idea of my home:

TV Room
blue-and-white-wall-stripes.png

Sitting Rooms
3547007da9245efde794b36203c664ae.jpg

52495151877152288_N0Mgmsdv_c.jpg

Dining Room
painted-wall-stripes.png

Conservatory
zebra_3.jpg

Master Bedroom
262334747013898575_tPZvXT93_c.jpg

Guest Rooms
blue-white-striped-walls-portuguese-interior-design.jpg

Dark-Blue-Beach-Wall-Styles-in-Modern-Apartment-Bedroom-Decorating-Design-Ideas.jpg

+ my favourite Guest Bedroom
87453566_Morskaya_tematika_v_oformlenii_interera_19.jpg

Kitchen
189291990557913659_yJpcgnLo_c.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back