Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a 5 game T20 series against Sri Lanka, scored 40 in the first match.... scored 20 or less in the remaining 4 matches (20, 6, 12, 4 lol). Two test series against the West Indies, first innings I did really well - similar to the screenshot of the second innings, but a lot more "blue" lines. I was doing it easily, every aggressive shot went for 6 or 4, I was never in danger of being caught by a fielder. I was on 95, going for a big 6 to get me to 101..... mistimed the shot, swung missed and was bowled!

Second innings continued on from the first, scoring at will. After I reached 50 (trying to boost my test average above 60) I finally got caught out on the boundary.

yW8gNKF.jpg

Match 2 vs the West Indies

Innings 1

Made century on the 41st ball

FpDRCZM.jpg

bOhN4bX.jpg

126 on 49th ball (same over as the century)
Out LBW 4 balls later on 138
Returned to old form in the match, slogged 6's 6's in one over :-D

2nd innings

51 after 15 balls

103 after 31 balls

Had only a few runs left to win, but so close to the 150 milestone. I opted to score a single and then have the chance to slog a boundary - win the game and get the 150* milestone or get out. I slogged the boundary and won the match.

no1Dj2t.jpg

W5Ybfrf.jpg

The aggressive straight drive is becoming my go to shot once again thanks to field placings making the aggressive cut shot too risky lol.

My mate and I created our own players and slotted ourselves into the Australian line-up. Thinking that we need a challenge, we decide to tour South Africa but not before having a two-day warm up against Zimbabwe. We win comfortably but I get run out for 27 and my mate is trapped in front LBW to a bloke called Meth for 2. Not a great start but it's a warm-up game - some rustiness was to be expected.

Despite a superb 337 second innings knock from Kallis, we manage to win the first test by six wickets. I make contributions of 202* and 11*, my mate makes two decent starts but is ultimately unable to capitalize (26 and 28). Heading into the second test, confidence is high and we know that we can take the series with another outright win. Things are looking good when we bowl them out for under 400 in their first dig, but we have a significant batting collapse thereafter and give them a valuable ninety run lead. My mate makes 18 before he's bowled by Kallis - I make a measly 11 before Philander does the very same to me. South Africa then dominant our bowling attack and put on 600 in their second innings, essentially leaving us 700 to chase. I put up some spirited resistance (100*), but unfortunately we get nowhere near the total, all out for 230. My mate contributes a second ball duck as Steyn picks him up LBW.

Third test, the defining test. South Africa win the toss and elect to bat. They put on a smidgen over 450, and we look to be in trouble before my mate and I put on a sizable partnership. He makes 78, I make 133*. Our lower order hits out and hands us a valuable 100 run lead heading into the second innings. That's where things went to s**t. Kallis once again scores a triple century (309), and we're chasing 570 in the final innings. Our top order falls cheaply, my mate edges it to the keeper on 22, and the middle and lower order collapse around me as I'm left unbeaten on 86*

We lose the test series 2-1 even though I've averaged 543. Only got out once. Gutted.

What's the update on 360 for?

please be co-op please be co-op please be co-op

Last edited:
What's the update on 360 for?

please be co-op please be co-op please be co-op
'Tis.

All of the following:
– Online/offline 2 player vs AI co-op mode.
– Online/offline 2 player vs 2 player co-op mode.
– Improvements to online gameplay connections.
– Ability to change difficulty in career at any point.
– Ability to skip to career player at any point.
– Pause Menu Indicator now says Partner when in co-op.
– Changed score HUD from KPH to KM/H.
– Changed format of Score HUD.
– Removed difficulty notification in Career.
– Running call sound effects in online co-op multiplayer.
– Removed forfeit warnings when playing online co-op multiplayer.
– Added [P] symbol to score HUD to show power-play.
– Added online co-op difficulty choice.
– Added online versus difficulty choice.
– Added ability to select batsmen before super over.
– Added Lofted sweep and lofted reverse sweep shots – Use LB+LT/L1+L2
– Added Advance grounded shots – Use RB+LT+RT/R1+L2+R2
– Added ability to set fields in practice match, for bowler.
– Improved AI run chase pacing.
– AI attempt to run between wickets more aggressively (should be attempting more 1s & 2s where applicable, as well as 3s).
– Corrected missing delivery sometimes resulting in the batsman twitching – causing run outs/stumpings.
– Corrected batsman slides back a bit towards default position after moving him.
– Corrected swapping to the wicketkeepers position in the batting lineup made you WK in Career mode.
– Corrected moving a player up the batting order, shuffling the rest of the order down.
– Corrected AI shot choices on a free-hit.
– Corrected super over run chase not being aggressive.
– AI field placement changes occur more often.
– Further improvements to field placement selection.
– Resolved applying fields to all batters/bowlers issue.
– Resolved rare co-op save & resume functionality issues.

'Tis.

– Corrected missing delivery sometimes resulting in the batsman twitching – causing run outs/stumpings.
– Corrected batsman slides back a bit towards default position after moving him.

A huge thumbs up on those ones. Leaving one when suddenly everyone starts appealing and seeing you're run out is infuriating.

'Tis.

All of the following:
– Added [P] symbol to score HUD to show power-play.
– AI attempt to run between wickets more aggressively (should be attempting more 1s & 2s where applicable, as well as 3s).
– Corrected swapping to the wicketkeepers position in the batting lineup made you WK in Career mode.
– Corrected moving a player up the batting order, shuffling the rest of the order down.
Very nice indeed.

Is the patch just for Xbox?
PS3 also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Tis.

All of the following:
Added [P] symbol to score HUD to show power-play.

FMD I have not been paying attention to the updates, the pc version was updated awhile ago with these ? I've been wondering why the P was on the scoreboard ever since LOL.

Have not played the game for a week or so, figured I'd have a bash at it today since my Christmas days are uneventful.

My first innings was nothing to crow about (61, should have gone on to a century but failed). Second innings I raced to 31 fairly quickly, hit a brick wall for a few deliveries, then sped to 60, 80, 90.... stalled on 94 for a few balls and smashed a 6 to score my century.

Got caught out on 140 :(

J4A11pi.jpg

I like the more aggressive running update. I don't think I've ever had a run out while fielding because the batsmen always play it too safe. Never had a stumping either, the other day the batsman came down the pitch missed it and the keeper took an eternity to take the bails off so of course the batsmen made it back to his crease :mad:

Patch seems pretty good. When batting you can now hit drives square of the wicket, and the bowlers seem to put the ball on a true line on or just outside off stump more often. Slog sweeps are cool too. As is the running between the wickets by the AI, sneaking quick singles and risky second runs to help them chase down/set targets. The fielding positions seem improved. Have noticed that in short form games they don't change the field too much, and only put more than 2 men on the boundary in the last few overs. Nice touch pressing pause and seeing the scoreboard.

Shame no one is online to play anymore.

Last edited:
since the new patch I've been involved in two run outs where one batsman has stayed at one end while the other has kept running, caused two run outs.

never happened pre patch, anyone else had this?
While you were batting or while you were fielding?

Ive had the same when batting.

Been playing a few T20's - AI cant seem to score over 120 which is a shame. Had one game where KP needed 8 off 2 balls and let both of them go through to the keeper. :confused:

Chasing in T20s is near on impossible. Bat first = win the match
I chased 62 of 16 balls, man it was thrilling! I needed 4 of the last ball, big Lasith Malinga bowling, calm & collected I smacked it for a ground shot all the way to the boundary :D

Chasing in T20s is near on impossible. Bat first = win the match

I have given it a fair shake, yes I lose more often than not BUT it also depends on when I come to the crease and if I can start well. As I have mentioned I find T20's more like "test matches" than the test matches in the game. I can get out easily in T20 compared to the other formats (wheres in Test matches I'll smash 6 6's in an over quite often).

If I play my natural aggressive game, I'll whittle down the chase with style. I love coming in with 10 overs to go and still needing a lot to win (100+ runs).
Even if I come in late and there's no hope (say 60+ runs with 4 overs left) I'll still play aggressive, and knock off as many runs as I can (gotta try to keep my career stats ticking along lol).

I chased 62 of 16 balls, man it was thrilling! I needed 4 of the last ball, big Lasith Malinga bowling, calm & collected I smacked it for a ground shot all the way to the boundary :D
Thing is though, how many were you chasing in the first place? If you have to chase 62 off 16, I'd suggest something is up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back