Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

I just got a nice ton this morning. 120 off of 80 balls. It's not my highest score, but it was a more realistic effort in a test match with plenty of 2s and 3s. I played ultra cautious and then got out caught from an edge.

I'll post some screenshots a bit later. I just reset my password so I can login on BF on my gaming PC.

Twenty20:
Innings: 48
Not Outs: 4
Runs Scored: 1105
Top Score: 167* (pretty lucky, should have been out on I think 23 or something)
Average: 25.11
Balls Faced: 528
Strike Rate: 209
Hundreds: 2
Fifties: 4
Duks: 6
4s: 66
6s: 91

List A:
Innings 40:
Not Outs: 1
Runs Scored: 584
Top Score: 60
Average: 14.97
Balls Faced: 283
Strike Rate: 206.36
Hundreds: 0
Fifties: 3
Ducks: 8
4s: 35
6s: 55

First Class:
Innings: 95
Runs Scored: 3322
Top Score: 200
Average: 35.34
Balls Faced: 1515
Strike Rate: 219.27
Hundreds: 11
Fifties: 9
Ducks: 9
4s: 346
6s: 191

T20I:
Innings: 8
Not Outs: 0
Runs Scored: 102
Top Score: 53
Average: 12.75
Balls Faced: 77
Strike Rate: 132.46
Fifties: 1
Ducks: 4
4s: 8
6s: 5

Having barely played since Christmas, I finished up my first Test.

101 (137), 21 (43), 2/62 and 1/33. And straight back to Somerset, haha.

Made 19 and took 5/56 in a domestic one day game, and now I'm back playing four day matches :(

Found that it's easier at Test level to play a more attacking game and maintain a reasonable strike rate (55-60), because the fields are so well set and not every shot finds the gap.

Can you chuck a screenshot of your career stats in here?

This is from my current career (apologies about the size, I tried to think of the best way to do it and I cut and pasted several screenshots of every game format into one paint image)

3VT8OoR.jpg

The stats in my first career are far better (top score of 345 in first class :D).

First/Original Player stats *Note* Never Qualified for IPL/English Leagues nor made the Aus international side.

T20
Matches Played: 27
Innings: 22
Runs Scored: 235
Top Score: 30
Average: 11.19
Balls Faced: 114
Strike Rate: 163.19
Hundreds & 50's: 0
Ducks: 4
4s: 25
6s: 14

Bowling
Balls Bowled: 27
Wickets: 3
Runs Conceded: 29
Average: 9.66
Economy Rate: 6.44
Strike Rate: 9.00

Best Innings + Best Match Figures: 2/0

List A

Matches Played: 38
Batting
Innings: 37
Not Outs: 2
Runs Scored: 1076
Top Score: 155
Average: 30.74
Balls Faced: 583
Strike Rate: 184.56
Hundreds: 4
Ducks: 2
4s: 127
6s: 48

Bowling: N/A

first Class
Matches Played: 40

Batting
Innings: 71
Not Outs: 2
Runs Scored: 2250
Top Score: 345
Average: 32.61
Balls Faced: 1219
Strike Rate: 184.57
Hundreds: 6
Fifties: 6
Ducks: 11
4s: 314
6s: 64

Last edited:
Got around 12,000 career runs
Playing on easy though

I unlocked the Legend Batsman (score 16,000 runs) achievement on December 30th :thumbsu:

Just had some fun in a T20 match playing with Sussex

HJt7zrW.jpg

Got out on the next ball of the following over after that screenshot was taken.
The score helped my T20 average go from 45 to 47.

Last edited:
I unlocked the Legend Batsman (score 16,000 runs) achievement on December 30th :thumbsu:

Just had some fun in a T20 match playing with Sussex

HJt7zrW.jpg

Got out on the next ball of the following over after that screenshot was taken.
The score helped my T20 average go from 45 to 47.
Got 160 off 39 earlier today, then took 7/5
Fair to say I was awarded MOM

Lol I got my first bowl unexpectedly today. I was playing a T2O Indian league game and I'm a pure batsman who has always batted at 4th (usually come in vs. the spinners who I am good at for some reason) and randomly got chucked into the attack.

I'd never bowled before that, I had to hop on YouTube to see the controls, lol. I tried getting them to smash it to cover but I'm not sure how to get the right line.

Been playing this a bit and I am fairly terrible.

Does anyone have any tips on picking short or full deliveries?

I seem to play on the front foot predominantly which leads me to edge the ball when it is balled shorter.

Rockin' a solid average of about 7.50 at the moment, somehow still getting a game for the Vics.

It's my current go to shot, I used to be able to hit straight drives non stop. Faced medium pace bowlers and all of a sudden lost the correct timing to nail the stroke every single time (90% of the time if I went for it it would be a 6..... the 10% would be a mistimed shot and would get caught right on the boundary line. Now if I mistime it the ball gets airborne to the fielders inner circle). Now I just go for cut shots, it's way more effective against spin bowlers than it is others.
Back or front foot cuts?

I always get bowled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only at the start of the second season as an opener.

Twenty20:
Innings: 7
Runs Scored: 305
Top Score: 73*
Average: 50.83
Balls Faced: 218
Strike Rate: 139.9
Duks: 0
4s: 22
6s: 5

List A:
Innings: 16
Runs Scored: 644
Top Score: 109
Average: 40.25
Balls Faced: 519
Strike Rate: 124.08
Hundreds: 1
Fifties: 4
Ducks: 0
4s: 53
6s: 0

First Class:
Innings: 33
Runs Scored: 1398
Top Score: 230
Average: 42.36
Balls Faced: 1208
Strike Rate: 115.72
Hundreds: 3
Fifties: 7
Ducks: 1
4s: 91
6s: 13

Pretty happy with my stats so far :thumbsu:

Depends on the delivery I risk going for front foot more often though (it's me just pressing forward on the left analog stick 99% of the time)
Even if the ball's pitched up on stumps?

I get clean bowled nearly any time I try a back foot shot, especially cross bat.

Even if the ball's pitched up on stumps?

I get clean bowled nearly any time I try a back foot shot, especially cross bat.

It varies upon delivery, I know I should only go for the cut shot when the ball is wide of the stump....... I've stupidly still attempted it at times where the ball is dead straight and I play it on to the stumps as the end result :D. I tend to pre determine the next shot I want to play (sometimes will look at the field settings to make sure a fielder hasn't been moved there) and rarely change my mind even when the ball coming at me means I am going to get out :p.

It's one of those situations like constantly going for straight drives that usually result in a 6 each ball.... the times where I've been lucky and it lands inside the boundary but away from the fielder (when they don't super sprint to it) OR it's landed just outside the fielders circle....... I'll still attempt it again the next ball and get caught - I never learn from my mistakes.

has anyone had one of there save games disapear. just got home from work hoping to play a game or 2 and my main career player is gone. my leg spinner player is still there but my opening batsmen who just made his test debut has vanished. safe to say im feeling pretty low right now

There's a weird glitch with "caught behind" plays.

One in every two or three knicks to the keeper aren't recognised by the umpire.

It's strange: the keeper moves back and then dives to take the catch, much in the same way he often does for recognised dismissals.

However I appeal, and it's given not out.
I review, and there's 100% an edge.
I check the replay, and the keeper manages to just glove it.

But it's given not out.

Is this a glitch, where the game is supposed to show the keeper dropping it? Or are some edges just not being recognised?

Been playing this a bit and I am fairly terrible.

Does anyone have any tips on picking short or full deliveries?

I seem to play on the front foot predominantly which leads me to edge the ball when it is balled shorter.

Rockin' a solid average of about 7.50 at the moment, somehow still getting a game for the Vics.

I'm pretty much exactly the same. My average is 8.8 (it raised an entire run after hitting 87). I play predominantly on the front foot as I score most of my runs through drives…but I also get caught behind 90 per cent of the time. I'm not good at picking the length, though I am getting better. it's definitely a game that requires concentration, which I appreciate.

9t9sTi0.jpg

Best ever bowling figures in a domestic 50 over match. Achieved two firsts - first ever 5 wicket haul and first ever hat-trick. Bizarre set of circumstances, I thought I was screwed with a low total for the cpu to chase. I opted to put myself into the attack in the 20th over (they had only scored 70 at that point in time). Got my first wicket in my first over after having conceded 2 runs. Scored another wicket in my next over after having been hit for 4 twice in that over, plumb lbw.

Felt ripped off in another over, bowled a no ball. On the "free hit" delivery, I made them mishit the ball and my slips fielder caught it :mad:. Another LBW chance, looked out in real time.... reviewed it and was denied (pitched outside, landed outside... but the impact was still "hitting" the stumps).

Got three wickets in a row and then another in the final over to clean up the tail.

Doing a bit better than I have been the previous few days in batting. Completed another year and started again, had a few T20's but have now been in the domestic comp for a few rounds. Got done over fairly easily in the first innings of a shield game, redeemed myself a bit in the second innings. We needed to score 154 with just 25 overs remaining in the match - so it became like a one dayer. I was careful to not hit 6's every chance (as lately I've been screwing up the timing for it that I used to be able to get 6 - 6's in a row every over). I managed to survive to 85 and with less than 20 runs left to score with 10 overs remaining (I had basically reached the 70's and took more chances going for 4's and 6's more often) I was finally dismissed.

My next shield game I made 103 runs in 50 balls in another second innings dig after having only scored 20 the previous innings (we managed to lose the match by 20 runs this time grrr).

The best thing is I am not even a pure bowler, I originally made myself as a batsman (or batter as Michael Clarke would say) and only ever had to bowl in the occasional Big Bash T20 match when they ran out of other bowlers to use. I didn't take it seriously until I took a few fluke wickets in one match.

Then when I gradually got promoted first as Victorian T20 captain, then after I improved in the IPL and English club comps becoming captains in their leagues, I started throwing myself in to bowl more regularly.

I am not super human, I rarely take wickets against good batting sides. For example I am still useless when bowling in international matches for Australia (regardless if it's T20 or ODI), only taking the occasional wicket. And even in my previous state 50 over match I got carted around everywhere (wound up 0 for 45).

yDywbgu.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back