Analysis Dockers Supercoach/Fantasy Q&A

darkshines

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mundy is the antithesis to conventional SC wisdom. Actually scoring more with less time in the guts.

Saving his petrol tickets for the last quarters have meant hes gone bananas is the two close ones weve had, SC gold.

Depends how serious you are as a player, I cant have him due to rnd 12 bye, if after league wins and not overall, definitely worthwhile pick up.

I note the earlier comments on the potential change in role for Barlow and perhaps carrying a niggle to start the year.

How did he go on the weekend?

Did he get more midfield time?

Dropped down to a juicy price for a guy who has scored well in last 2 years.

Thanks in advance.

I note the earlier comments on the potential change in role for Barlow and perhaps carrying a niggle to start the year.

How did he go on the weekend?

Did he get more midfield time?

Dropped down to a juicy price for a guy who has scored well in last 2 years.

Thanks in advance.
He was running his one size too small top off, much more than the weeks before.

He looked like he was over a cold.

Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
Before anyone asks:

No, Mundy should not be a defender.

Yes, you need to make it a priority to get him in ASAP.

Yes, I would happily take him over Boyd. The opposition can put a hard forward tag on Boyd and his score would drop significantly, but Mundy wins his own ball and won't get tagged as long as Fyfe and Hill are running around!

Crumpy

Draftee
Feb 9, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys I have not been able to watch any Fremantle game time so am only going off fantasy scores.. has Michael Barlow's role/output changed much this season? His tackle count seems to be way down on previous season along with possessions..

Different role?
Injured?
Neale stealing points?

Much appreciated!

Hey guys I have not been able to watch any Fremantle game time so am only going off fantasy scores.. has Michael Barlow's role/output changed much this season? His tackle count seems to be way down on previous season along with possessions..

Different role?
Injured?
Neale stealing points?

Much appreciated!
5 and a bit years to make your first post. Welcome to BigFooty, we'll speak again in 2021.

Barlow may have been ill for his 2 really down scores. He does seem to be playing a lightly different role with Neale taking that first possession role. Freo as a team are tackling less. He's worth taking another week on and seeing his score this week, if you can wait.

Crumpy

Draftee
Feb 9, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
5 and a bit years to make your first post. Welcome to BigFooty, we'll speak again in 2021.

Barlow may have been ill for his 2 really down scores. He does seem to be playing a lightly different role with Neale taking that first possession role. Freo as a team are tackling less. He's worth taking another week on and seeing his score this week, if you can wait.

Haha thanks mate!

I am a man of few words... see u in 5 years

LiftLift

Debutant
Feb 19, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I've read all the previous Barlow questions but was his role (wing/midfield) the same this week? Just noticed he had zero clearances so I don't wana offer on him in a draft league if he was playing up fwd.
Thanks, and sorry again

The19thMan

All Australian
Apr 15, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I liked Sheridan's pre-season but didn't pick him because I thought he was a prime vest candidate with the strength you guys have running through the midfield. In the 2 games he's played he's surprisingly avoided the vest though. From the outside it looks like Lyons rates him.

So my questions are: What role does he play? Will he maintain that role? What is his job security like? Will he ever be vested? What do you think he can average in Fantasy?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
I liked Sheridan's pre-season but didn't pick him because I thought he was a prime vest candidate with the strength you guys have running through the midfield. In the 2 games he's played he's surprisingly avoided the vest though. From the outside it looks like Lyons rates him.

So my questions are: What role does he play? Will he maintain that role? What is his job security like? Will he ever be vested? What do you think he can average in Fantasy?

Thanks in advance.

What role does he play?

Defender or Mid depending on need.

Will he maintain that role?

He could play either, no guarantees.

What is his job security like?

Lyon rates him, but I would still say poor. 1-2 poor games and he will be out of the side.

Will he ever be vested?

Not suited to the green vest as he is not an explosive, but prime candidate for the red vest.

What do you think he can average in Fantasy?

As a pure mid, he could get 80+. If he plays defence probably closer to 50. I would say he is a high risk, medium reward type recruit especially as his is fairly expensive.

I've read all the previous Barlow questions but was his role (wing/midfield) the same this week? Just noticed he had zero clearances so I don't wana offer on him in a draft league if he was playing up fwd.
Thanks, and sorry again

Not getting much clearence time due to the rise of other players like Neale. Some talk of him being proppy.

I would avoid for now, and maybe get him if he can bank 2-3 good weeks.

BITW

Senior List
Aug 22, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
What's happening with Ibbotson? (Fantasy) Very frustrating.

Has hit 25-30 at the end of the first quarter but 3/4 times ended in the 60s, one in the 80s.

Is it a game plan to get him/the defense involved early and then avoid him? I know he can go big if he keeps scoring but he fades so fast.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
What's happening with Ibbotson? (Fantasy) Very frustrating.

Has hit 25-30 at the end of the first quarter but 3/4 times ended in the 60s, one in the 80s.

Is it a game plan to get him/the defense involved early and then avoid him? I know he can go big if he keeps scoring but he fades so fast.

With only two talls he is playing on the 3rd tall and not getting as much space as previously.

Avoid him until we play 3 KPD then have a look. Dawson is a test this week, so maybe in 2-3 weeks his scores will improve.

BITW

Senior List
Aug 22, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
With only two talls he is playing on the 3rd tall and not getting as much space as previously.

Avoid him until we play 3 KPD then have a look. Dawson is a test this week, so maybe in 2-3 weeks his scores will improve.

Sadly he's been in my team since round 1 and I can't fix him - not doing terrible enough to be traded and I have more pressing issues. Really wish I'd stuck with Clancee.

Thanks for the insight, hopefully he comes good when Dawson is back.

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Guys I need help with Mundy. I drafted him in an Ultimate Footy Keeper league and have obviously been stoked with what he has provided so far. I'm looking at a trade of Mundy and Andrew Walker from Carlton for Jackson Macrae and Taylor Walker. I like the idea of selling high on Mundy and buying low on Macrae and I think Andrew Walker's best days are behind him with Tex looking good for the Crows and should keep improving.

Basically, do you think Mundy will drop off a little from here and revert to his normal high 90's type average or do you think in his new role he is really going to continue to be a 110 guy this year with some huge scores still to come? Thanks!

jusjoshin

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2008
Gosnells
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, East Side Hawks
I think he has the capacity to average 110.

I'd be wary of Taylor Walker, he is a jet, but the big power forwards tend to fluctuate wildly in their output. I'd be looking at a forward who spends more time in the middle.

Guys I need help with Mundy. I drafted him in an Ultimate Footy Keeper league and have obviously been stoked with what he has provided so far. I'm looking at a trade of Mundy and Andrew Walker from Carlton for Jackson Macrae and Taylor Walker. I like the idea of selling high on Mundy and buying low on Macrae and I think Andrew Walker's best days are behind him with Tex looking good for the Crows and should keep improving.

Basically, do you think Mundy will drop off a little from here and revert to his normal high 90's type average or do you think in his new role he is really going to continue to be a 110 guy this year with some huge scores still to come? Thanks!
I like the idea for a keeper league but think you are underselling both Walker and Mundy for this season. If you are no chance of finals or comfortable you are making the GF then I think it's worth considering. Otherwise, I think this year Mundy and Walker are more likely to get a flag for you. I'm a Mundy owner in a keeper UF league (back to back flags in 2013/4) and would want more slightly more to trade him, in the range of Treloar, Parker, Hanners (all young enough to hold for 6-8 years).

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
I like the idea for a keeper league but think you are underselling both Walker and Mundy for this season. If you are no chance of finals or comfortable you are making the GF then I think it's worth considering. Otherwise, I think this year Mundy and Walker are more likely to get a flag for you. I'm a Mundy owner in a keeper UF league (back to back flags in 2013/4) and would want more slightly more to trade him, in the range of Treloar, Parker, Hanners (all young enough to hold for 6-8 years).

Ok thanks for the advice, i'm obviously a bit biased when it comes to Macrae and think he is a fantasy star who is obviously a little down at the moment. I'm top of the ladder at the moment with a good team, could use a Fwd more than a back which is another reason I like the trade. I'll have to think about it some more, cheers.

Ok thanks for the advice, i'm obviously a bit biased when it comes to Macrae and think he is a fantasy star who is obviously a little down at the moment. I'm top of the ladder at the moment with a good team, could use a Fwd more than a back which is another reason I like the trade. I'll have to think about it some more, cheers.
All those factors make it more favourable, it gets my (worthless) tick of approval.

LiftLift

Debutant
Feb 19, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I know Duffield was the sub on the weekend but had he been playing different to his usual quarterback/kickins roll over the past few weeks?
I noticed the only other time Duffield has had a lead period was 2nd half of 2013 when Ibbotson was doing well. Is there anything to that?
Many thanks

Back