Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does it half the time when I go to play a big shot my guys leaves it??? I always get bowled it LBW
It's possible that you're clicking the right stick in, which is the leave button, as you try to play your shot.

I swear it is harder to get the tail out than the top order.

It varies with me, I tend to throw myself in at varying stages (sometimes OPENING the bowling despite being a pure batsman, usually with 5-8 wickets down). I sometimes get results and snare 4-6 wickets, other times I barely get 1-2 (varies on the format that I am playing at the time T20's are my bread and butter, Test matches my strike rate + average is in the 60's lol).

I need to learn how to bowl better, I can stop runs from being hit but now need to learn to vary the bowling to get them to swing and miss rather than just block. If I alter the angle a bit with the second motion of the R stick the ball bowls too far wide (and gets called a wide more often than not).

My test batting average has dropped to the 70's :(, but my T20 average is now in the 40's because of my dominance against Pakistan (prior to the T20's against them my average was 28-29, played the series against them and scored 100+ each match). Playing a 5 test series against South Africa, and doing really crap (highest score 35 and getting out for a duck and anywhere from 20-25).

Played out a world cup. Bowling to the AI seems to always have the same pattern to it. The AI can freely score off the fast bowlers, like Johnson, going for about 7rpo, without losing their wicket. Against slower bowlers they score at about 3 rpo. Against spin, even the likes of Maxwell and Smith, they go for about 2rpo and pick up all the wickets way to easily. Its gotten boring and predictable. Happens every single ODI match. Mitchell Starc going for too many runs and not getting wickets? Easy, bring on David Warner for ten overs...

I swear it is harder to get the tail out than the top order.

It is - player stats and attributes mean jack s**t in this game. It almost seems like the worser the attributes, the better the AI performs. I had a one star rated Afghanistan hit Johnson for 75 off 10 overs, while Steve Smith picked up 7/15 off ten

Managed to run a five due to some terrible AI fielding. Hit it out to the boundary, ran three, the throw came in, missed the keeper, the guy backing up stopped it and threw it in to the keeper... who missed it again and we picked up another two. I can just imagine the bowler/captain reactions if this happened in real life.

I've had many over throws that go for a 4 after already going for 2-3 runs. The funniest one was the last one I mentioned in this thread earlier this month, the fielder threw the ball from one end of the ground to the opposite end and it crossed the boundary for 4.

The weirdest one's are when a fielder in the inner circle throws teh ball "powerful" as though they are on the boundary... of course it's going to skid past and not be stopped by the bowler or wicket keeper and roll it's way to the boundary. I gather it's a glitch or bug but oh well.

And broke the 400 barrier in a one dayer for the first time with Custom Team A slapping 8/404 against Custom Team B.

And after swapping sides to control Team B like I always do when two of my custom sides play each other, Team B not only chased down their target of 405 to win, but they did it with eight wickets in hand and eight overs to spare.

And broke the 400 barrier in a one dayer for the first time with Custom Team A slapping 8/404 against Custom Team B.
And after swapping sides to control Team B like I always do when two of my custom sides play each other, Team B not only chased down their target of 405 to win, but they did it with eight wickets in hand and eight overs to spare.
Who were in the teams?

All the time. Almost seems like the innings score is predetermined.
Yeah to a point. I am an opening bowler and in some ODI games, I'll have 2/0 off three, yet the score is 2/40 after 6 overs. Poor Johnson

Are there "captaincy stats?" I mean, unless I've batted in the first innings for like a session or two, or I was bowling and we enforce the follow on, I always open the bowling in tests (Clarke Captain). Yet when Bailey captains in the T20s, sometimes I won't bat at all, or bowl until the final 4 overs despite being a quick with an econ of like 2 and a strike rate of 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That ******* James mother******* Hopes. Cruised along to 99 off 54 in the Domestic ODI Final, playing ground shots nearly the whole time. Cover is on the boundary and the cover drive is my go-to shot so I figure just push it to cover, take the 1 and notch up the ton before cutting loose for the last few overs.

So Hopesy ambles in and I play the cover drive like I had about 20 times before in the innings, only to get a massive inside edge that goes on to knock over middle stump. And of course after playing it on, up pops "Bad Luck Mate" in the corner. Just a touch miffed after that.

That ******* James mother******* Hopes. Cruised along to 99 off 54 in the Domestic ODI Final, playing ground shots nearly the whole time. Cover is on the boundary and the cover drive is my go-to shot so I figure just push it to cover, take the 1 and notch up the ton before cutting loose for the last few overs.

So Hopesy ambles in and I play the cover drive like I had about 20 times before in the innings, only to get a massive inside edge that goes on to knock over middle stump. And of course after playing it on, up pops "Bad Luck Mate" in the corner. Just a touch miffed after that.
Hopes' slower ball always gets me.

Yeah the slower ball usually gets me into trouble. Struggle to score from them. Worst in the second innings of a game when they put the field where you always hit it and always bowl a leg stump line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back