Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF? Playing an ODI with my custom nation against Scotland, 49th over and they're nine down, I get an edge through to the keeper, we appeal, the finger goes up, the team comes together and hi five each other... then suddenly that ball turns into a dot and I'm still bowling. Controller nearly went flying and curses were shouted.

Has anyone ever had an issue when a delivery just randomly fails to exist? I took a wicket, caught behind off a spinner, I appeal, umpire gives it out, batsmen walks off and I start an interactive replay. After the interactive replay I think that ball was completely ignored, batsmen still in, the bowler had no wickets to his name? Has anyone had something like this happen or is this on me somehow?

Sounds very similiar to my issue from a week ago, I was using a custom team as well.

My only real gripe with this game is that it takes up too much of my time. I start it up thinking I'll just play a game, next thing I know its four hours later and I'm still playing :p

That beings said I did experience a strange bug last night. I was running to the non strikers end and the ball hits the stumps but I'm in by an absolute mile. However the fielders appeal and the umpire raises his finger. I'm in shock and pretty annoyed until I see my batting partner walking off the ground, and replays showing him out of his ground while the ball hits the stumps at my end.

My only real gripe with this game is that it takes up too much of my time. I start it up thinking I'll just play a game, next thing I know its four hours later and I'm still playing :p

I started a casual four day game at about 10:30pm on New Year's Eve. Figured I'd get through maybe half the game and then save it and come back later. Next thing it's 7:30am and I'm trying to get the last two wickets before going to bed.

Have been on a hat-trick the past two state one day games, failed to get the third wicket in both of them :cry:. Even when I "cheat" and bring myself on with 15-10 overs remaining (thus hopefully get to bowl at the lower order) it doesn't always work. In saying that my best bowling figures in that format is 4/9. Getting my economy rate down as well. Will screen shot the stats screen the next time I come on to bowl.

Batting is hit and miss, curerntly "in form" and make at least 40 before I either go on to make 60 - 80 and get out. I have made it to the 90's and 100-120 a few times the past few matches (T20 international, State 50 overs match, Shield and Big Bash games). The worst one was where my cpu team mates were getting themselves out in stupid ways, so I figured we're going to lose the match (If I retained the strike I would have been able to score all of the runs myself as I had plenty of overs left to get the total required... but instead of aiming for 4-5 an over, I was aiming for 10+ to end the match faster). I would hit the ball all over the ground for 4 or 6. Finally make it to 99 (I shot up to the 60's pretty fast, stalled for a few overs, then kicked into gear again).... I should have hit the ball along the ground and run a single or 2.... but nope I wanted to belt it out of the ground, I would have done so too if a fielder was not near where I hit it and was tall enough to grab it before it sailed over the boundary.

Also I have a bit of a chuckle to myself at the agility of the keeper sometimes. Being able to leap twice the normal length to retrieve the ball (if slip fielders are not present). Also hate how sometimes when you hit the ball the game "accelerates", the ball might seem like it's floating in the air... but the fielders can sprint from 10 o'clock to 67 o'clock like they are Usain Bolt and catch the ball.

I also got to play in a rain affected game, literally kept on bowling and batting with the rain coming down.... thought it was pretty cool.

Hey guys,
If I buy this game I will have to log onto online to get all the updates I'm assuming?
Haven't played xbox too much to be honest.

Hey guys,
If I buy this game I will have to log onto online to get all the updates I'm assuming?
Haven't played xbox too much to be honest.
Yep, as soon as you put the game in the system and boot it up you will be prompted to download the patches.

I would hope this has already been mentioned, but I noticed something wrong with run outs in this game, something that goes against one of the rules of cricket. I've always been curious and wanted to try it so I did tonight, I let the opposing side throw the stumps down (while still in the crease) and then shot off for a run. They throw the ball at the same stumps (which has no bails) and it is given out. You're actually supposed to take the stump out of the ground with ball in hand. Do people at Big Ant not know the rules or is it just too hard to implement? Surely they could have just made the AI throw the ball down the other end?

Last edited:
I would hope this has already been mentioned, but I noticed something wrong with run outs in this game, something that goes against one of the rules of cricket. I've always been curious and wanted to try it so I did tonight, I let the opposing side throw the stumps down (while still in the crease) and then shot off for a run. They throw the ball at the same stumps (which has no bails) and it is given out. You're actually supposed to take the stump out of the ground with ball in hand. Do people at Big Ant not know the rules or is it just too hard to implement? Surely they could have just made the AI throw the ball down the other end?

Gee wizz

Small bugs like this are the least of its problems

Any pre order bonuses? Like AFL Live 3 BETA access? ;)

Would also like a thank you to Quivorir for purchasing the game despite his hate of cricket in the credits please. :thumbsu:

It came down to time, we wanted to get it in, but it would've required a new animation set as well as working it out with the player correctly removing the wickets, etc.

We decided to go for the AI just hitting the wickets again if the bails had already been dislodged.

Throwing the ball to the other end doesn't really mitigate the issue unless both players are still out of their crease and the time it takes to get the ball to the other end could mean that they've made it into their crease.

I cant find this game anywhere, all EB and JB stores seem to be sold out of it, is there any other retail stores that sell it?
Or any alternatives other than those stores, because I'd rather play it on Xbox than PC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any pre order bonuses? Like AFL Live 3 BETA access? ;)

ryan-pointing-the-office.gif

Seriously, if the time comes for another AFL game and it's not Big Ant developing it, I'll ******* rage.

Ted Whitten Football 15. Do it.

It came down to time, we wanted to get it in, but it would've required a new animation set as well as working it out with the player correctly removing the wickets, etc.

We decided to go for the AI just hitting the wickets again if the bails had already been dislodged.

Throwing the ball to the other end doesn't really mitigate the issue unless both players are still out of their crease and the time it takes to get the ball to the other end could mean that they've made it into their crease.
On the other hand it probably wouldn't have been worth the effort. The situation doesn't really occur in the game anyway, like I said, I had to force the game to do it.

HBK619

is there a way to simulate/skip games in career mode (e.g. IPL) without playing it?

At the moment I can only Forfeit, or start the game and then simulate each innings.
This also seems to effect my player's stats.
In the next update/patch we do that will be added.

Yeh checked there, none of those stores or EB and JB have any stock anywhere on the Morningon Peninsula.
I'm assuming no stores are going to be re-stocked until the next gen version comes out or something? Cant think of any other reason why

IMO, pure batter. Especially when you're learning the game. I started one career as an allrounder and would bowl for an hour, bat for 2 minutes, rinse and repeat. Got old quick so I started another one as a pure batter. I still get a few overs here and there though, especially when I'm captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back