Dogs Refuse The Move

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS.

When, in the 14 billion times you've brought this up have I even come anywhere near to suggesting that? Have I not conceded on this exact point numerous times?

The FFA made an error, that ONCE AGAIN has been acknowledged many, many, many times. Nobody is expecting the booked game to be switched for no reason whatsoever, and if you think that, you are either deliberately trying to start something or simply somehow failing to comprehend the situation.

Please, do my blood pressure a favor and don't reply to me again unless you have a new point to make.

If there is an error made (and you have to be kidding if you believe it is only an error), then you live with that error. It is that simple. Every single one of your solutions is ridiculous...Geelong (ridiculous, would be a 2-3 hour round trip on a Saturday)..Whitten (romantics aside it isn't AFL standard and it wouldn't be in time for the game), etc. There are other days the A League can play the Grand Final.

There is a solution...don't make massive errors when making your draw/schedule. You shouldn't be completely wrong in terms of your finishing date.

Forget the A-League, they are insignificant in regards to the real issue. The problem here isn't just the Dogs losing a home game, it's one club benefiting by having an additional home game over the rest of the competition. The fact that it's the league leaders who have an amazing record at home recently makes it an even bigger issue as it could influence the shape of the ladder and therefore the finals series.

The MCG is always used for cricket in summer. The AFL gave up nothing at all, it was business as usual.

The AFL season was delayed a week so that the cricket World Cup Final could be played at the MCG.

We have an October GF this year as a result.

So, as for most of your tripe in here, you are again wrong.

If there is an error made (and you have to be kidding if you believe it is only an error), then you live with that error. It is that simple. Every single one of your solutions is ridiculous...Geelong (ridiculous, would be a 2-3 hour round trip on a Saturday)..Whitten (romantics aside it isn't AFL standard and it wouldn't be in time for the game), etc. There are other days the A League can play the Grand Final.

There is a solution...don't make massive errors when making your draw/schedule. You shouldn't be completely wrong in terms of your finishing date.
So, your solution is never make a mistake ever again. Right, I'm sure they can do that, the AFL are clearly perfect and have never made a mistake in their entire history. :rolleyes:

I don't know what you are inferring, do you think the FFA deliberately booked the wrong day so they could get into this shirt fight with the AFL? Are you for real?

The ONE solution I presented wasn't totally "ridiculous", (FYI, I never suggested Whitten Oval, not once). It's an option only, and it's obviously not ideal, and won't suit everybody, but that's the heart of compromise and the Bulldogs would have been compensated for their troubles. Therea re a few other alternatives I can think of, they are that the Dogs could utilize the MCG on the Friday Night or (and this is a bit far out) even move the game to a Monday night at Etihad and try to claim a stand alone TV and venue time slot recently vacated by St Kilda after some success. I'm just thinking out loud, it's a damn sight better than just screaming "YOU SHOULD HAVE BOOK ED THE RIGHT DATE LALALALALALA" over and over again.

Of course there are other days and other venues the A-League Grand Final can be played at, that isn't the point. They wanted this venue, realized they had screwed up and attempted to contact the AFL and Etihad and work out a deal. It clearly has not been accepted, which is the perogative of the latter, so the A-League can move the GF to the MCG on Friday night or AAMI Park on Sunday. Not ideal, but that is the price they pay for their miscalculation, I'm sure they'll be better prepared for future seasons.

The AFL season was delayed a week so that the cricket World Cup Final could be played at the MCG.

Apparently the AFL are the big bad guys. Seemed to be pretty fair with the CWC..

This has happened before, has it not? The start of the AFL season is wont to change, and they were flexible enough to compromise on a match they wanted to play so a major user of the ground they use could host a large event at said ground.

How does that contradict what I have been posting here in any way? In fact, it appears to reinforce my opinion.

This has happened before, has it not? The start of the AFL season is wont to change, and they were flexible enough to compromise on a match they wanted to play so a major user of the ground they use could host a large event at said ground.

How does that contradict what I have been posting here in any way? In fact, it appears to reinforce my opinion.

You stated that the "AFL gave up nothing at all."

That is complete and utter rubbish. This you have now seemingly acknowledged above by stating that the AFL was flexible and did in fact compromise.

So, which is it?

So, your solution is never make a mistake ever again. Right, I'm sure they can do that, the AFL are clearly perfect and have never made a mistake in their entire history. :rolleyes:

I don't know what you are inferring, do you think the FFA deliberately booked the wrong day so they could get into this shirt fight with the AFL? Are you for real?

The ONE solution I presented wasn't totally "ridiculous", (FYI, I never suggested Whitten Oval, not once). It's an option only, and it's obviously not ideal, and won't suit everybody, but that's the heart of compromise and the Bulldogs would have been compensated for their troubles. Therea re a few other alternatives I can think of, they are that the Dogs could utilize the MCG on the Friday Night or (and this is a bit far out) even move the game to a Monday night at Etihad and try to claim a stand alone TV and venue time slot recently vacated by St Kilda after some success. I'm just thinking out loud, it's a damn sight better than just screaming "YOU SHOULD HAVE BOOK ED THE RIGHT DATE LALALALALALA" over and over again.

Of course there are other days and other venues the A-League Grand Final can be played at, that isn't the point. They wanted this venue, realized they had screwed up and attempted to contact the AFL and Etihad and work out a deal. It clearly has not been accepted, which is the perogative of the latter, so the A-League can move the GF to the MCG on Friday night or AAMI Park on Sunday. Not ideal, but that is the price they pay for their miscalculation, I'm sure they'll be better prepared for future seasons.

My solution is to not make glaring errors and change your mind about 3 or 4 times. Make a schedule, and stick to it. It is not that hard, in fact it is pretty simple. The afl has gone how many years playing their GF last week in September (this year is the first week in October to cater for the CWC). If the AFL can stay to schedule, soccer can.

Geelong is ridiculous and you just don't seem to get why. I dare you this Saturday, get in your car and drive from the city to Geelong and back. I bet you will be using the words "this is a nightmare". If it is an hour during the week, it is at least an hour and 15 mins on a Saturday. Move the game to Monday? How about NO. How about the A League plays Monday as I have said over and over again. If you want the ground, work out another time that is sort of suitable.

MCG or AAMI Park is more than suitable. In the end I hope the other team wins so that the final is in Sydney and everyone can forget about it.

You stated that the "AFL gave up nothing at all."

That is complete and utter rubbish. This you have now seemingly acknowledged above by stating that the AFL was flexible and did in fact compromise.

So, which is it?
The AFL did not give up anything. They changed the start date of their season by one week in order to fit in with another major event using the ground they wanted, ergo compromise.

So, in fact, it is entirely correct. The AFL has lost absolutely nothing at all by starting the season later, and in fact has shown it's willingness to compromise by doing so.

Understand?

The AFL did not give up anything. They changed the start date of their season by one week in order to fit in with another major event using the ground they wanted, ergo compromise.

So, in fact, it is entirely correct. The AFL has lost absolutely nothing at all by starting the season later, and in fact has shown it's willingness to compromise by doing so.

Understand?

Are you actually stupid or are you being deliberately obtuse? The dictionary definition of "compromise" is as follows:

An agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.

Making a concession is essentially conceding whole or part or your position, ergo, giving something up.

Actually, forget my first sentence. I have come to the conclusion that you may actually be stupid, despite the illusion of intellect.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand?
wtf?

- you first say the world cup didn't affect the AFL because it was played pre-season
- I point out they had to compromise by starting the season late and moving the GF to October
- you then tell me they didn't compromise, the AFL just had to accept the MCG taking the WCC booking
- now you are telling others that the AFL did compromise

you are all over the shop mate, clear now that you are just trolling

My solution is to not make glaring errors and change your mind about 3 or 4 times. Make a schedule, and stick to it. It is not that hard, in fact it is pretty simple. The afl has gone how many years playing their GF last week in September (this year is the first week in October to cater for the CWC). If the AFL can stay to schedule, soccer can.

Geelong is ridiculous and you just don't seem to get why. I dare you this Saturday, get in your car and drive from the city to Geelong and back. I bet you will be using the words "this is a nightmare". If it is an hour during the week, it is at least an hour and 15 mins on a Saturday. Move the game to Monday? How about NO. How about the A League plays Monday as I have said over and over again. If you want the ground, work out another time that is sort of suitable.

MCG or AAMI Park is more than suitable. In the end I hope the other team wins so that the final is in Sydney and everyone can forget about it.
They do not do that, if you have read anything at all into the situation rather than just spewing rhetoric and bile, you would know that.

Geelong is not ridiculous, it's an hours drive from Melbournes CBD at most, and slightly longer on the train. It's not like they'd be trekking Kilimanjaro, it's an inconvenience that those who have paid for a membership would receive compensation for. End of story.

If it's a no go for AFL to play Monday night, why is it OK for the A-League? Double standards, much? No code would ever play it's showpiece event on a weeknight, that's utterly ridiculous. I have been to many NRL and AFL games Monday nights, however, and it's not a terrible spectacle for a regular season game. But again, obviously less than ideal.

MCG and AAMI Park are certainly usable, but are not at all as good as Etihad would be, which is why we are arguing this. If these grounds was perfectly fine, there would be no argument, but they aren't, and there is.

As a City member, I certainly hope we trounce Victory and play at ANZ or AO and make this a moot point, but I sincerely doubt it.

As I have repeatedly acknowledged, this is the FFAs error, if the AFL isn't willing to come to an arrangement, they will simply have to lump it and use a less suitable venue for their showpiece game. It is their error, and that's the price. I hope that's the end of this, I'm getting dizzy going around in circles with you.

wtf?

- you first say the world cup didn't affect the AFL because it was played pre-season
- I point out they had to compromise by starting the season late and moving the GF to October
- you then tell me they didn't compromise, the AFL just had to accept the MCG taking the WCC booking
- now you are telling others that the AFL did compromise

you are all over the shop mate, clear now that you are just trolling
That's not how it went at all. If it was, you would have quoted the posts rather than just give a skewed summary of what I said.

Not trolling at all, debating. BEING trolled, most likely, but I so happen to like a good argument, especially if I am winning it.

Most aspects of it are predetermined - which has a flow on effect on other teams.

It's predetermined for your benefit (primarily to mimimise the effects of travel).

F***in hell mate, are you on crack. Travelling to Launceston and Skilled Stadium with two games at the G if we're lucky is to our benefit?
The only predetermined games that have flow on effects are the fixed games each year, Queens Birthday, ANZAC Day, Rivalry Round and the obsession of crap Vic teams playing each other on Friday nights.

They do not do that, if you have read anything at all into the situation rather than just spewing rhetoric and bile, you would know that.

Geelong is not ridiculous, it's an hours drive from Melbournes CBD at most, and slightly longer on the train. It's not like they'd be trekking Kilimanjaro, it's an inconvenience that those who have paid for a membership would receive compensation for. End of story.

If it's a no go for AFL to play Monday night, why is it OK for the A-League? Double standards, much? No code would ever play it's showpiece event on a weeknight, that's utterly ridiculous. I have been to many NRL and AFL games Monday nights, however, and it's not a terrible spectacle for a regular season game. But again, obviously less than ideal.

MCG and AAMI Park are certainly usable, but are not at all as good as Etihad would be, which is why we are arguing this. If these grounds was perfectly fine, there would be no argument, but they aren't, and there is.

As a City member, I certainly hope we trounce Victory and play at ANZ or AO and make this a moot point, but I sincerely doubt it.

As I have repeatedly acknowledged, this is the FFAs error, if the AFL isn't willing to come to an arrangement, they will simply have to lump it and use a less suitable venue for their showpiece game. It is their error, and that's the price. I hope that's the end of this, I'm getting dizzy going around in circles with you.

Geelong is ridiculous, would you want your family with kids travelling for upwards of 2-3 hours for a game. That is ridiculous, you know it too. The compensation is nowhere near good enough, and secretly I am betting you know that too.

The AFL has booked the venue it isn't the sport that has to move, it is the A League. Monday is available, so would a few other dates as well. Alternatively play it at the MCG or AAMI. In fact a sellout at AAMI is better than a 3/4 full stadium at Ethiad anyway.

That's not how it went at all. If it was, you would have quoted the posts rather than just give a skewed summary of what I said.

Not trolling at all, debating. BEING trolled, most likely, but I so happen to like a good argument, especially if I am winning it.

Winning it??????

1) You don't seem to know whether the AFL did or did not compromise for the CWC.
2) You don't actually know the definition of the word "compromise."

You are embarrassing yourself. Nothing more, nothing less.

F***in hell mate, are you on crack. Travelling to Launceston and Skilled Stadium with two games at the G if we're lucky is to our benefit?
Why should you have a say in where away games are played? Are you on crack?

And FWIW, some Melbourne based teams sometimes play less than two games at the G.

The only predetermined games that have flow on effects are the fixed games each year, Queens Birthday, ANZAC Day, Rivalry Round and the obsession of crap Vic teams playing each other on Friday nights.
No, not 'only'.

I'm not disagreeing that some other clubs get a benefit from the predetermined conditions in draw but you're truly delusional if you think that applies to all Vic clubs. I'm not defending these other concessions but your club is hardly immune.

Why should you have a say in where away games are played? Are you on crack?

?? You stated that the draw is predetermined to benefit Fremantle by minimising our travel, I provide you with examples of us having to travel to remote grounds like Launceston every year in addition to our regular travel then you go off on a tangent saying we shouldn't have a say in away game venues?

Which is it mate, do we get a beneficial draw to minimise travel or don't we?

FFA pay the price for incompetence. It is that simple.

We are not responsible for this, and are under no obligation to make it right. Others have no right to get upset with us for insisting that we do move. There is no benefit to us other than good will from soccer fans, and much to lose (we play our best at etihad).

FFA can tough it. End of.

They win a few games and suddenly they think they are untouchable. Pft

They were fixtured to play there, there is 20K reserved seats. Not the Bulldogs fault FFA are too incompetent to book a stadium :rolleyes:

?? You stated that the draw is predetermined to benefit Fremantle by minimising our travel, I provide you with examples of us having to travel to remote grounds like Launceston every year in addition to our regular travel then you go off on a tangent saying we shouldn't have a say in away game venues?

Which is it mate, do we get a beneficial draw to minimise travel or don't we?
You should be in school. Your comprehension skills are deplorable.

It's predetermined for your benefit (primarily to mimimise the effects of travel).

Please, take a few deep breaths and read it again. Ask an adult if you need help.

100% agree with the doggies to refuse to move their home ground
Freo wants it in WA to benefit Freo
Can you imagine how pissed off many clubs would be if thier home games were traded away?
OK not as many as should be outraged
Wonder if Freo will agree to trade their home games to the Eastern States

Remove this Banner Ad

Back