Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...little-deliberately-drove-off-wharf-with-sons

We really must do something to fund services to stop this from happening.
What drives someone to cause the death of their children and themselves, how is it no-one sees the desperation they must be experiencing?
This is really tragic and heart breaking.
I must say I am a bit surprised BORK hasn't raised this in this thread, I guess he only rears his head when the mother is the killer.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...little-deliberately-drove-off-wharf-with-sons

We really must do something to fund services to stop this from happening.
What drives someone to cause the death of their children and themselves, how is it no-one sees the desperation they must be experiencing?
This is really tragic and heart breaking.

I heard fin a DV organisation that 60% of police resources go into DV issues.

Perhaps we need to reallocate to preventative issues rather than response.

The only real solution is separation, so placing both the victim and perpetrator into community service and skills training. One separates the two time wise and the other provides relationship skills.

If the issue doesn't resolve itself, week after week of 100 hours community service will become enough reason to separate.

The only real solution is separation, so placing both the victim and perpetrator into community service and skills training. One separates the two time wise and the other provides relationship skills.

If the issue doesn't resolve itself, week after week of 100 hours community service will become enough reason to separate.
You are getting way ahead. Firstly you need to identify those with the problem and see if it can be resolved.
Examples:
It is the resources that have been either cut or defunded in the past years.
It is the lack of appropriate facilities that cater for people with mental issues.
It is the release of people with mental illness that are back into the community too soon.
It is the lack of support when they are released back into the community.

You are getting way ahead. Firstly you need to identify those with the problem and see if it can be resolved.
Examples:
It is the resources that have been either cut or defunded in the past years.
It is the lack of appropriate facilities that cater for people with mental issues.
It is the release of people with mental illness that are back into the community too soon.
It is the lack of support when they are released back into the community.

My sister works for the DSC in WA and I pull my hair out listening to how some households work/ don't work.

It is truly heart breaking.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Don't know what state you live in but here in Victoria, (although this government is better in this area) almost every year funding has decreased in the area of mental health and at the beginning of the current federal government they also cut funding.

As long as governments keep cutting, we will never get close to understanding.
I'm a vic. Shits me. Mental health was my area of study. So I pay attention to those issues and always end up mad

There seems to be nothing that suggested this man needed help.

Again, god.... This is not the answer.
Taking your own life is one horrific thing. This... I'm just lost for words... Again

**** these campaigners who murder their kids when they want to end their own lives.
Friend of mine expressed the same thing, if things are so bad, take your own life but why the poor kids?
I really don't understand it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
Friend of mine expressed the same thing, if things are so bad, take your own life but why the poor kids?
I really don't understand it.

often in cases like these they project their own problems onto their immediate family. its demented as *, but in their ****ed up head, they think they're helping their family. They think their family members are going through the same thing they are, to them if they just kill themselves, it leaves their family in the same ****ed up situation they are. by killing themselves and there family they think they are "freeing" them, of what feel is a s**t world and s**t life. Additionally some think they'll all be reunited in an afterlife all happy and hanging out together playing beach cricket and s**t. there are some who just don't want to die alone alone, but usually they try to coax somebody into willingly committing suicide with them.

often in cases like these they project their own problems onto their immediate family. its demented as ****, but in their stuffed up head, they think they're helping their family. They think their family members are going through the same thing they are, to them if they just kill themselves, it leaves their family in the same stuffed up situation they are. by killing themselves and there family they think they are "freeing" them, of what feel is a s**t world and s**t life. Additionally some think they'll all be reunited in an afterlife all happy and hanging out together playing beach cricket and s**t. there are some who just don't want to die alone alone, but usually they try to coax somebody into willingly committing suicide with them.
All very sad and not sure what the answer is.
How can we (professionals/family) intervene before it gets to this stage, more study, funding for support services?

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
It all starts and ends with parental behaviour and the education of our children in the home.
I'm a father and stepfather.
Raise a hand to a child and they will raise a hand in their lives.
Teach them well.
Unfortunately we can't control what goes on in every household and create laws to govern parenting.
It's a myopic duty to raise your children with the knowledge that we are all equal.
A utopian society is far from ever being realised where non violence and or family stability across all economic social structures is the norm.
Mental health and alcohol/drug dependence,employment,financial wellbeing and strength of character is so far out of reach for many in society,regardless of class.
It's a classless war.
A war I hope that one day we will win.

It all starts and ends with parental behaviour and the education of our children in the home.
I'm a father and stepfather.
Raise a hand to a child and they will raise a hand in their lives.
Teach them well.
Unfortunately we can't control what goes on in every household and create laws to govern parenting.
It's a myopic duty to raise your children with the knowledge that we are all equal.
A utopian society is far from ever being realised where non violence and or family stability across all economic social structures is the norm.
Mental health and alcohol/drug dependence,employment,financial wellbeing and strength of character is so far out of reach for many in society,regardless of class.
It's a classless war.
A war I hope that one day we will win.

I think we can make things better but never win

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
I think we can make things better but never win
Yes,we are by nature,violent.
Watch some of 'The Dukes' films and you realise that we have indeed come a long way.
Hollywood has come a long way.
The Western World has come a long way.
Culturally perhaps.
But there are many cultures.
It's marathon,but someone has to win.

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood

coerced

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What?! That is stuffed up beyond belief.

Edit: Just read the above. Didn't think I'd ever say/write this sentence, but I hope he shot his kids.
Yeah, you read what Kynge of Begrem wrote, feel horrified, look it up, find the truth is 'better' but not really. I have a boy not much younger than his 9 month old and just can't fathom it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back