Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, love the game. The best cricket game that I've played; well done.

Just a few questions/concerns:

1) Downloading/updating teams and players. Do these take affect in a career mode that you had already commenced? I have downloaded new appearances for most players but they don't change in my career mode
2) Batting. Why is it so damn hard? I've made 3 centuries, but I average 17. I know the basics (I think), but what am I doing wrong? If I try to slog it, I'll hit 20% of them for six and 80% of the time I'm caught out. Is there a trick to timing the ball, or which direction (back/forward or to the side at all) to move your feet?
3) I would love for there to be a calendar for career mode. Or at the very least a date to show when each match is played.
4) In career mode, test series are all played at the same ground (e.g. 3 tests against India all at the MCG). Also, County grounds will actually look like the SCG sometimes
5) Do the various stadiums and/or conditions actually affect where/how I should be bowling?

Cheers

Firstly, love the game. The best cricket game that I've played; well done.

Just a few questions/concerns:

1) Downloading/updating teams and players. Do these take affect in a career mode that you had already commenced? I have downloaded new appearances for most players but they don't change in my career mode
2) Batting. Why is it so damn hard? I've made 3 centuries, but I average 17. I know the basics (I think), but what am I doing wrong? If I try to slog it, I'll hit 20% of them for six and 80% of the time I'm caught out. Is there a trick to timing the ball, or which direction (back/forward or to the side at all) to move your feet?
3) I would love for there to be a calendar for career mode. Or at the very least a date to show when each match is played.
4) In career mode, test series are all played at the same ground (e.g. 3 tests against India all at the MCG). Also, County grounds will actually look like the SCG sometimes
5) Do the various stadiums and/or conditions actually affect where/how I should be bowling?

Cheers
1. Updated teams won't take effect in an already underway career, the choice was made early on that it was too risky to allow changes to teams, lists and lineups after the career had started. If you want updated visuals and rosters, you'll need to start a new career.

2. What difficulty are you playing on? The aim is really to make sure you don't try to slog a lot until you have a lot of confidence (right on the d-pad to check). Footwork will play a fair part in things the higher your difficulty.

3. There's definitely room for expansion on the career mode in the future, we'd like to implement various things that you regularly see in career modes for other games for sure.

4. That one comes down to the created teams choice of home grounds. The name won't always correlate to the actual ground either, as that can be edited by the user.

5. Yes. Weather, temperature and pitch conditions will all play a part in how you should bowl and also how quickly the ball deteriorates as well as various other factors.

Not ignoring it, just answered it so many times on FB, PC etc that I thought someone else might chime in :)

It will be in a larger patch, colloquially known as "patch#3" - there isn't a date set for it yet, it will be a free update.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incidentally, I've noticed that when you're captain, any changes that you make are undone if you "simulate to career player".

For example a teammate was 2 balls in to their over when I selected my own player to be the next bowler. I then clicked "simulate to career player", but it just skipped right past, 10 or so over until the CPU chose me to bowl.

Same issue with field placings.

So as it stands I'm not really captaining the side unless I sit through every CPU over.

Is there a database or something online where you can view a summary of your stats, like with some EA games?
There's not, but we do keep all stats accrued for each player in the 'earned' stats section of the Academy.
Incidentally, I've noticed that when you're captain, any changes that you make are undone if you "simulate to career player".

For example a teammate was 2 balls in to their over when I selected my own player to be the next bowler. I then clicked "simulate to career player", but it just skipped right past, 10 or so over until the CPU chose me to bowl.

Same issue with field placings.

So as it stands I'm not really captaining the side unless I sit through every CPU over.
This came down to a design decision in the end. Basically, if you are captain and choose to simulate, should every decision that has to be made mean that the simulation gets stopped? Probably not, right? In the end we figured, if you're simulating you want to get to where you're in the action.

Unfortunately, it did mean that situations like the above ended up getting looked over, as we had to make it that decisions didn't carry through a simulation otherwise we'd be stopping for every moment you needed to make a choice (do you stop after you bowl an over to select another, then again after that over, etc.).

HBK619

Makes sense.

Would you consider creating an option so that (as captain) you can change the batting line up at the beginning of the game?

Even better, to select the side?
There's definitely ideas to further expand career in the future. Whether that makes it in sooner or later is more the decision for us.

Sorry, another thing to note is the uniform.

For ODIs, Australia have the T20 uniform.

During ODIs England have their test uniform.
That's up to whatever is set for the team for the specific match types. You can check in the Academy what is assigned to them for what match type.

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
It's cricket season, which means I find myself playing this after a 4 month absence. Did you guys change the animation of the stumps when someone gets bowled? I was just standing down at the non-strikers end watching as Marcus North got bowled and both middle and off stump flew out of the ground. I don't remember it being like that previously, a nice little tweak if that is the case.

It's cricket season, which means I find myself playing this after a 4 month absence. Did you guys change the animation of the stumps when someone gets bowled? I was just standing down at the non-strikers end watching as Marcus North got bowled and both middle and off stump flew out of the ground. I don't remember it being like that previously, a nice little tweak if that is the case.
Yep, stump physics were exaggerated following update 1.13/Patch 2.5.

Still enjoying this after a fair while, started a new career recently. If you're having trouble with batting starting a career as a 21 year old is a good trade-off I reckon.

Just wondering, has anyone else had more issues than usual since the latest patch? I'm occasionally getting a few sound/controller issues that I wasn't getting before (extremely delayed audio, audio causing the game to lag, face buttons not working when bowling - meaning I can't bowl, even though they work fine in the menu). It's not that common but a little annoying. To be fair it may be a slightly worn out disc.

FoolCat

All Australian
Apr 19, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it possible to advance down the pitch and hit the ball aggressively along the ground?

Still enjoying this after a fair while, started a new career recently. If you're having trouble with batting starting a career as a 21 year old is a good trade-off I reckon.

Just wondering, has anyone else had more issues than usual since the latest patch? I'm occasionally getting a few sound/controller issues that I wasn't getting before (extremely delayed audio, audio causing the game to lag, face buttons not working when bowling - meaning I can't bowl, even though they work fine in the menu). It's not that common but a little annoying. To be fair it may be a slightly worn out disc.
That sounds very bizarre. We've not had any reports of such things post patches. Are you on 360? Those discs tend to be most susceptible to damage.
Is it possible to advance down the pitch and hit the ball aggressively along the ground?
At this point in time, no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back