News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been EXTREMELY disappointed with WorkSafe in this case. If it was a small business where an employee had got a paper cut, they'd be crawling all over them. But Essendon undertakes an experimental medical program on it's employees with no records of what was actually given, and we've hardly heard a peep out of WorkSafe. It's completely wrong and I don't understand how no one is making a fuss out of it.

I'm not sure I've come across this point being made in the media.

Makes no sense to me either.

Manager still holds fears for health of Dons players

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...r-health-of-dons-players-20150401-1mcyib.html
Leading player manager Craig Kelly has said he still holds fears for the health of the 34 Essendon footballers regularly injected by the club in 2012
1427881989724.jpg

So what does this mean for Hird, co. and Essendon?

Can they still be found guilty?

Only if either ASADA or WADA appeal the findings. Given that there were no positive tests and no records kept that would appear unlikely. It seems they got away with it.

Only if either ASADA or WADA appeal the findings. Given that there were no positive tests and no records kept that would appear unlikely. It seems they got away with it.

There are still the possibility of civil proceedings, as in the Hal Hunter case.

Oh, and WorkSafe, if they ever get their arse into gear.

Without any big new evidence being produced they will remain not guilty

ASADA's case completely fell apart

Even with a rock-solid case the AFL made it abundantly clear they were never going to be found guilty. In front of a proper court ASADA has some chance. Most likely however Essendon's biggest issue is being sued by players regarding their mis-management. That's what Essendon has needed to be challenged over all along...

Even with a rock-solid case the AFL made it abundantly clear they were never going to be found guilty. In front of a proper court ASADA has some chance. Most likely however Essendon's biggest issue is being sued by players regarding their mis-management. That's what Essendon has needed to be challenged over all along...

How did the AFL have power over whether or not Essendon was found guilty? ASADA had to gather the evidence and present it an independent panel of ex Barristers and County Court Judges

How did the AFL have power over whether or not Essendon was found guilty? ASADA had to gather the evidence and present it an independent panel of ex Barristers and County Court Judges

They don’t want to lost $$$$ by Stuffing up Essendon for 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL decided the original punishments to Essendon 1-2 years ago. This doping charge was between the Independent tribunal, ASADA and Essendon

I don’t 100% Believe the Independent Tribunal bit

I don’t 100% Believe the Independent Tribunal bit

So you believe an ex County Court Judge is just a puppet for the AFL?

He would risk going to jail for corruption just to help the AFL out and do what the AFL want? After decades of outstanding service as a Judge?

At the end of the day an incompetent organisation called ASADA took 3 years to gather an extremely flimsy case that was easily smacked down by Essendon's legal team and rightly officiated by the Tribunal.

So you believe an ex County Court Judge is just a puppet for the AFL?

He would risk going to jail for corruption just to help the AFL out and do what the AFL want? After decades of outstanding service as a Judge?

I would not put it past the AFL

I would not put it past the AFL

If the AFL got caught doing that pretty much everyone at the upper levels of the AFL would lose their job, people would go to jail. The game would never be the same, a League breaking the law to protect drug cheats?

Cmon Dave, why would the AFL risk their necks just to get slightly higher attendances at Essendon games for the next 2 years.. Risk everything for a tiny amount of money they don't need? Hmm...

If the AFL got caught doing that pretty much everyone at the upper levels of the AFL would lose their job, people would go to jail. The game would never be the same, a League breaking the law to protect drug cheats?

Cmon Dave, why would the AFL risk their necks just to get slightly higher attendances at Essendon games for the next 2 years.. Risk everything for a tiny amount of money they don't need? Hmm...

Simple $$$$ and Keep the Reputation of the AFL not go down the Toilet. Well they already did that

It was still an 'AFL tribunal' no? Doesn't really matter who they are if they're under the employ of the AFL. It was basically a mock trial.

It was still an 'AFL tribunal' no? Doesn't really matter who they are if they're under the employ of the AFL. It was basically a mock trial.

Not at all, the word "AFL" was in the name but the tribunal was independent. If you believe the AFL is basically the mafia and corrupted ex County Court judges then good for you, I'll be here in the real world.

Not at all, the word "AFL" was in the name but the tribunal was independent. If you believe the AFL is basically the mafia and corrupted ex County Court judges then good for you, I'll be here in the real world.

Well - Seeing what Happened on Tueday. I reckon they could be.

How many Players they are Hiding that have take Party Drugs or even Addicted to them would be a hell of a lot

Yes and no.

Yes, they weren't an entirely independent panel, such as with a court. However, that pretty much only applies to courts, except maybe for a few exceptions. Hence the necessity for the separation of powers.

No, it'a pretty long bow to draw to say these individuals were influenced in their decision by the AFL. It is probably defamatory. It's in their interest to act independently or their reputations are shot.

Like many, I don't like the result because I think Essendon were extremely shady in their dealing before, during and after this whole saga. However, the fact is, there was insufficient evidence to indicate that the players were actually given TB4. If you want to draw adverse inferences relating to Essendon's conduct due to the lack of evidence available to ASADA (and therefore the tribunal), then feel free to do that. Ben McDevitt has already done this publicly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back