Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

My career stats are impressively average for a player who captains his state in one dayers and opens the batting in ODIs.

Code:
Age      22
Teams    Australia, Victoria, Melbourne Renegades, Melbourne Stars, Derbyshire,
         Leicestershire, Hobart Hurricanes
Batting  Right hand opener
Bowling  Right arm medium

Batting and Fielding
               M    I   NO   Runs   HS     Ave    BF      SR  100   50    4s  6s   Ct  St
ODIs          14   14    0    459   96   32.79   317  144.79    0    3    22  13    3   0
First Class   96  189    5   3182   76   17.29  2601  122.34    0   10   256  15   51   0
List A       140  140    2   3665  100   26.56  2565  142.88    1   20   289  37   46   0
Twenty20      57   57    2   1115   83*  20.27   904  123.34    0    6    75  13    9   0

Bowling
               M   Balls   Runs   Wkts    BBI   BBM    Ave    ER     SR   5w   10w
ODIs          14      36     38      2   1/12  1/12  19.00  6.33  18.00    0     0
First Class   96      66     26      3   3/14  3/14   8.67  2.36  22.00    0     0
List A       140     381    215     21   5/27  5/27  10.24  3.39  18.14    1     0
Twenty20      57       6      2      0      -     -      -  2.00      -    0     0

Them runouts. :(

biWKIq3.jpg

Anyone else find it hard to make runs in the 2nd innings compared to the first? I made 140 in the 1st innings with my Bangladesh allrounder, only to make 40 runs in the 2nd and the whole time I felt tight and restricted

Anyone else find it hard to make runs in the 2nd innings compared to the first? I made 140 in the 1st innings with my Bangladesh allrounder, only to make 40 runs in the 2nd and the whole time I felt tight and restricted

Sometimes I find it to be the opposite, get out cheaply in the first innings... dominate (particularly if we were the one's batting first and not batting second where we would have to bat last to win) the second.

Seem to be having an awesome T20 season, scored another century (128) - half century in 13 balls, got the century in 28. The funny thing was that I figured I would continue playing the shots that were getting boundaries once I reached 112 and then kept on swinging. I only had 8 balls left in the innings figured I would be safe to just belt it - got caught behind the next ball :D. Only manged 1/19 with the ball, we started the match making them have to do 12 runs an over to be any chance of winning........ when I threw myself on to bowl they needed 16.

The innings started off really well, i came in to bat, stuffed up the first ball faced. I figured that I was probably going to be out early this innings (just a gut feeling after the first ball really troubled me). I thought I would accelerate my exit and I went for a big swing shot intended for the on side of the field. I swung and connected, it may as well have been a straight drive (even though the replay showed I swing the bat from right to left baseball style. the ball went airborne diagonally left - at least I scored a 6. It was pretty easy to score boundary after boundary after that. Even when they chucked a red headed spinner on, I smashed all of his deliveries that over too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha! Take that Dick Smith!

Its a shame they don't do trade ins, would have been hilarious to sell them their own game :p

I've had it for so long. Would have been weird taking it back and they haven't chased it up. Not a bad price actually either.

Havn't played the game since early April. Fired it up just before, first innings out for a duck (caught out at third man going for my trademark shot lol). Went to bowl in the T20 match - Did ok in the first few deliveries..... but my last two balls resulted in a 6 and 4. I didn't have many runs to play with, and it kept getting worse. I did get a lucky wicket against a player that was in the 80's. I finished with figures of 1-27, lost the match on the last ball of play. It was pretty funny with 3 overs to go I had enough runs to consider myself safe.... cpu ai bowls and ruins that. I had to defend 5 runs in the final over, they smacked a 4 on the first ball. I resigned myself to defeat........... bowled a few dot balls and they smack a single on the final ball arghh.

Second game (this time 50 over match) and was bowling first, I forgot to do what I normally do and put myself in to bowl early on. Thus I threw myself in during the final few overs of the match (the team was 8 down, I was hoping to pick up the last 2 wickets cheaply). I bowled 3 maidens and no wickets. When batting I got off to a good start, was on 31 (was also dropped in the 10's) when I got too cute and was caught out on the boundary rope.

Will be taking this game back for trade in soon. For someone who doesn't really enjoy the sport, this game certainly has no fun factor for me as it's TOO much like actual cricket. I know enough of the basics of the game to be able to follow it on telly, but this game....

I really enjoy sport games, even one's I have no interest in following in RL. Golf, Tennis, Racing games. These games allow for basically anyone to come in and at least enjoy themselves on the lower difficulties until they get a grasp on the mechanics and how the game is played. But even playing this game on Rookie I can't get anything higher than 30 runs. Mostly managing less than 10 runs a match. I've been grinding away and trying to get a grip on timing, but as soon as I think I've got a handle on it.... Nope.

Extremely frustrating and very isolating game as it rely on people who actually have the patience and time (I don't) to sit down for a good two hours just to play a match.

Had the day off, so I thought I'd give this one last chance to win me over. Played a good 20 matches on career (sim to my player)

Best I manged? 30 runs.... On Rookie.

Spent time in the nets, trying to get the timing right. Which I felt I was doing. Put into a match.... All over the ******* shop. Hitting it in the opposite way I was directing it. Missing it while in the nets it was an ideal timing. Life of me can't figure it out.

Teammate A.I is next to ******* useless as well.

New update released today on Steam introduces online/offline co-op against AI. Also introduces the ability to change difficulty at any point in career and also skip to batting when at the non-strikers end in career.

New update released today on Steam introduces online/offline co-op against AI. Also introduces the ability to change difficulty at any point in career and also skip to batting when at the non-strikers end in career.
This coming to 360/PS3 soon? Might spur me to keep going through my career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back