News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
CAS can say whatever they they want. They have no obligation or power "in Law". No law has been broken , no illicit drug taken, or even claimed to have been taken.
The WADA/ASADA/CAS case was absolutely unproven. It was not even tested in a court of law. Get a handle on reality. These are political organisations which deal solely with the politics of sporting organisations. Not law.
So, you still haven't read the CAS findings?
Additionally, read the WADA Code to which the AFL is a signatory

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, you still haven't read the CAS findings?
Additionally, read the WADA Code to which the AFL is a signatory
Still stuns me that people don't understand the way the WADA rules are written.
People, look back at how Olympic Athelets have been banned. This is the way works.
Simply, you need to prove that you did not dope.
As the Essendon players and the club still cannot 100% say just what as administered then the WADA code says they are guilty.
This is the law as the AFL have signed up to.
If you think the bans are wrong then you simply don't understand what the AFL have committed to.
And by committing to the WADA laws every club has benefited through a Government funding. Funding that is not available if the code is not signed to these rules.
CFC have gained millions by being signed.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be considered a cheat you must first know that what you are taking is going to enhance you ability to perform a task and put you at an advantage to others.

This continues to make me angry.
People in the exalted position of an AFL player are in the best position to know that any unkown, untested drug may contain illicit material.
Joe blogs isn't told every year about the dangers of ingesting unknown material.
AFL players are.
Now, if I was told constantly that my (very well paying) job was dependant on my keeping clean of illicit substances, then I would be bloody well make sure that I didn't take anything that I didn't know the contents of.
They are a disgrace.
And we are a disgrace for putting them back on our roster.

Marvel

Draftee
Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Courts in Australia have already tested the strength of sports courts to apply rules and arbitrate awards. Precedence shows that state courts consider all the suites of documents, agreements and rules that the parties sign up to (AFL, Clubs + players) are enough to constitute contracts. The AFL Doping code, the collective bargaining agreement, player contracts and playing laws are agreed to by all and therefore can be arbitrated on by the governing body of the multi party agreement. That is why courts very rarely overturn these types of awards (34 players banned). All parties are bound by their contracts. Even Essendon (although as we know these people forever refuse to play by the rules everyone else agrees to).

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Just had someone who's very legit tell me that Hird is planning to sue the club this year.

Would be spectacular if true.

USSST6tXdWIOabY8nVHk6dyaA9TxtwaKuulCcqKwSYskS6IYbsO7_UVRggK7s79yPllZeH3KnhzqIk2fVmBiDH0gj06b5EoGYqJZqlcmgTcujZTVmt5Rvj-RHg4Pn0Xog_e-=w360-h288-nc

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I read today Keeffe and Thomas are getting paid the rookie salary 50k but that goes straight to paying their 50k fine. Big cokk up by those boys.
I believe it's because of how their standard contracts work, ie min contracts, I assume in Australia we can't have someone on the books as slave labour.
Not that there isn't a proliferation of certain types of services in dinghy shops popping up all over Melbourne.
All award wages.

I'm off to 7-11 to get something, no doubt they all paid correctly

I read today Keeffe and Thomas are getting paid the rookie salary 50k but that goes straight to paying their 50k fine. Big cokk up by those boys.

I also think they get a Bit Extra so they can live off it

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich
This continues to make me angry.
People in the exalted position of an AFL player are in the best position to know that any unkown, untested drug may contain illicit material.
Joe blogs isn't told every year about the dangers of ingesting unknown material.
AFL players are.
Now, if I was told constantly that my (very well paying) job was dependant on my keeping clean of illicit substances, then I would be bloody well make sure that I didn't take anything that I didn't know the contents of.
They are a disgrace.
And we are a disgrace for putting them back on our roster.
Yep....I couldn't agree more.
When the issue first arose I was sympathetic towards the 2 of them and whilst they never intended to enhance their performance, the fact that they are dabbling in stuff that I would not condone my own kids to dabble with just rubs me up the wrong way.
There are many ways the club could have chosen to support the 2 of them but putting them on a senior list is was not my preferred option.

Sometimes clubs have to make examples of individuals for the betterment of the game.. This could have been one of those occasions.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I believe it's because of how their standard contracts work, ie min contracts, I assume in Australia we can't have someone on the books as slave labour.
Not that there isn't a proliferation of certain types of services in dinghy shops popping up all over Melbourne.
All award wages.

I'm off to 7-11 to get something, no doubt they all paid correctly

Well they aren't really doing any labour whilst suspended and they are still getting 50k which is no kick in the teeth. Just happens it has to go to pay off their fine for drug offences. Stiff s**t, they will have to get a real job.

Hopefully they put that towards food and not the recreational variety.

You would hope they Learned there Lesson.

Yeah I think it be for Food and Bills. Said it for them to live Modestly

Back