Games Does anyone Play Football Manager?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tomorrow I feel like actually doing it.
Been all talk, no action in the past.
Going to try and create the perfect 2-3-5 team.

What would be the perfect personal for that formation?

2 DCs?

What personal for it? no one. The tactic would fail. Atleast 3 down back.

2 DCs?

What personal for it? no one. The tactic would fail. Atleast 3 down back.

My favorite tactic is to play with just two CB's. 70+ games unbeaten.....

It can be done quite successfully with the right set up.

They were also playing with a brick of a ball on terrible pitches back then. Don't think the long range passing would have been up to the standards of these days hence why that would have worked. Would love to see how it goes though

They were also playing with a brick of a ball on terrible pitches back then. Don't think the long range passing would have been up to the standards of these days hence why that would have worked. Would love to see how it goes though
I let my assistant choose the Spain national team.
Won 5-3 over Tunisia.

I edited San marino in C1A.
Bale - Rooney - Falcao - Aguero - Messi
Inesta - Hamsik - Modric
Kompany - someone I forgot the name of right now
Cassilas

Drew 3-3 in game 1. IN TIER 3 ITALY.

Yeah, this isn't going to work o_O

Really enjoying my current save. Playing with Barnet , have got them promoted from the blue square bet premier to npower league 1. Highlight so far has been the signing of Adnan Januzaj on loan.

Currently managing East Stirlingshire in the Scottish leagues - have just won promotion to the SPL (Scottish Premier League) having started with a part time outfit in the Scottish fourth division.

For whatever reason, the reputation of my club predominantly only allows me to attract young English players cut from premier league/championship teams, young reserve Dutch players or Italians playing in the Italian lower leagues (Serie C and below). Not many (decently talented) Scots want to play for me :confused:

Not too bad though, the younger players come on quite well with plenty of game time and I normally sell them on after a season or 2 for a tidy profit which has helped enable me to transform the club into a professional, full time outfit with a mighty 2000 fans turning out for home games (first season averaged about 150). :D

Currently managing East Stirlingshire in the Scottish leagues - have just won promotion to the SPL (Scottish Premier League) having started with a part time outfit in the Scottish fourth division.

For whatever reason, the reputation of my club predominantly only allows me to attract young English players cut from premier league/championship teams, young reserve Dutch players or Italians playing in the Italian lower leagues (Serie C and below). Not many (decently talented) Scots want to play for me :confused:

Not too bad though, the younger players come on quite well with plenty of game time and I normally sell them on after a season or 2 for a tidy profit which has helped enable me to transform the club into a professional, full time outfit with a mighty 2000 fans turning out for home games (first season averaged about 150). :D

The reputation of Scottish clubs is one of the hardest things to build up, that's why its a great challenge!

Great work though! East Stirlingshire were offically the worst team in britian at one point a few years ago.

The reputation of Scottish clubs is one of the hardest things to build up, that's why its a great challenge!

Great work though! East Stirlingshire were offically the worst team in britian at one point a few years ago.

Yeah no doubt, in my first transfer window in the SPL, I'm finding I'm competing with English championship, league 1 and even a few League 2 sides for free transfer signings! I won a cup competition and both the Scottish League 2 and League 1 (4th and 3rd tier comps) and the impact on the club's reputation and ability to attract players is pretty negligible!

Celtic and Rangers don't seem to splash much cash either despite having huge crowds and having European football to offer/attract players - will be tough work to stay up but we'll see how we go.

Wouldn't surprise me, I first managed them back in FM05 or 06 and they were terrible. Even now, my starting squad in my first season was made of part time players and my highest wage earner was on $85 AUD per week :confused:

I got Aston Villa as a parent club in my previous season so their financial help has been great. Not many of their players want to come on loan to me though (due to the low reputation of the club). Hopefully having SPL status will change that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back