News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

and Should cost him his Job at the Very Least

Hird won't be sacked over this. He will look pretty stupid though and once the tribunal is finished, if any player is found to have a tiny smidgen of guilt then he will definitely be sacked.

Essendon players will refuse to run out for NAB Challenge games unless the AFL guarantees to backdate any anti-doping suspensions according to the Herald Sun.

Well - IF they do that. Then Bad Luck they won’t play.

Players can’t hold the Competition to Ransom

Not good for Essendon, this from Robbo
"It is understood evidence from biochemist Shane Charter and compounding chemist Nima Alavi has been ruled admissible by the AFL tribunal this week"
Their evidence is their statements and tape recorded interviews which outline the supply trail of TB4 from China to Essendon
Even though it's been stated that their statements will be worth less weight because they couldn't be cross-examined, there is some really 'meaty' stuff that should be enough to find them guilty under the WADA code.

It should knock the smug look off his face for a while. A real man would own up and accept a punishment.

Agree and the Stories of him Using his Drugs during his Playing Days are very Belivable

It should knock the smug look off his face for a while. A real man would own up and accept a punishment.
And therein lies part of the problem.

He thinks he's a god, he didn't do nuffin that everyone else wasn't doin' & it's all a conspiracy to hurt HIS reputation.
The guy drinks so much of his own bath water, he has permanent ring around his mouth. Well I think that's what the ring is from.;)

giphy.gif

And therein lies part of the problem.

He thinks he's a god, he didn't do nuffin that everyone else wasn't doin' & it's all a conspiracy to hurt HIS reputation.
The guy drinks so much of his own bath water, he has permanent ring around his mouth. Well I think that's what the ring is from.;)

giphy.gif
That's what happens when your raised with a silver spoon in your mouth to be a spoilt rich kid with fame and fortune getting to your massive head and ears that doesn't live in reality :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what happens when your raised with a silver spoon in your mouth to be a spoilt rich kid with fame and fortune getting to your massive head and ears that doesn't live in reality :)
He really is messed up. I can honestly say I used to respect him as a player. Really got it done on field when he needed to step up. But as a human, he seems to be a total flog. His flogheadedness makes his fall from grace all the more appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The outcome of this appeal comes as no surprise to me! The fact that only Hird and not the Essendon Football Club as a whole decided to appeal speaks volumes of his chances of being successful in this appeal.

Hird has already come out looking like a bigger loser than he was before. He's wasted so much money in this appeal which I'm sure the club will be paying back. If I was a member of Essendon I'd be furious with this to be honest.

So now pretty much ASADA will resume its investigations as normal and hopefully we reach a fair but proper resolution to this whole fiasco. The fact that we've nearly reached two years since it came to light goes to show that a resolution needs to be reached sooner rather than later as the longer this drags on the more detrimental it is for the game and the AFL as a whole.

It's a great day for the game as it means no one is above the law and proper anti-doping bodies can resume their investigations legally into this matter. If Essendon are found to not have done anything illegal then they should not face any further punishment but if they are guilty of such actions then I hope they face the full consequences and repercussions with those breaches and are imposed with the appropriate punishments that will not only deter their club from committing such actions again but also alert other clubs that similar punishments await them if they undergo similar programs that Essendon have alleged to have undergone in 2011-2012.

In regards to Hird himself, Essendon has backed him for this long so I don't see why he won't be coaching this year even though I think the Essendon board has no balls whatsoever. It still staggers me how he received a new contract on the day he was handed a 12 month suspension from the AFL in August 2013. That was a premature reaction by Essendon to demonstrate to the general public that they were sticking by their club legend no matter what the circumstances were but in hindsight Essendon will be regretting the move one would reasonably think as Bomber Thompson is no longer around and Hird himself continues to be the laughing stock to everyone outside Essendon.

Last edited:
Hird ordered to pay ASADA's legal costs too haahahaha

His arrogant stubborness would have likely costed him multiple $ Million

He should have saved that money for his imminent retirement

That is the best news I've heard all day! Awesome way to improve a Friday afternoon.

Guess now he may struggle to pay for those skin yellowing injections :p

a nice little video in this link.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-30/hird-fails-in-appeal

Lets say the players get banned for a long time and essendon finish last in the season and have the position of getting the number one draft pick from finishing last.

Surely that has to be stopped because they have been found guilty and should be relegated to the end of the first round pick.

you cant be rewarded that gift when found guilty as that would make clubs and there supporters more angry.
you no what im saying here?

Last edited:
Well the shitest of s**t clubs just got shittier!!!!

Trying to hold the AFL & the comp to ransom re boycotting the NAB Cup unless the AFL guarantee any suspension will be backdated.

I hope the AFL respond with, any player boycotting a match will be deregistered for all of 2015.

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!

Will be interesting to see how the troglodytes, sorry Hirdashians, spin this one.

I don't know why they assume they are entitled to any reductions in penalty. They have dragged this out as much as possible. I thought reductions in penalty were due to giving assistance ie admissions etc. To assume they should have this backdated as well id just a joke. Boycotting the NAB games will throw out he pre-season plans of the 3 teams they are due to play as well. Another Essendon excercise in how to make friends and influence people! Their arrogance is astounding. We all know the outcry if it was Eddie pulling this s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back