News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people are scum: copied from article
Instead, the person looked at her new son, Harlan, and said: “You going to grow up to be a drug cheat like your dad?”

Ryder seriously should take this all the way just to screw Essendope over for the way players have been treated by the club the past two years.
Lord knows that club deserves to be humbled a bit more.

Interesting article. Didn't think Ryder took much of a shot at essendon more the fact they had let it drag on for 2 years not 6 months. I'd hate fearing the unknown but he could, no, should, have asked to know what it was and what it could do. It's simple.

Ah well suffer in ya jocks bombers and you too Ryder. Men can still say no. Hiding behind the club is a bit weak. Although if it destroys the club I'm fine with that.

Hird must be burnt and erased from the AFL like you would a nasty hemorrhoid. When the skin heals it will leave a scar with his face on it. Lovely. Hate him.

I dunno popin maybe I am just a bit suss on people not taking responsibility for their actions. In Ryder's case, if the Doctor said it was ok, then fair enough he is aggrieved.

When it is all said and done, surely the players do actually have a legitimate case to leave and consider litigation.
I hope it happens. I hope it destroys the club further. And it is all Hird's fault.

Let's have a go at speculating what they get?

I reckon 6 month bans backdated to the end of the 2014 season if they take a deal.

Won't even miss round one in that case.

I reckon 6 month bans backdated to the end of the 2014 season if they take a deal.

I reckon you're spot on, the AFL would never let one of it's core franchises get decimated by bans and I honestly don't think WADA would care enough to overrule it, and I don't think ASADA would pursue anything beyond what the AFL is happy with.

Basically if you're big enough you can systematically dope your players and face no 'real' repercussions.

I reckon you're spot on, the AFL would never let one of it's core franchises get decimated by bans and I honestly don't think WADA would care enough to overrule it, and I don't think ASADA would pursue anything beyond what the AFL is happy with.

Basically if you're big enough you can systematically dope your players and face no 'real' repercussions.

WADA cared enough about the NRL penalties to make their strong displeasure felt. I just can't see Essendon players getting off as easy (if the claims are upheld)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've had numerous chances to say they've done the wrong thing and apologise and accept a punishment, but they haven't. They've denied, they've gone to the courts, they've expressed "shock at being here," etc. They've embarrassed a great game, soiled the reputation of a league, and made a mockery of the integrity that countless people worked hard to maintain. They have treated their own supporters and non-Essendon supporters with absolute contempt.

But they will probably just get a slap on the wrist anyway.

6 months for some to be served immediately after the finding i.e. from December 2014
1 year for those who attended "off site" clinics to be served from Dec 2014
Further Show Cause notices (leading to Infractions) for Coaches/Administration resulting in 2 year bans

Yes, 2 year bans for all those involved
Reduced because of the inordinate delay in completing the investigation, which does not apply in regard to Essendon

But, the important thing is, the record shows it was a 2 year ban

But...they aren't serving them?

My point is that they can do as much lip service as they want, but no bans will be forthcoming.

Just hot air and blustering.

The Age is reporting that the players want the whole thing fast tracked and therefore will not respond to the SCNs meaning that infractions will be issued and they go straight to the AFL anti-doping tribunal, with possible hearing dates of late November/early December. If this is even remotely accurate, the AFL will have no choice but to hand out suspensions but it isn't really clear if this is in effect a guilty plea with the hope of getting a reduced penalty or whether they plan to argue innonence/no case to answer.

But...they aren't serving them?

My point is that they can do as much lip service as they want, but no bans will be forthcoming.

Just hot air and blustering.

Yes they are serving some time

You assume this an AFL determination, it isn't

You are going to be pleasantly surprised, could I suggest you read ASADA's comments in this morning's press

"Cronulla players in the NRL accepted heavily back-dated penalties from ASADA in August that saw some miss just three matches.

ASADA yesterday made clear Essendon’s 2012 drugs program was far more sophisticated.

“The situation at Essendon was more regimented and more systematic and ran for a longer period of time than what we saw at Cronulla,” ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt said on Friday night.

The Herald Sun understands the anti-doping agency will not entertain penalties for Essendon players that do not include suspensions for several matches in the 2015 premiership season"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back