Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I've had 1 lot of overthrows in my career, went for 4. Funnily enough it was when I was bowling. I'm an opening bat and bowl about 5 overs a year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

rodney86

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Everton, Penguins, Victory
This patch is fantastic. Ever since it has been installed four times my player has gone to bowl a no ball and then instead of letting the ball go he just jogs to the middle of the pitch and stands there and you can't do anything but quit the game.

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
I've had 1 lot of overthrows in my career, went for 4. Funnily enough it was when I was bowling. I'm an opening bat and bowl about 5 overs a year.

Bowled about 10 overs in my first season as an opening batsman all in limited overs cricket. The first time I was brought on it was the last over of the match and they required 3 to win :eek:

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I bowl a lot in T20s, I guess because I'm a spinner. Outside of that not too much.

Was a bit grumpy that I couldn't load my saved career game (it was halfway through a match) but then I realised that PS Plus had grabbed the patch for me. Very keen to give it a go.

jake.petherick

Draftee
Aug 18, 2013
Highest score in any form of the game is only 32 as an opening batsman in my first year still.

It's like as soon as I get to the high 20's I hit struggle street,
Really just wanna make a big score, as you have to put so much work into your game.

Absolutely love the game and would reccomend it to anyone.

I do have one possible recommendation of maybe having a little confidence metre for your player in the bottom right hand corner instead of having to click the right d-pad. Just a possible idea.

Cheers guys

Miqar_Baqfhied

Cancelled
May 31, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Patch has fixed quite a few things - batting is much easier with the patch now in career mode, but I find I get really bored watching my AI batting partners spudding with the bat from the non-strikers end, then rinse and repeat cleaning up of the AI when I get a go bowling. Maybe if there was some incentive not to fail - ie: getting dropped to club cricket. Things like injuries, changes in the batting order etc would also make it more engaging. At the moment the only thing to look forward to is selection to higher honours which seems like a long way off and lot of time and boredom to get through - gets a bit tedious after a while. For me anyway.

I find the game much more enjoyable making custom competitions like the IPL and Sheffield Shield. Best thing about these modes is the ability to change the AI difficulty anytime you want. For example, in T20's I bat on Pro, can make a decent realistic score of 160-170 odd, then I turn the difficulty up to Legendary when bowling. AI tends to be quite competitive, and doesnt seem to collapse in a heap as much. Also, switch on semi-assisted fielding gets rid of the AI suicide runs for some reason.

In longer formats like shield games, I have changed my overs per day to 50 to shorten things up a bit, then do the same thing adjusting the difficulty when batting and bowling and get decent results.

Game still has a few headwrecking bugs like getting run out when the batsman freezes in time, the bowling stamina dropping quickly and never repleneshing over innings/day breaks, crazy AI fielding positions. Seeing Nathan Coulter-Nile bobble a 78.5km/h delivery to the keeper first over into the second innings and the AI putting 4 fielders behind square just isnt cricket. I had the AI bowling to me in a T20 the other day with 4 behind square and everyone bar the bowler outside the circle to my batsman who was on 3 not out, then next over drop in 4 slips and a gully. :confused:

Last edited:

Rowdoss

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2011
SurfCoast
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Mavs Liverpool
This a good review lads based on what you've played?

Yep, I think that was a pretty fair and balanced review.
If you love cricket, grab it.
if you only have a passing interest in cricket and think you may get too frustrated at
The minor Buggs, then wait a couple of months till patch 2.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Finally made my first century today. Feel a lot better now!

Was given out LBW on 77, lost my s**t, reviewed it... MISSING OFF. Regained my s**t. Went on to score a century with Watto. AWWWW YEEEEAH!
How does one... never mind...

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
My Redbacks career teammates would have to be the world leaders in blocking out 5 balls then wanting a farm-the-strike-single off the last ball of the over.
Never had an issue with it batting down the order but now I'm opening for Victoria with Finch the **** is doing it every over.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah, farming the strike is a huge part of the game. If you're at the non strikers end on the last ball of the over, it's 2 or 0.

Back