Family & Relationships Does Christmas bring out the worst/best in people...?

Remove this Banner Ad

People spend all year avoiding their relatives and then are expected to spend a whole day with them.

There's nothing like a long, drawn out meal with people you have nothing in common with other than DNA to lift everyone's spirits.

People spend all year avoiding their relatives and then are expected to spend a whole day with them.

There's nothing like a long, drawn out meal with people you have nothing in common with other than DNA to lift everyone's spirits.

Golden-Girls-Hysterical-Laugh-Gif.gif

Despite the fact I'm 22 now I'm still clinging to the kids table. The kids table is the best.

You're not wrong
It's not that I dislike my extended family but I really don't have THAT much in common with them

Enjoy the family arguments in Target, Kmart and the shopping centre car parks.

One year the whole extended family on my fathers side was supposed to hold an Xmas party in respect of our grandfather who was recently diagnosed with bowel cancer at the time. It got cancelled due to a neverending fight between two aunties on which aunty should host it. Some people are just useless at this time of the year.

I also remember the same extended family holding a party a few years later and me getting a lift to and from there by my nanna, who went 40 under the limit on the 80kph road to get to there, because I was drunk and my immediate family wouldn't go because they wanted nothing to do with certain people. And the Boxing day BBQ the day after with the other extended family when my family got there a good hour and a half earlier than the starting time and bitched about the rest of the extended family non stop during that time.

Last edited:
Chrissy brings out all sorts. Horny chicks, creepy guys, struggling relationships. So many people out of their comfort zone for a whole range of reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People who don't plan ahead get extra shitty in the 7 days before.
Every year I begin my Christmas shopping the week after grand final. I'm finished super early, all the presents are wrapped and under the tree on 1st Dec, stress free :)

People who don't plan ahead get extra shitty in the 7 days before.
Every year I begin my Christmas shopping the week after grand final. I'm finished super early, all the presents are wrapped and under the tree on 1st Dec, stress free :)

Every year I say I'm going to be organised and every year I'm not :( and then I stress myself out and turn into this

image.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back