Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Understood it might seem poor - there are 20+ other titles facing the same issue - it's a MICROSOFT issue that appeared after they updated firmware in March.

Oh, and only effects Phat 360's - not many around that haven't already RROD'd - if you have one of those machines I would invite you to apply pressure to Microsoft to get them to make a general firmware fix.

Sooo what Xbox's are the Phat ones?

The original from 2006 - 2010/11

170px-Xbox-360-Pro-wController.jpg

Understood it might seem poor - there are 20+ other titles facing the same issue - it's a MICROSOFT issue that appeared after they updated firmware in March.

Oh, and only effects Phat 360's - not many around that haven't already RROD'd - if you have one of those machines I would invite you to apply pressure to Microsoft to get them to make a general firmware fix.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll know which direction to vent next time :p

New player here, as well.

I probably jumped into a career much sooner than I should have...but what are you going to do??

I guess I'm passed half way in year 1, as I have played and won the domestic T20 comp and still banging on in 50/50 and 4 days. Playing as a number 4 and Fast/Med all rounder, I'm currently doing way more bowling than batting. With scores in all comps looking similar 9, 0, 8, 15, 11, 0 , 0 , 0 etc my batting isn't the best. In reading a few posts here, I've done a few more nets on higher settings, with a lower skill set and can hold my own and pretending that the AI wouldn't catch my slight nicks.

My two big problems with batting are getting caught and getting bowled. I figure I'm getting caught playing shots too early, but I'm not entirely sure. Probably too late for any additions to the software, but I'd love some feedback in the early game on shots/selection/timing to show...i.e. late timing, edgy or early timing/upish for when I'm caught. But after playing many sports sims over the years, I'm aware that practice makes perfect.

In getting bowled, I'm a little more puzzled...as when I use the 360 controller on PC; I play (what I think) is a front foot off drive by pushing the joysticks (is that what you call them on a 360 pad??) both to the 2 o'clock position expecting my front foot and bat to go to the right. What mostly happens, is that the bat goes through the off drive motion, but my front foot goes to the on side; pretty much like clearing your leg for a heave shot. So any advice here would be great.

With batting in the nets, one of my better achievement so far is hitting straight drives along the ground.....occasionally. Front foot to 2 o'clock and shot to 11 o'clock works well, when I get the timing right. But here, I would expect the same to happen as above, where I get bowled.

Probably not in the spirit of the game, but more in wanting to get to batting quicker, I do simulate to career player a fair bit. Not that I mind fielding, but I do usually find I'm in slip or fine leg and usually get an opportunity to chase down a ball one in 50 to 100 balls. Most of the time I run to the shot from 1st slip for a bit of a gallop. My only quip to the developers with this is that you have to go through a few button pushes to access it through the menus to get to simulate.....I guess to discourage. But really, this game is all about me :) On PC/360 controller, there's totally a lonely left button on the D-Pad that could be used - if there was a way to configure your own controls - to push this to cycle to the next break in play when the *ahem* star is required.

All in all, I'm enjoying the game. No offers to play me online yet, as I'm tripe. But this is a solid cricket game and a good first 'off the bat' effort.

Really? Like what other games have the same issue where you can't just press start at the main screen to play your game but have to wait for it to go into demo mode.

Really? Like what other games have the same issue where you can't just press start at the main screen to play your game but have to wait for it to go into demo mode.

They don't, most of the other games that have the issue just crash whereas we have come up with a workaround (which is waiting for attract mode).

I am told that Microsoft will have a fix in the next firmware update. Yeah, so "Really"....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don't, most of the other games that have the issue just crash whereas we have come up with a workaround (which is waiting for attract mode).

I am told that Microsoft will have a fix in the next firmware update. Yeah, so "Really"....

Is there any suggested timeframe that they might fix it?

Is there any suggested timeframe that they might fix it?

No ETA right now, their focus is squarely on the Xbox One - we might put a patch through that forces the attract mode for older boxes.

New update out for PC, our most substantial update since release, version 1.12.

Patch notes as follows:
FIXES
- Various crash bug fixes.
- Fix for C&B being shown in Wicket HUD when not caught by bowler.
- Fix for an instance of "Umpire's Call" giving wrong decision.
- Fix for fielders sometimes walking to the ball.

TUNING
- Tuning of physics relating to trajectory off bat with good timing.
- Tuning desire to run of striking batsman if player is non-striker in Career.
- Tuning of bowler speed differential.
- Tuning of edge chance on defensive shots.
- Tuning of ground friction in field.

ADDITIONS
- Career difficulty will only go up for appearances at International Level.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Batsman to D-Pad DOWN.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Wicket Keeper to D-Pad UP.
- Added credits for Planet Cricket & Somesh Bahuguna.

Patch notes as follows:
ADDITIONS

Played it for the first time in ages today, didn't play career so i couldn't really see this. I might have to start a new career to see this in action - my difficulty raised itself twice because of my awesomeness :D (re: from memory as i mentioned in the thread the difficulty went up twice in 3 seasons - in the second and third year... the last difficulty jump got too annoying for me + real life stuff happened and i just stopped playing).

I fell to just outside 300 in terms of overall XP obtained on the leaderboard.... i played a few quick matches and am now back between 150-200. Still a far cry from being in the top 30 in the weeks of the game being released.

**EDIT** Started a new career yesterday, have a 58-ish average in domestic 4 day comp and a 60-ish average in the 50 overs matches. Started off really bad with 29 then a score in the 40's. But managed to find rhythm and was able to start smacking the ball around a bit more almost to the same degree as when i started belting 100-200 runs per innings in my previous career. However the centuries are still pretty hard to come by (i guess they'll be a bit easier once i build up the stats), have gotten out a few times in the 20's, 40's, once in the 50's, 70's, 90's. I was caught out just after scoring my first domestic shield ton.

The 50 overs matches are similar to the T20 and 50 overs matches from my previous career - in fact i always found this bizarre (in my last career). I play the domestic shield matches like T20/50 over matches, in that if i can get away with it i'll slog my way to a score, instead of "building" an innings by blocking 90% of the balls.

Whereas in 50 overs and specifically T20 i get out in the first over quite often..... even when i try to touch the ball around for singles or 2's. I have only had a few 50 overs matches so far in the new career, i struggled the first time, but whacked 50+ in the next few matches (79 and 69). The most recent match was EASIER to bat in for some reason - i came in when the team was 3 down...... had 103 runs to score and 5 overs left to bat (re: no chance..... if it were a domestic shield game i might have been able to score 20-30 runs an over though). That being said i was on 69 in the final over when i attempted to smack the ball for another 6 and got caught out.

Last edited:

Patch notes as follows:
FIXES
- Various crash bug fixes.
- Fix for C&B being shown in Wicket HUD when not caught by bowler.
- Fix for an instance of "Umpire's Call" giving wrong decision.
- Fix for fielders sometimes walking to the ball.

TUNING
- Tuning of physics relating to trajectory off bat with good timing.
- Tuning desire to run of striking batsman if player is non-striker in Career.
- Tuning of bowler speed differential.
- Tuning of edge chance on defensive shots.
- Tuning of ground friction in field.

ADDITIONS
- Added Toggle for Transparent Batsman to D-Pad DOWN.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Wicket Keeper to D-Pad UP.
- Added credits for Planet Cricket & Somesh Bahuguna.

Patches for PC version automatically downloaded through Steam or?

yeah should be

gotta say, theres satisfaction in seeing stumps go flying

Yep, you just need to check the version number to know if you're up to date.

We're at 1.13 now (version number can be checked in the credits).

while you're here..

how far away are we from getting expanded modding abilities?

yeah should be

gotta say, theres satisfaction in seeing stumps go flying

Must be up to date then because yesterday I had the stumps go flying which I hadn't seen before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back