Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got my first 4 day ton, should lift my average of 9 up a smidge.

tb15xbJ.jpg

How far are you in career ?

My career average didn't start rising up until after a few centuries, even then it didn't move up much because of the amount of 0's and other low scores i had made. However my "yearly" average rose up much more, and the following season was even better.... well until the difficulty went up and i started to struggle again.

How do you:

- Bowl a bouncer? I do it every now and then by mistake
- Play a sweep?
- Play a late cut?

Are you on console or PC? For console:

Bouncer/short balls have their own button - O on PS or B on Xbox. If you want one that goes above the shoulders wait til it reaches 'short pitch' on the bottom meter.

'Unorthodox shot' button (L1 or LB) and left/right.

Back foot + diagonal direction either back left/right - I often stuff this up and get out so I might be doing it wrong.

Are you on console or PC? For console:

Bouncer/short balls have their own button - O on PS or B on Xbox. If you want one that goes above the shoulders wait til it reaches 'short pitch' on the bottom meter.

'Unorthodox shot' button (L1 or LB) and left/right.

Back foot + diagonal direction either back left/right - I often stuff this up and get out so I might be doing it wrong.
Ta.

I'm on the PS3.

So instead of releasing the ball by moving the control stick up, I hit one of the buttons?

I've tried the "Unorthodox shot" but it just keeps doing a Reverse Sweep.

Ta.

I'm on the PS3.

So instead of releasing the ball by moving the control stick up, I hit one of the buttons?

I've tried the "Unorthodox shot" but it just keeps doing a Reverse Sweep.

The simplest way I can describe bowling a bouncer (assuming you have the on-screen guidance up) - hold up on the left stick and tap circle to begin the run-up. Top release is the same as normal and the more you let the bottom meter go down into the 'short pitch' range, the higher a bouncer you'll get (you can bowl them way too high and they'll go for byes or be called wide, so be careful). You still move the control stick up, but the buttons correspond to where you're pitching it. Triangle is full, X is good and O is short.

Just move the stick the opposite direction, if you've got the reverse sweep going it shouldn't be too hard to sweep normally. If you're a righty you want L1 + right stick going left.

Fired this up for the first time in a little bit and continued my all rounder career on Veteran (I think). Had a nice little run that included a rare FC century to help avoid defeat, then followed that up with a nice 4 - fer in a OD victory. I then managed to follow that with a strange dismissal or two....Some things never change I guess.

I have the PC version I brought on Steam great game by the way, My Antivirus (Norton) software every two-three weeks decides to delete the exe. File reckons its corrupted as carrying a trojan horse virus I understand that the PC version has been pirated and this is the reason the AV is picking it up as being corrupted, but this is the only game I have ever owned that this keeps happening too. (Yes I have followed the steps to make it exempt) but every two weeks or so it gets flagged and deleted again, It is getting Frustrating to have to continually follow the steps how to download via steam the missing file.

Why does this happen only too DBC14? out of all the other games I legally own and have played for 20 plus years (I am sure most of them have been pirated too)
Honestly, get rid of Norton. It causes far more trouble than it's worth. Get the free Microsoft one it's by far the best because they obviously don't want viruses in their own software.

I think a lot of corporate users have Norton - my licence is for (I think) 3 machines, but it's never seen anything at home. Constantly causes issues with the work machines.

Norton software takes all your computers resources when it runs and seems to flag legitimate software as items "to be removed" .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norton fixed their resource hungry ways years ago. After originally swearing them off during their crap years, I went back to them about 4 years ago (admittedly, mainly because i got it for free through work), and haven't had an issue. Every now and then there's a false positive but I'd rather that than a missed positive.

Norton fixed their resource hungry ways years ago. After originally swearing them off during their crap years, I went back to them about 4 years ago (admittedly, mainly because i got it for free through work), and haven't had an issue. Every now and then there's a false positive but I'd rather that than a missed positive.
Yeah credit where it's due they have turned the corner. PCMag rates it: http://au.pcmag.com/software/feature/9287/the-best-2013-security-suites. They rate it equal first for performance. Their system hogging issues are way behind them but they'll never live it down.

Does anyone know what the update that is being put through overnight is addressing?
Some minor bug fixes (one to do with online). Nothing big.

I've just taken 6 for 12 off 6.5 overs in my first season as a 16 year old. Just took my 7th wicket. Easily my best figures....

until the game ******* froze. I AM LIVID. This is the 3rd time it has frozen when I've taken career best figures at that stage of my career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back