Palmervich

All Australian
Oct 2, 2008
Rangelands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Mayne might have had a more consistent game, but I'm sure the umpires would have noticed what Fyfe was doing for his moments in the middel and flying up all over the ground. History says the top votes will go the midfielder over a forward, unless it was Mayne kicking 6-7 goals and winning the game for us.
You wouldn't get an argument from me if the umpires gave the votes to Mayne, in fact I would much prefer the umpires to notice those sort of games, the selfless players who do all the hard work to make the players around them look good, like you say though, history shows they don't! Personally I think Fyfes game was probably more important, or more influential to the result, but I can see why others would swing the other way!

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's the record for most Brownlow votes in a season?

Surely Fyfe is well on his way to smashing it. Should all things continue to go swimmingly, of course.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ken Judge gave Fyfe the 3 arguing greatest impact. If he kicked the two goals he gets them easily.

I agree with Ken but I highly doubt that the umps would be thinking that way. They need someone to stand out and tonight that was Neale and Goddard and to a lesser extent Mundy. I don't think Fyfe will get a vote.

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
WA TAB is giving money away.

They have a market for the Brownlow Medal leader after round 5.

Fyfe is paying $1.75. Get on.

Bulldocker

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WB,Claremont,Seahawks,Canucks
WA TAB is giving money away.

They have a market for the Brownlow Medal leader after round 5.

Fyfe is paying $1.75. Get on.
Really? That is generous.
Only ones I can think of that may be remotely close to him are Pendles, Shiel and Mundy. But my guess is that not even the sum of their votes by round five would be ahead of the Fyfernator. Unbelievable odds actually.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Neale and Mundy really will be stealing a fair few votes. We got so many stars. Right now see Fyfe on at 10 votes, with Neale 6 and Mundy 7. Wouldn't be surprised if Danyle gets a few early too, has been influential kicking it forward as well as Hill.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe just 1 vote for Fyfey this week.

Had Lachie and Clancee ahead of him. Anyone think he might miss out completely?

Perhaps one vote.
3./ Lachie
2./ Goddard/Fyfe
1./ Fyfe/Goddard

Peter Bell said Nat will probably poll in the game but he personally wouldn't have given him votes.
I think such is the wave of sentiment now he will probably get a vote when he otherwise wouldn't.

Mezz

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2010
unceded Wangkatha lands, W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
In both of the two Sunday footy shows, their 3,2,1 votes had Natty with one vote each, and Goddard with the two votes. But I forgot who got the three votes :straining:

Back