DOES ANYONE REMEMBER FITZROY BITTER????

Remove this Banner Ad

IAMDASH

All Australian
Mar 7, 2001
Melbourne
I went on CUB tour at the brewery recently and when they were showing us all the different labels up popped FITZROY BITTER. Did anyone buy or sample this. It was produced by CUB as a fundraiser for the club. I cant remember the year but I am sure FP or Mr Ripper will know. I actually bought 2 slabs for a mate of mine and me old mans for his 50th bday. Of course they were all drunk and not one stubbie kept(PURE STUPIDTY I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!). I actually sampled it and I reckon it was probably Melb Bitter but this was a long time ago so I am not sure. The label looked like a mlbourne Bitter label with red/blue trimming and a yellow lion on white background while the slab box was white with red writing and same logo. It was in a stubbie(i.e VB as opposed to CD midnecks). The reason this triggered my memory because it was mentioned in an article I read as a good collectable worth a bit of dough (unopened, sealed etc so it sort of defeats the purpose really). If anyone has some left hang on to it. Maybe someone on the list knows more about this.

PS the CUB tour is well worth a gander. One of the best tourist attractions in Melb I reckon. And u get a cople of free pots post tour. Even better!!!!!!!!

------------------
See ya round

They were done for our fundraiser when we used AFL house in Jolimont Street, so many fundraisers I'm sure it was '91, anyway the year before Dyson became Pres'.
We got them done by Bob Beattie ex Roy Boy who works in marketing?? at CUB.
We sold s**t loads and sold out within weeks still got 2 in Storage in Oz.

Yes we bought a carton. Still have the box and one bottle unopened and put away for posterity. Still have some labels, now laminated for coasters.
It was 1991 and part of the major fundraising drive to save the Club.
The labels looked terrific.
Bill A.

I be remembers it, but I don't got any of it.

Had I had it, mine self might have drunk it.

I used to be drink stuff.

Actually, I had no idea that it was such a recent thingy. I thoughty it was a promotional thingy done yonksy agoey.

Obviously notty
smile.gif

------------------
Hallowed be thy Roy

Don't wory Kev you wouldn't forget it as it was crap, it was Ballarat Bertie Bitter, the dregs of any beer, something like some of this rubbish in the UK, just wish they sold Carlton Draught here you wouldn't get people out of the pubs.

Levo

i had a stubby of fitzroy bitter given to me by a colleague in perth who is an avid beer can collector. it sat proudly on my desk for a couple of months until i noticed one monday it was missing. i asked the cleaning lady whether she had seen it - "oh, i threw it out" she said "shouldn't i have?". dozy cow, obviously a frickin' west coast supporter mr bigglesworth......

8 ace (anyone got $1.49?)

[This message has been edited by 8 Ace (edited 17 April 2001).]

Actually, I had a few pints of FITZROY AMBER ALE last night, before going to see Anthony Morgan, in the comedy festival. Turns out, he's a Roys supporter to boot!

The Roys Amber Ale went down pretty well. It also came up a bit too easy for my liking a couple of hours later . . .
redface.gif

I just cane across one of these stubbies on ebay and tryed google to see if they are valuable or not. They seem pretty rare because this post is the only thing that came up. The starting bid is$100 I know its a bit far fetched cobsidering post on this was in 2001 but wondering if its worth buying because my father is crazy fitzroy and what a birthday present it would be.

I know a pub down Brunswick Street was selling the stubbies a while ago, I can't remember which though. I'm pretty sure CUB release them and Richmond Lager et al every so often to keep the copyright in tact. Also pretty sure they're just VB/Draught/Melbourne Bitter alternated too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back