Do your local police need armoured fighting vehicles?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year 31 were shot and 2 were stabbed. 44 died in vehicle accidents, 13 died of job-related illness, 6 fell, 2 drowned, etc. Mostly it's accidental deaths.

Meanwhile 17 people have been shot dead by police this month so far.

so the police are winning, yeah?

Was that the dude that was holding a BB gun and was apparently (jokingly) aiming it at kids inside a Walmart? store, only for a concerned customer to call the police mistakenly thinking he had was holding real gun? I believe real guns are sold in retail stores in the US, so their confusion can be somewhat justified.

no. his friend who was walking with him said a patrol car pulled them up, told them to get onto the sidewalk, they ignored him and continued walking. officer got out of his car, scuffled with the man and shot him while he had his hands in the air in surrender.

of course his friend's account will be slightly embellished but the facts are that an unarmed teenager was shot multiple times.

I think the image from this angle is a bit more frightening

Police-confront-a-protest-011.jpg

Last year 31 were shot and 2 were stabbed. 44 died in vehicle accidents, 13 died of job-related illness, 6 fell, 2 drowned, etc. Mostly it's accidental deaths.

Meanwhile 17 people have been shot dead by police this month so far.

so even in a good year 44 die in car accidents, second highest cause of death being shot in fact by your own numbers that's a disparity of just 12 dying by accident vs murdered.

of the 17 that dead how many were armed with firearms? we know one wasn't and the result has been riots, looting and burning down shops and cops blocking off roads in armoured cars and telling people to get off the street at gun point.

like it or not america is more comparable to a third world country when it comes to crime. theirs a good argument that alot more cops would die over their if it weren't for there military like training and heavy armour/weapons.

the place is a shithole and can't be compared to a civilised country.

so even in a good year 44 die in car accidents, second highest cause of death being shot in fact by your own numbers that's a disparity of just 12 dying by accident vs murdered.

of the 17 that dead how many were armed with firearms? we know one wasn't and the result has been riots, looting and burning down shops and cops blocking off roads in armoured cars and telling people to get off the street at gun point.

like it or not america is more comparable to a third world country when it comes to crime. theirs a good argument that alot more cops would die over their if it weren't for there military like training and heavy armour/weapons.

the place is a shithole and can't be compared to a civilised country.
All of them were firearms. That's just this month.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nt_officers_in_the_United_States,_August_2014

Not making any comment on justification because I don't know enough facts, but on the eyeball test these two look dodgy.

What is the 'good argument'?

All of them were firearms. That's just this month.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nt_officers_in_the_United_States,_August_2014

Not making any comment on justification because I don't know enough facts, but on the eyeball test these two look dodgy.

What is the 'good argument'?

not what i meant, how many of the 17 Victims had firearms.

going by your link 5 had guns one had a knife, another had a gun that looked real that wasn't. a bunch we have no idea.

there police overeact with tanks and 30 officers and s**t because of situation in america. that is to say its s**t house. I'm not justifying why they shot an unarmed kid that's just ****ed up, but the situation in america right now is cops get a weapon pulled on them on 5 times a month it's something ridiculous like 1 in every 300 cops will get killed in a homicide in the us.

they go in like its the third world because when it comes to crime it is the third world.

Last edited:
I would rather the police respond appropriately to riots and send a clear message to the community that's it's unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

Conversely look at what happened to the these riot police in Ukraine when they were not given the resources/ROE:

The police are there to protect the community and have every right to not accept violence against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back