Movie Doctor Strange

Remove this Banner Ad

Benedict_Cumberbatch_as_Doctor_Strange.jpg

We've got a cast, a release date and a look at Cumberbatch as the good doctor so let's do this.

Released: 4th November 2016

Cast

Benedict Cumberbatch - Doctor Strange
Chiwetel Ejiofor - Karl Mordo
Rachel McAdams
Mads Mikkelsen
- (Unnamed primary antagonist)
Tilda Swinton - Ancient One
Michael Stuhlbarg - Nicodemus West

Directed by Scott Derrickson whose track record...isn't great. But with Marvel in charge you'd back him in.

Benedict-Cumberbatch-as-Doctor-Strange-1.jpg

Benedict-Cumberbatch-as-Doctor-Strange-2.jpg

I'd be guessing a trailer soonish and Cumberbatch to pop up in the Civil War stinger.

Last edited:

The animation was quite good mind you, however it'll be a difficult film to pull off with explaining how the magic works.

No doubt they'll go with the inter dimension explanation route to explain the devil and such.

Saw it last night. Its just a really solid MCU film, probably not going to be anyone's favourite but the creative direction was really top notch even if some of the CGI was a bit meh.

Pretty cool.

I'm a bit worn out on the whole MCU/DC films, and I don't think this sparked any second wind of enthusiasm for it all, but visually it was fun to watch, and can't fault any of the performances.

Definitely one to go back and see stoned, thought they incorporated the Ditko acid-trip stuff really well.

I don't know if anyone agrees, but it kind of feels like they're setting him up as a bit of a counterpoint to Stark - similar snark, backstory etc, but obviously dealing with some much weirder s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely one to go back and see stoned, thought they incorporated the Ditko acid-trip stuff really well.

I don't know if anyone agrees, but it kind of feels like they're setting him up as a bit of a counterpoint to Stark - similar snark, backstory etc, but obviously dealing with some much weirder s**t.

Yeh, I think if im on the money...

In phase 3 new Avengers set up he would make sense as the new Stark.

Take shrooms.

Also just wanted to add that the casting was universally spot on. Cumberbatch nailed Dr Strange, and changing the Ancient One to a woman was an improvement as Tilda Swanton stole every scene he was in imo.

Well+i+d+think+op+just+wrote+it+like+that+to+_705ebbbdae0c460998454e9c1d7ff4b3.png

Before Civil War I hadn't enjoyed a Marvel film since Iron Man 1. Looking forward to this film tonight,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a bit before I went in. Damn. Wish I took more. It's good fun for 2 hrs. Actually, thought they could've pushed it to 2.5hrs and fleshed some stuff out a bit more.

I don't normally like Rachel MacAdams, but thought she played her role well.

Nice post-credits scenes too. :thumbsu:

My god.....

Really regret not dropping acid though.
Saw it on a shitty drive-in screen so god only knows what the Blu-Ray will do to people.

May overtake SPEED RACER as " Movie most likely to bring on a seizure "

Geez they almost had a challenger to GALACTUS from F4 - ROTSS as worst incarnation of a villain with the big D , still he didn't look like i'd expected him to ( Avengers animated )

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back