Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

UPDATED 06/08/2013

w7ox.jpg

cover-small.jpg

Source:http://www.planetcricket.net/articles/2013/08/4774-don-bradman-cricket-14-is-big-ants-big-honour/
“The Bradman name comes with incredible responsibility” are the succinct words of Big Ant Studios CEO Ross Symons in today announcing that their cricket game will bear the name of the greatest ever cricket player, under license from the Bradman Foundation in Bowral.
Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) will join Big Ant Studios as publisher for Don Bradman Cricket 14 with a release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PCs later this year. HES Managing Director Sebastian Giompaolo describes the use of Bradman’s name as an honour,
It is indeed an honour to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time.​
Big Ant Studios have been working hard on this title for four years and we at HES are really excited with what they have been able to achieve. It is far superior to any cricket game in the market.​
The development team at Big Ant Studios also recognise the weight the name will carry for them, with CEO Ross Symons commenting ‐
The entire Big Ant Studios team understand that with the Bradman name comes incredible responsibility, we are all sincerely dedicated to bringing Cricket fans from all nations the Cricket gaming experience of their lives. We consider it the greatest of honours to develop the game that bears the name of the best player of all time, Bradman.​
Historical kit items, a sepia tone filter and Don Bradman’s likeness in the game will allow players to recreate his record-breaking career, while the game’s career mode will let them chart their own path through the ranks to International glory.

ORIGINAL POST
Also Ross, us lot over at Planetcricket would love this same type of topic for the cricket game. So far we've had nothing at all, and it's suppose to release in summer!

We just announced on the website today support in Cricket for Playstation Move and 3D. (These will not be supported in the AFL game BTW)

Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 6 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

We just announced on the website today support in Cricket for Playstation Move and 3D. (These will not be supported in the AFL game BTW)
SHHHHHHHWING!

I don't want to drag this off topic too far, but man that could be friggen wicked. Any chance we could get info on how that will work? Like 1st person view batting/bowling, etc.?
So will the AFL game have a "franchise" mode? If so how many years will the franchise be? Will there be a draft with random created players? Similar to NBA 2k etc? Trades etc? Hire coaches etc?
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

SHHHHHHHWING!

I don't want to drag this off topic too far, but man that could be friggen wicked. Any chance we could get info on how that will work? Like 1st person view batting/bowling, etc.?Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Can't say but you are on the right track.... the Move is surprisingly accurate.

All I need.:) Definitely amped up the anticipation for it now though, never expected Move to be coming to the Cricket game.

Chances are it'll be dodgy like all motion games.
The Move ain't the Wii. There's reason why the Move can be so much more accurate than the Wii-mote.

All I need.:) Definitely amped up the anticipation for it now though, never expected Move to be coming to the Cricket game.
Tbh, I really hope it isn't waggle cricket like the wii game. If it was 1:1 like a Tiger Woods then it'd be the greatest game I've ever played, but that would be so hard to incorporate into a cricket game as it's 360.

Is the cricket game for Xbox 360 Kinect too??

We are trying very hard - it is not a technical issue but one of convincing MS that Cricket is worthy of focus - they are very US centric.

Tbh, I really hope it isn't waggle cricket like the wii game. If it was 1:1 like a Tiger Woods then it'd be the greatest game I've ever played, but that would be so hard to incorporate into a cricket game as it's 360.

There is no comparison between the Wii and Move - the mentioned Tiger Woods is a lot of fun and impressive...

The Move ain't the Wii. There's reason why the Move can be so much more accurate than the Wii-mote.

Indeed.

The camera, amongst other things... the CEO of Rockstar recently referred to it as Wii HD.

We are trying very hard - it is not a technical issue but one of convincing MS that Cricket is worthy of focus - they are very US centric.
Since you stated the Kinect restriction with it being that MS are pushing for development to be solely Kinect based and not controller based if you use Kinect would that mean that should Kinect be compatible it would be solely Kinect and no controller, at all? Or were those restrictions eased?

Am I right in assuming the PS3 version is still DS3 compatible?

Damn, too many questions being asked here, probably not what you wanted either.:eek::eek::eek:
Indeed.

The camera, amongst other things... the CEO of Rockstar recently referred to it as Wii HD.
Yeah, I can and do see the comparison, the good thing is you don't need a whole new console just for that specific feature only $100-$150 worth of product basically that isn't being forced down your throat at the consoles peril. And the game compatibility list in about 6 months will look pretty rosey.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how does the move work better than the wiimote? because of the big ass balls provide another way to track.

Do they have a motion sensor in the bottom of the controller as well as the big ball at the top? (you'd asusme they'd put motion sensing stuff in teh bottom so you they can tell orientation of remote better.

how does the move work better than the wiimote? because of the big ass balls provide another way to track.

Do they have a motion sensor in the bottom of the controller as well as the big ball at the top? (you'd asusme they'd put motion sensing stuff in teh bottom so you they can tell orientation of remote better.
It is actually because of the 'big ass balls'.

The ball is tracked via the PS Eye to give 1:1 motion control, along with the usual SIXAXIS motion stuff inside the actual controller.

It may look a bit dopey, but it's what gives better tracking over the Wiimote.

I think all this cricket talk needs a different thread....

Interesting how it's gonna support 3D and Playstation Move. Hopefully it'll be half-decent unlike cricket games of the past.

Will All teams and players be officialy licenced?

Also would be great I'd we could play as aus domestic teams. Big bash, ford ranger and shield would be amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back