Do you wish you had kept Heath Scotland.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson_26

All Australian
Aug 26, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mighty Ducks
Why start a thread answering your own question you self indulgent tripe....

No, he's a soft outside receiver, we don't need his softness, ala 2003 granny in our side...

now please, go home to ur.... match box?

JK Bundart

All Australian
May 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
If Heath Scotland was in your team this season the premiership flag would be a guarantee.

You have a good squad that is in need of more depth IMO.

Heath would add this depth, did you not know he is the 3RD highest ranked Kelloggs nutri-grain afl dream team player this year.

That speaks for itself.

Dazman

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pies VFL
JK Bundart said:
If Heath Scotland was in your team this season the premiership flag would be a guarantee.

Heath would add this depth, did you not know he is the 3RD highest ranked Kelloggs nutri-grain afl dream team player this year.

That speaks for itself.

Kellogg's Nutri-grain dream team gives points for stats. Tell me where is he ranked in the Herald Sun dream team, where points are given on the effectiveness of possessions.

JK Bundart

All Australian
May 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Dazman said:
Kellogg's Nutri-grain dream team gives points for stats. Tell me where is he ranked in the Herald Sun dream team, where points are given on the effectiveness of possessions.

Heath Scotland is a very good looking man.

You homophobic or something.

Jeez, all decent threads have to go down that line.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
JK Bundart said:

That speaks for itself.

Please tell me you are just winding them up?

JK Bundart

All Australian
May 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Warwick said:
Please tell me you are just winding them up?

Are you winding me up?

Heath for president!!

heath_scotland.jpg

"When Heath Scotland gets the sherrin in his hands magical things are about to happen"

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
The Nutri Grain stats don't provide points for accountability.

Personally, I liked Scoots, but backed the trade at the time, as we lacked depth in quality talls and had a dearth of single paced, sub 6' mids with average skills. That we drafted an uber-dud in Hall is irrelevant to the principle.

As it stands though, Scotland is a poor man's Dane Swan. There would be no room for both of them and Swanny ****s on Scoots from a great height.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
JK Bundart said:
instead of trading him for the draft pick?

The answer is yes.

End of thread.

We didnt trade him - he left us. He wanted to leave and we honored his wish. If Port hadnt been so stupid we'd have Stevens now and they'd have Scotland and a draft pick.. Either Stevens or Scotland would be handy right now but neither are the difference between winning and losing a flag.

goalpie

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2005
Up a crack
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pink Sydney Swines
Somehow I think Walker and Hall would make Carltons team.

He used to get lots of the ball at Collingwood just wastes it half the time. Still does going by recent Carlton games.

Lajon

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2004
The DV
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
goalpie said:
He used to get lots of the ball at Collingwood just wastes it half the time. Still does going by recent Carlton games.

I don't know how many Carlton games you watch, but he is easily in our top couple of players in terms of effectiveness of disposals. Has sensational disposal by foot and always manages to hit a target. He may have weaknesses but "wasting the ball" is certainly not one of them :confused:

MarkT

Hall of Famer
Veteran 30k Posts 10k Posts
Oct 1, 2001
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wish we still had him to a point but he wanted out and it is a marginal issue anyway. He’d be a plus but not a significant one.
goalpie said:
He has better disposal than most of our list.

goalpie

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2005
Up a crack
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pink Sydney Swines
Lajon said:
I don't know how many Carlton games you watch, but he is easily in our top couple of players in terms of effectiveness of disposals. Has sensational disposal by foot and always manages to hit a target. He may have weaknesses but "wasting the ball" is certainly not one of them :confused:

Last game wasnt exactly a highlight. But then again others were worse. Much worse.;)

careyrips(I)

Debutant
Apr 27, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heath Scotland never hit his full potential at Collingwood so it was the right move for us to trade him. He never suited collingwood and it was probably best for both collingwood and himself to move to carlton where he has improved a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back