• No

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I'll tell you in a couple of years

Votes: 56 36.4%
  • ask me in 3 to 5 years

Votes: 40 26.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The draft, and all its permutations and computations has been discussed for ages, and tonight the Master has made his selections.:)
It seems there were a few surprises.
So, what's the general feeling now?
Has Hine, with the help of his team, outdone himself?

It is a long way too early to be giving out any sort of mark (pass or fail) for any recruiter in the draft. Far too much water to pass under the bridge yet - I know it's hard at times but you have to be mindful of the fact that these kids have not done a single thing at AFL level yet.

As an example the best player in the game now was bypassed by every other club that had a pick in the first round in '09 (some of them multiple times) - you just never know who is really going to stand up in a draft crop and sometimes virtually entire rounds in a draft can be a wash.

I think this draft was good talent wise. But more of a free hit for most teams (expect Carl/Bris/Mel).

Yes
With Treloar, Aish, Howe and some possubles

A big fat YES

It is a long way too early to be giving out any sort of mark (pass or fail) for any recruiter in the draft. Far too much water to pass under the bridge yet - I know it's hard at times but you have to be mindful of the fact that these kids have not done a single thing at AFL level yet.

As an example the best player in the game now was bypassed by every other club that had a pick in the first round in '09 (some of them multiple times) - you just never know who is really going to stand up in a draft crop and sometimes virtually entire rounds in a draft can be a wash.
I agree partypie.
We put so much pressure on them with our expectations, instead of giving them time to develop. Hopefully people look at their potential, which is presumably what Hine does.
One needs Vision rather than immediate gratification

The draft, and all its permutations and computations has been discussed for ages, and tonight the Master has made his selections.:)
It seems there were a few surprises.
So, what's the general feeling now?
Has Hine, with the help of his team, outdone himself?

How can you judge a draft before the kids have played a game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can turn one player from this draft into a long term player for us I'd be happy.

I still have some scars from the 2011 draft.
Just as well as we nailed Fasolo in 2010 because that too was poor.

He certainly does. You need to consider it as whole with the trade period. Treloar, Aish and Howe are fantastic pickups. With our draft picks we bought in some good size, pace and hardness. Sier looks to have some quick hands out of contest. Phillips and Crocker look composed kicks. There is plenty to work with.

Now the search to find a crumbing forward...

Yes
With Treloar, Aish, Howe and some possubles

A big fat YES

yep with you. got the first three, the others free hits from left field. does not matter if they
succeed to be 200 games or not, but who knows. only needs one to go on

Frankly I have absolutely no idea. I don't know anything about any of the players, and it doesn't seem that others here have much more knowledge than me. If I read 'In Hine we trust' or 'Hine special' again I think I will cyber-vomit. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating so one can only hope that they are sweet and tasty, not stringy and full of gristle.

I'll give him a pass and also a f##k you Dekka again not drafting an indigenous player, grrrr I'll do a td here :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:;);););). Goldcoast draft an indigenous player every f##kn year.

Last edited:
To be honest he's only nailed Elliot, De Goey and Grundy recently. His picks in 2008 in Beams and SS were genius, but since then their would of roughly been 70 or so turkeys. As a list Manger in trade period he earns his cash no problem. But his talent identification is poor, way to many players with kinks in their game which as he like to describe all to often as PROJECT TYPE. I'm no expert but my opinion is king to myself, and I don't rate Hine on draft day. Pies should throw the kitchen sink at Wright, bring back a favourite son who nails it most of the time. In saying this hope the * that Sier is a gun.

I'll give him a pass and also a f##k you Dekka again not drafting an indigenous player, grrrr I'll do a td here :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Goldcoast draft an indigenous player every year.

Well said popin. Whilst I wish all our selections well another draft goes by without an Indigenous player selected. We must have the lowest representation in the AFL and IMO it is not good enough.

Midfielders and medium marking forwards, because we didn't already have those comming out of our ears.

Well said popin. Whilst. I wish all our selections well another draft goes by without an Indigenous player selected. We must have the lowest representation in the AFL and IMO it is not good enough.
It's bullsh#t and getting beyond ridiculous, might have to organise a petition march with Adam goodes leading the way out front of the Holden centre
440px-Recognise_Campaign_Adam_Goodes_Presser.jpg

Back