Cars & Transportation Dodgy drivers or roads - rant here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of us have low cars.
Should have added the qualification, unless you have a low car.

I was stuck behind a guy in a Landcruiser, without any visible loads, slowing to 10km/h for the bumps on my route home from work the other day. Was painful.

Should have added the qualification, unless you have a low car.

I was stuck behind a guy in a Landcruiser, without any visible loads, slowing to 10km/h for the bumps on my route home from work the other day. Was painful.
Well clearly this guy has never been off-road.

I worked with a guy once who got himself a new 4WD, can't remember exactly what. A bunch of us one time went surfing to a spot where you had to take a bush track to the beach. Nothing too dramatic, but off road. I was driving behind this guy, every time he went past a tree that brushed the car he'd stop and get out to check it hadn't scratched the paintwork.

My ex.

Got done for speeding TWICE in the one drive yesterday. I say GOOD- (no I'm not vindictive, we're still good friend), I say GOOD because he is always ****ing speeding and maybe now he'll ****ing drive within the limits.

He also ruined my perfect driving record when we were going out.. so maybe some of this anger is coming from there too.

People who keep rolling forward while waiting for the lights to go green, and when they finally do they take forever to move.

Great call. There is no reason to pre-empt lights. If people were booked for "running a red light" by just being over the line then I reckon 50% of drivers would get done. It's just annoying and I am in favour of check-up driving tests every 10 years so we can actually get a few of these plebs off the road.

Doss - those people who swing wide to turn left are painful, the only time I find the need to do that is in a tight car park.

- Those who are too impatient when they're waiting at a set of lights that are on a red light and beep their car horns causing plenty of other drivers to lose their s**t.
- Hoons who deliberately drive dangerously in residential streets.
- Workmen holding up traffic due to roadworks.
- Those who run red lights.

Happens all the time as the roads are being fixed and there are plenty of uni students travelling by car who are impatient. There are always hoons when it's raining in my home town. Some people just don't understand that what they are actually doing is wrong.
Also there is a intersection crossing near me which I use to cross the road because the road is just way too busy to walk across it. Have seen the odd hoon run red lights.

Oh and for those who are asking me if I drive I don't. I catch buses. I don't even own a car.

Last edited:
- Those who are too impatient when they're waiting at a set of lights that are on a red light and beep their car horns causing plenty of other drivers to lose their s**t.
- Hoons who deliberately drive dangerously in residential streets.
- Workmen holding up traffic due to roadworks.
- Those who run red lights.

Happens all the time as the roads are being fixed and there are plenty of uni students travelling by car who are impatient. There are always hoons when it's raining in my home town. Some people just don't understand that what they are actually doing is wrong.
Also there is a intersection crossing near me which I use to cross the road because the road is just way too busy to walk across it. Have seen the odd hoon run red lights.

What sort of car do you have?

Traffic lights. Specifically,

(1) traffic lights in the city that can't tell the difference between 8.15am on Sunday and 8.15am on Monday.

(2) traffic lights that can't skip any steps in their cycle so you have to sit there and wait for it to go through all the different stages when there isn't another car to be seen in any direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traffic lights. Specifically,

(1) traffic lights in the city that can't tell the difference between 8.15am on Sunday and 8.15am on Monday.

(2) traffic lights that can't skip any steps in their cycle so you have to sit there and wait for it to go through all the different stages when there isn't another car to be seen in any direction.

Welcome to WA

People who avoid cyclists by;

Slowing down; swerving; cross a solid line; no indication; general weak driving ability; general poor distance perception.

You can drive REALLY close to them and not hit them, and even then, if your mirror clips them and they are moving, they just wobble a bit, if they have ANY skill.

People who avoid cyclists by;

Slowing down; swerving; cross a solid line; no indication; general weak driving ability; general poor distance perception.

You can drive REALLY close to them and not hit them, and even then, if your mirror clips them and they are moving, they just wobble a bit, if they have ANY skill.

I was going to like your post until I read the last sentence. You're a moron.

It should never be necessary when making a standard left turn, though.

I do it when going home late from work but only if there is no cars on the road at all which is generally the case. I agree, if there are other cars around it's idiotic.

Seen some guy in a commodore wagon traveling well over the speed limit in the outside lane on the Western Ring Rd this evening and as he was getting closer to the car in front of him he flicked his hazards on as if to say "get out of my way I can't stop". He got real close, braked, did a bit of a fish tail and then overtook the other car on the shoulder.

I thought he was going to plow straight into the other car.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back