FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Traumatic? It was brilliant for the Rose haters. Hence, I loved it.
Yes but the bulk of Rose haters are bitter old men who remember the original series very differently to how it actually was. So.

What the heck is wrong with having a series with a bloody alien just having a platonic relationship with humans travelling with him? Sorry but the soap element of companions falling in love with him was absolutely cringe worthy.

The more I think about whilst he still had some good moments Tennant's Doctor is very close to worst to ever appear on the show in 50 years.

What the heck is wrong with having a series with a bloody alien just having a platonic relationship with humans travelling with him? Sorry but the soap element of companions falling in love with him was absolutely cringe worthy.

The more I think about whilst he still had some good moments Tennant's Doctor is very close to worst to ever appear on the show in 50 years.
And others would say "What the heck is wrong with just ONCE having a companion fall for him? Just ONCE?".

You like it one way. Others like it others way. It doesn't one way lesser than the other.

it was not just the companion falling, Tennant's doctor had romantic overtones that detracted from the important detachment always evident in the doctor. Christopher Eccleston doctor maintained that detachment .Then it deterioated into serial soap operaness which may satisfy some but is not doctor who for those who have followed it for decades. It is a sell out of a character and I remember the classic series well because I still have it. though the new doctor may turn this around and give the show some edge back and not give in to childish demographics

Watched the latest episode on iView. I thought it was a very interesting episode and it seems like that Moffatt has finally realised that Clara needs some character exposition.

The obligatory Dalek episode was very interesting approach to it. Given we see the Daleks so often in the new series, they needed to come up with something that wasn't just the Daleks threatening to wipe out the Terrans with the Doctor saving the day, as always. The story about the mad, reformed Dalek who had seen the light was a nice touch, and the ending says a lot about the Doctor.

We also had our obligatory cut-away scene featuring Missy.

I wonder if there is a connection between Danny Pink and the soldiers on the ship, given that the female soldier that accompanied the Doctor and Clara into the Dalek was called 'Blue' (from memory).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most recent episode.

They can just land on Gallifrey now? I know the Time War is time-locked, but you can just have a scene on Gallifrey like that. WTF was that?
I completely agree. Has to be one of my favourite episodes of all actually.

This'll be a point that will be raised and questioned for quite a while now I think. But the easiest answer that they'll probably (geddit? :p) give is that the TARDIS wanted to put to rest any doubts or craziness the Doctor had by taking him there for one trip, so that The Impossible Girl can save him once again. If you watch, the telepathic circuits change colour before taking off, whereas hey didnt do so the first time. This could be said that this is the point that the TARDIS took over and away from Clara's mind, but still taking cues from her earlier glance at the Time Lord. Thats my theory at least

I completely agree. Has to be one of my favourite episodes of all actually.

This'll be a point that will be raised and questioned for quite a while now I think. But the easiest answer that they'll probably (geddit? :p) give is that the TARDIS wanted to put to rest any doubts or craziness the Doctor had by taking him there for one trip, so that The Impossible Girl can save him once again. If you watch, the telepathic circuits change colour before taking off, whereas hey didnt do so the first time. This could be said that this is the point that the TARDIS took over and away from Clara's mind, but still taking cues from her earlier glance at the Time Lord. Thats my theory at least
Well he did turn off the safeties that is why it could go to the end of the universe (without trying to shake off Jack Harkness) and presumably why the TARDIS could not only cross the doctors timeline but go back into the Gallifrey's past, then again they also did this in Day of the Doctor's with 9, 10, 11 & 12 all travelling back into Gallifrey's past. Maybe it was more of a law of the Timelords rather than a limitation of the technology

Within the extra features on the Catweazle DVD set, Geoffrey Bayldon tells of how he was considered to play the Doctor:

"It was no more than my agent saying, 'Geoffrey, they've rung and they want to know if you're free for 52 weeks.'
And I went 'Oh, Heaven!'
'To play an old man.'
'Oh,' I said.
And eventually, I never read a script, I just said, 'No. Tell them: too long and too old.'
Then later, came Catweazle. And despite the fact that in the meantime I'd been quite often very out of work and had begun to wonder whether I'd made a dreadful, dreadful mistake in saying no to Doctor Who, when I read Catweazle, I knew that was what I wanted to play, and probably wouldn't have got it if they'd remembered me as Doctor Who, so that was it."

Wow. That episode was pure garbage.

Just kill the Pink character already.

Have to agree, I've lost all interest in the show since this seies started, maybe its time to regenerate the doctor and make sure Clara and the Pink guy are killed in the process, or just make this series a bad dream sequence that Matt Smith and Amy Pond were having and go back to when the show was watchable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back