Docklands Stadium (Marvel Stadium) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping someone can answer a question about Etihad's ticketing,

I received some Medallion club tickets from my work, however there are more people going then there are tickets, can Medallion tickets be used to sit in the general admin section?

Thanks in advance.
Skitlz

I received some Medallion club tickets from my work, however there are more people going then there are tickets, can Medallion tickets be used to sit in the general admin section?

Thanks in advance.
Skitlz

Assuming it is not a fully ticketed game (ie not a match between two of the bigger victorian teams) will be fine just to sit in the GA section on level 3.

Assuming it is not a fully ticketed game (ie not a match between two of the bigger victorian teams) will be fine just to sit in the GA section on level 3.
It's the Sunday St Kilda Vs Richmond so possibly but will give it a shot
Thanks again!

Thanks in advance.
Skitlz
Get there early to make sure you get one of the seats.

One thing i never understood about the design of docklands were those seats in the top corner with limited viewing surrounded by the concrete walls

Who possibly thought that was a good idea

One thing i never understood about the design of docklands were those seats in the top corner with limited viewing surrounded by the concrete walls

Who possibly thought that was a good idea
The same person who forgot that a stadium being built with Australian Rules being the major tenant would need coaches boxes.

Thanks in advance.
Skitlz

How'd you go?

Interesting discussion on seating relevant to when the AFL takes over the stadium
http://www.theage.com.au/business/b...ts-stadium-redevelopment-20150731-gioln9.html

Australian sports stadiums have been warned against devoting too much space to corporate boxes as fans claw back prime seats in European football grounds.

FC Barcelona, one of the world's wealthiest sports team, is considering bringing its members – known as "Socios" – back into the middle tier of its home ground "Camp Nou" when it renovates its 99,000-seat stadium, according to Tristram Carfrae, the London-based vice chairman of global engineering and design group Arup.

Thanks to Bartbart

A lot of talk today regarding etihad hosting finals this year. I think it's a good idea if its say doggies or north vs an interstate team. Dogs play well there too. The surface is much improved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of talk today regarding etihad hosting finals this year. I think it's a good idea if its say doggies or north vs an interstate team. Dogs play well there too. The surface is much improved.
This can't happen easily due to the AFL's contract with the MCG/MCC.
If there's more than 3 Finals to be played in Melbourne they can use another venue (ES/SS), or if two Finals need to be played on the Saturday in Melbourne.

EG 2011 Saints played at Etihad, 2013 Geelong played at Simons.

This year there's likely to only be two matches in Melbourne in the first week (both Elims) so there'd be no clash. If Hawthorn get up to 2nd then there'd be a game at Etihad, or they'd play MCG Friday Saturda and Sunday. They could get one/both moved if the MCC/MCG agreed but it would be in exchange for more games next year. There's also the requirement to keep an average of two Finals per year (excluding GFs) at the MCG over a rolling 5 years.

Playing surface wise Id rather play a final at Docklands if I was a player. MCG pitch is disgusting at the moment.

Playing surface wise Id rather play a final at Docklands if I was a player. MCG pitch is disgusting at the moment.
It's a month till finals. No soccer, State of Origin, and 10 only games to be played there between now and the finals, plus the weather will start warming up. Will be mint in September.

This can't happen easily due to the AFL's contract with the MCG/MCC.
If there's more than 3 Finals to be played in Melbourne they can use another venue (ES/SS), or if two Finals need to be played on the Saturday in Melbourne.

EG 2011 Saints played at Etihad, 2013 Geelong played at Simons.

This year there's likely to only be two matches in Melbourne in the first week (both Elims) so there'd be no clash. If Hawthorn get up to 2nd then there'd be a game at Etihad, or they'd play MCG Friday Saturda and Sunday. They could get one/both moved if the MCC/MCG agreed but it would be in exchange for more games next year. There's also the requirement to keep an average of two Finals per year (excluding GFs) at the MCG over a rolling 5 years.
MCG have said they're fine with it as they are way ahead on their finals games quota

Does the MCG or Docklands get the extra game if no final? Its been a very long time since Docklands has hosted a final for AFL. Hawthorn and Melbourne now have joined Richmond and Collingwood in playing home games at the venue. I remember reading if they dont host a final an extra match must be played at Docklands the following season. This rule surely doesnt apply to MCG if now Richmond, Hawthorn, Melbourne play 1 home game at Docklands and Collingwood 2.

Just look at the final round. Both Melbourne and Richmond have home games at Docklands on the same weekend.

Does the MCG or Docklands get the extra game if no final? Its been a very long time since Docklands has hosted a final for AFL. Hawthorn and Melbourne now have joined Richmond and Collingwood in playing home games at the venue. I remember reading if they dont host a final an extra match must be played at Docklands the following season. This rule surely doesnt apply to MCG if now Richmond, Hawthorn, Melbourne play 1 home game at Docklands and Collingwood 2.

Just look at the final round. Both Melbourne and Richmond have home games at Docklands on the same weekend.

Docklands is compensated with extra games in the event there is no final there in any given year. The MCG only has to have 10 over 5 years plus Grand Finals.

Why couldnt they get green astroturf for the boundary rather than the horrible yellowy colour? Looks terrible.

Yer what is the go here? The brown Astro turf looks bloody horrible... They have finally got the main turf lookin great after all these years and now around the boundary its crap lookin. Is it that hard to find green Astro turf???

I just dont get the hate for etihad. I love the ground.
With Victorian crowds being so poor over the last few years, including prime Friday night games, when its brought up as an issue the answer from the talking heads in the media is that no one likes to go there. How the hell doesnt anyone want to go there. Its in the CBD. It is undercover and free of rain and wind. The seating is awesome to watch footy from. So how the hell is not supported. Excuses like "its not our home ground" or "Collingwood supporters prefer the MCG" etc etc just seem pathetic.
My personal view is it isnt the stadiums fault, but rather a supporter problem.

I just dont get the hate for etihad. I love the ground.
With Victorian crowds being so poor over the last few years, including prime Friday night games, when its brought up as an issue the answer from the talking heads in the media is that no one likes to go there. How the hell doesnt anyone want to go there. Its in the CBD. It is undercover and free of rain and wind. The seating is awesome to watch footy from. So how the hell is not supported. Excuses like "its not our home ground" or "Collingwood supporters prefer the MCG" etc etc just seem pathetic.
My personal view is it isnt the stadiums fault, but rather a supporter problem.
Agreed, Some of these victorians are very precious.
Fine the stadium deal is a bit rough but that should not stop the fans actually attending games. Like seriously Collingwood fans with the average crowds they get at the MCG should be coming close to have a full stadium at Etihad. And for the "Lack of Atmosphere" if people actually rock up there will be an atmosphere. Trust me if WA team fans were so precious about what the stadium was like no one would be rocking up to games at Subi. Victorians have to realise they have two of the best stadiums in the country, use them and actually rock up to games that might solve the problem.

Agreed, Some of these victorians are very precious.
Fine the stadium deal is a bit rough but that should not stop the fans actually attending games. Like seriously Collingwood fans with the average crowds they get at the MCG should be coming close to have a full stadium at Etihad. And for the "Lack of Atmosphere" if people actually rock up there will be an atmosphere. Trust me if WA team fans were so precious about what the stadium was like no one would be rocking up to games at Subi. Victorians have to realise they have two of the best stadiums in the country, use them and actually rock up to games that might solve the problem.

WA fans have one stadium to play at. So do South Australians. Victorians have two, thus a choice. Victorians no doubt do realise they have two of the best stadiums, they just prefer one over the other.

WA fans have one stadium to play at. So do South Australians. Victorians have two, thus a choice. Victorians no doubt do realise they have two of the best stadiums, they just prefer one over the other.

An attack of the sads because games are not scheduled at your preferred venues equals precious princess material
OR
just underlines how the demand for footy in Melbourne exceeds the supply ( & womens footy might further exacerbate this problem)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back