Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

while you're here..

how far away are we from getting expanded modding abilities?
We're still focused on gameplay improvements in the short term before looking to expand on the modding capabilities (as gameplay improvements spread across all platforms while modding is unfortunately only the one). But we do want to expand things soon.

We're still focused on gameplay improvements in the short term before looking to expand on the modding capabilities (as gameplay improvements spread across all platforms while modding is unfortunately only the one). But we do want to expand things soon.
no worries. no rush :)

There's a Microsoft Firmware update today that might fix the Save issue some people were having on older 360's - Please give it a go if you are one of those affected and report back - would really appreciate it.

Played 2 games of a 5 game T20 series against Sri Lanka then got sent back to Derbyshire and am on a roll.

Last 2 County Cup games 55 & 51, then 159 & 158 while picking up 2/11.

Still really unsure how to bowl spin well, I'm pretty much random with it, it's annoying that there isn't a place to practice bowling in career and get stats like batting in the nets.

^ I'll do a screenshot at some point but i seem to have turned the corner in T20 matches, my "average" is 135. Highest score is 164, commonly get 120-140.

Amusing thing is there were 3 matches in the Big Bash that i would have made the difference (the team i was in won one anyway, but lost two other games i didn't get to bat in INCLUDING THE FINAL).

On the return to 4 day and 50 overs matches straight after the big bash, either the patch hasn't installed correctly on my machine or something else is amiss (maybe my timing is wrong... but 2 days ago i was bang on - hence why i was belting 100+ per innings in the big bash). The difficulty seems to have amped up - despite not being called up to internationals (yet i'm getting attention for the ENG league). I'm airing shots for easy catches that i would normally slog for 4 or 6 every time (straight drives are my bread and butter). However i seem to still be able to hit the occasional square cut and hook + pull shots to the boundary. In my last major play through i gradually learned how to play medium pacers and spin bowlers effectively, i'm currently struggling against them big time lol.

Oh also since the patch i am seeing the funny moments more often that i only had seen on youtube previously. One such moment is smacking the ball, it rebounding off the closest fielder, then gets caught by the bowler or ANOTHER nearby fielder. But because of the speed of the game it looks more like i'm watching it happen in fast forward (like the speed of someone taking a speccie in AFL), if it slowed down it would look and be even more awesome.

^ I'll do a screenshot at some point but i seem to have turned the corner in T20 matches, my "average" is 135. Highest score is 164, commonly get 120-140.

Amusing thing is there were 3 matches in the Big Bash that i would have made the difference (the team i was in won one anyway, but lost two other games i didn't get to bat in INCLUDING THE FINAL).

On the return to 4 day and 50 overs matches straight after the big bash, either the patch hasn't installed correctly on my machine or something else is amiss (maybe my timing is wrong... but 2 days ago i was bang on - hence why i was belting 100+ per innings in the big bash). The difficulty seems to have amped up - despite not being called up to internationals (yet i'm getting attention for the ENG league). I'm airing shots for easy catches that i would normally slog for 4 or 6 every time (straight drives are my bread and butter). However i seem to still be able to hit the occasional square cut and hook + pull shots to the boundary. In my last major play through i gradually learned how to play medium pacers and spin bowlers effectively, i'm currently struggling against them big time lol.

Oh also since the patch i am seeing the funny moments more often that i only had seen on youtube previously. One such moment is smacking the ball, it rebounding off the closest fielder, then gets caught by the bowler or ANOTHER nearby fielder. But because of the speed of the game it looks more like i'm watching it happen in fast forward (like the speed of someone taking a speccie in AFL), if it slowed down it would look and be even more awesome.

What difficulty mate and do you pre-empt your shots?

What difficulty mate and do you pre-empt your shots?

Playing on pro, and i guess that would be why i'm having some difficulty (already have a set idea as to where i want to hit it).

It's just when i first got the game on release it took a while to get into the groove, found my groove after a few weeks and i noticed the jump in difficulty twice (got the hang of it after the first difficulty jump during career, i was managing to time it right and belt 6 - 6's in an over quite regularly, and i posted screenshots showing my centuries and double centuries). The second jump in difficulty was too much, i was barely managing to scrape singles together and due to other circumstances i stopped playing.

I started playing again (as in i started a new career save) last week mainly due to wanting to give it another go and with the patch notes i was curious about there not being a jump in difficulty (at least until you reach the international call up section). As i mentioned a few days ago i started off slow, my domestic shield and 50 over average hovered around the 60's mark (almost got 100 a few times.... but not quite).

When i got to the big bash section i figured i was in for some trouble as in my previous career, no matter how good i got at the game i found T20's almost impossible to play (highest score was in the 30's.... i routinely made ducks and barely made 20 most of the time... my average was in the 10's lol across 3 seasons). However i navigated the first match easily and it clicked from then on - hence why my average became 135-ish throughout the tournament.

The final game of the tournament was when i first noticed things were not working as they were previously, which made me think maybe the update didn't work and the game had increased in difficulty due to my average being sky high. It probably is my "timing" being a little out of whack (whenever i go for aggresive shots i rarely use the left trigger, i mainly hit RB to charge out of the crease.... i have more success doing it that way), as i can still safely play onside/offside ground strokes that reach the boundary no worries.

anyone ever keen for an online game?

keen to play someone in aus.. reduce the lag.
Online Multiplayer isn't really worth a go, even against Aussies it's still laggy, glitchy and weird. This is my experience at release, they could have patched something.

Last edited:
There's a Microsoft Firmware update today that might fix the Save issue some people were having on older 360's - Please give it a go if you are one of those affected and report back - would really appreciate it.
got the update. Took forever to download (maybe it's the connection, the model, or the update size). Haven't tried it out yet though.

My average in the 60's in the domestic shield went from mid 60's to 45, so many innings scores of 13 - 30. I recently boosted it to 49 after a second innings score of 139 (after getting caught out on 12 in the first innings).

My 50 overs average started to drop as well but i managed to lessen it a bit, it's currently hovering at around 62. I had 3x 50 overs matches in a row where i made it to 62...... and got out on the next ball, made me annoyed and start thinking that the difficulty boosts itself when you reach a certain score (ie: your average) much like when you play like an empty head once you reach the pre-set averages in Brian Lara Cricket 95 :D. I know it's not the case here, but grrr i was so annoyed.

My most recent 50 over score was in the 80's. Heading towards the end of year 1 for my second career player.

Don't know how easy or difficult this would be to implement, but a good idea for future implementations (if there will be)
A scenario/missions mode

Allow users to re-live classic scenarios (Edgbaston 2005, SCG 08, 99 World Cup Semi) or create their own (and possibly upload using the Academy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how easy or difficult this would be to implement, but a good idea for future implementations (if there will be)
A scenario/missions mode

Allow users to re-live classic scenarios (Edgbaston 2005, SCG 08, 99 World Cup Semi) or create their own (and possibly upload using the Academy)
Your avatar gets me excited. Where did you find that?

Okay so I have the update. It has frozen again after the game. Still stuck on the "Career- Loading file" page and "Feels Like Real" is in the top right. Doesn't seem like the update fixed anything :(

Bummer. We have a patch that will start in Attract mode to overcome the issue but were waiting to see if MS had fixed it.

Finished my first season with my second career player - wound up winning both the 50 overs tournament and Domestic Shield (could only manage winning the big bash tournament 3 times in a row in my last player's career despite being crap in the format... would bomb out in the other events despite being the highest scorer in most innings). Was second in the 50 overs table - a few games behind first place, but third/fourth etc were a few games behind me so i was safely in the final. The shield was a bit different i was a game behind 1st, but third place was equal with me.... so i had to keep winning and hope they lost to ensure i didn't get over taken.

In the domestic shield final itself i scored 189 in the first innings and only 9 in the second..... it was enough to still win by over 100 runs. I'd like to get to a score of 300+ individually, but i don't think i have the patience i did a few months ago haha. I have also learned to be a bit more patience and build my innings (ie: not go for boundary balls when i first come in), i still like to try and get a century within 30 balls, but i basically use the first 5-10 deliveries for ground strokes, if i manage to beat a fielder and hit a boundary then that's awesome. But i'm happy to build my confidence meter by hitting it enough to get 2's or 3's.

I swear even in my first season it's me or bust- Opening and currently my team mates are all averaging pretty much nothing. In tests I've got two teammates who are averaging 40+ than I'm on 30 than the rest are below, pretty painful. One Day is much worse than that- not too mention the bowling god damn.

We were 550 in front (Got my first century and followed it up with a 50) we declared with a day and a half to go... They managed to go 4/460 before running out of time, we somehow almost through the game it was painful. Do you ever get to change teams? or am I stuck with these bunch of no hopers?

Don Bradman Cricket 14 will have an update today for Xbox360 and Playstation3

Bug Fixes
- Fix for C&B being shown in Wicket HUD when not caught by bowler.
- Fix for an instance of "Umpire's Call" giving wrong decision.
- Fix for fielders sometimes walking to the ball when fielding.
- Fix for Appeals Causing a non-responsive state
TUNING
- Tuning of physics relating to trajectory off bat with good timing.
- Tuning desire to run of striking batsman if player is non-striker in Career.
- Tuning of bowler speed differential.
- Tuning of edge chance on defensive shots.
- Tuning of ground friction in field.
- Tuning of physics with relation to edges.
- Ball carries to slips fielders more often.
- Tuning of Stump Physics.
ADDITIONS
- Career difficulty will only go up for appearances at International Level.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Batsman to D-Pad DOWN.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Wicket Keeper to D-Pad UP.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 will have an update today for Xbox360 and Playstation3

Bug Fixes
- Fix for C&B being shown in Wicket HUD when not caught by bowler.
- Fix for an instance of "Umpire's Call" giving wrong decision.
- Fix for fielders sometimes walking to the ball when fielding.
- Fix for Appeals Causing a non-responsive state
TUNING
- Tuning of physics relating to trajectory off bat with good timing.
- Tuning desire to run of striking batsman if player is non-striker in Career.
- Tuning of bowler speed differential.
- Tuning of edge chance on defensive shots.
- Tuning of ground friction in field.
- Tuning of physics with relation to edges.
- Ball carries to slips fielders more often.
- Tuning of Stump Physics.
ADDITIONS
- Career difficulty will only go up for appearances at International Level.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Batsman to D-Pad DOWN.
- Added Toggle for Transparent Wicket Keeper to D-Pad UP.

Any update on the start up and waiting for the demo to run for it to not freeze? Seems to be a little time consuming and annoying still.

Have you tried the patch? It should go straight into attract mode - MS couldn't issue a fix so it was the best workaround we could come up with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back