News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

You didn't offend me at all, just gave me an insight into what type of person I was dealing with.

From memory you questioned my use of the word prosecution.

Just to assist with your education I have gone to the trouble of cut and pasting the EXACT wording from the ASADA website.

"ASADA enforces any breach of a policy by ensuring those violating anti-doping rules are prosecuted and sanctioned".

Just in case you have trust issues, please feel free to verify my source at:

http://www.asada.gov.au/about/index.html

Now that we have THAT out of the way...........
Sorry mate. Prosecuted in that sentence is a verb.
Apex36 was talking about Prosecution - The noun.

Just wanted to assist with your education.

Geez the lawyers are good aren't they. Urging the club to appeal because they'd win. They were told they'd win the initial case. Got that one a bit wrong. When the AFL handed down their penalties back whenever it was, they abandoned court action "although we would have won". :rolleyes:
Its like they can see a pretty bottomless pit of money and they are going to scrap as hard as they can for it until the well runs dry. They must be laughing their **** off

True story:

I heard this breaking story (Hird to be axed) on MMM Sydney sports news.

One of the radio announcers went nuts about "How is this news? Why do we care?"

AFL doesn't get much love in this town :p

There is no end to the lengths this man will go to, there is no one he will not step on and no one he cares more about than himself.

If he gets sacked tomorrow I will seriously laugh my **** off!

What a selfish, arrogant, w****r, cabbage of a thing he is.

He will get sacked and take Essendon to court, I want to know how much love these Essenodn fans will show him then.

We are dropping off as a side at Collingwood but are miles ahead of Essendon as a football club and department. They are a bunch drug cheats! Some people may say this is sad for the game that this happened, I personally think it's the best thing that has happened to the game because watching Essendon's fall from grace has been amazing.

Essendon have to make a decision quick smart as Thompson looks headed to GC. Can't wait for the outcome of the show cause notices to sack Hird. They have to bone him now to keep Thompson.

Essendon have to make a decision quick smart as Thompson looks headed to GC. Can't wait for the outcome of the show cause notices to sack Hird. They have to bone him now to keep Thompson.
To be honest, I think that the Dons are too late. Bomber has been nothing but loyal to the Bombers over the past couple of years and has been treated shabbily. Coaching at the Suns where he knows that he has the full and open support of the club and the board is a much more attractive option.

To be honest, I think that the Dons are too late. Bomber has been nothing but loyal to the Bombers over the past couple of years and has been treated shabbily. Coaching at the Suns where he knows that he has the full and open support of the club and the board is a much more attractive option.

Not just that, but Bomber was caught up in this drugs scandal too.

Time for a fresh start for Bomber and the Essendon Football Club.

Last edited:
i just don't get what he's thinking. Even in the unlikely event he wins, his name isn't cleared, people will still remember him as an egotistical cheat driven by his own self image. And then, the investigation starts again and ASADA just re-issue show cause in 12 months and we're at the same point.
Is his wife giving the legal advice or something because it couldn't be more stupid.
Was interesting to hear Matthew Lloyd tonight say that he hadn't spoken to Hird in 12 months. 12 months! This was one of his close friends and during a period where Hird would need his friends, but clearly he is driving them away and his so called friends are probably realising he isn't the person they use to think he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely, Bomber would be very wise to get the hell out of Windy Hill and not look back for a while.

He was hardly guilt free in all of this crap. Always worth remembering. But the reality is that he's an excellent football coach and Gold Coast will likely offer him great money to coach a talented group, without nearly as much media glare.

As he said himself, if you were going to return to coaching it's where you'd want to go.

If Hird gets sacked, his next move will be to launch another lawsuit..on the Bombers. Seeming more and more like a smart decision to resign him when they did:rolleyes:
I doubt he'll sue the club, if he tries, they'd have every right to counter-sue. No one wants that. The day I lost respect for James Hird was when Brisbane beat them in the gf (1st of 3peat). He was such a sore loser in his speech, no mention of lions better team on the day & deserving premiers. Nothin I've seen or 'hird' since has led me to change my mind. Had questionable links back in his playing days. No one dares go there. Why is that ...

Absolutely, Bomber would be very wise to get the hell out of Windy Hill and not look back for a while.

He was hardly guilt free in all of this crap. Always worth remembering. But the reality is that he's an excellent football coach and Gold Coast will likely offer him great money to coach a talented group, without nearly as much media glare.

As he said himself, if you were going to return to coaching it's where you'd want to go.
Nice work by Bomber to get that in the press. Brilliant timing given todays events

I like Bomber. Dunno if it's his media work on Fox Footy where I've warmed to his personality and insights on coaching but he tells it straight. A great attribute to have. Hopefully he leaves that disgusting excuse of a club and further enhances his reputation.

i just don't get what he's thinking. Even in the unlikely event he wins, his name isn't cleared, people will still remember him as an egotistical cheat driven by his own self image. And then, the investigation starts again and ASADA just re-issue show cause in 12 months and we're at the same point.
Is his wife giving the legal advice or something because it couldn't be more stupid.
Was interesting to hear Matthew Lloyd tonight say that he hadn't spoken to Hird in 12 months. 12 months! This was one of his close friends and during a period where Hird would need his friends, but clearly he is driving them away and his so called friends are probably realising he isn't the person they use to think he was.

It probably sucks to be James Hird right now.

He had been feted, idol worshipped, connected, solidly entrenched at the top of the 'A list' of society.

He's had a ***massive*** from grace. He's technically the senior coach and yet he probably didn't even get invited to his own club's B&F. Even the bloke at his local coffee shop probably doesn't talk to him much anymore.

In due course he'll release his memoirs, they'll be titled "My side of the story" or something. The chapter of this period will probably go something along the lines of ...

"... I was in a state of deep depression. I felt as if I was unfairly and unjustly treated, there were things I was being accused of that were plainly untrue. All I could do was to fight, fight to clear my name. My old life was now lost forever, I knew that, but I needed to restore my dignity and to be vindicated. Not just for myself, but for the players, for my family, the for people who stood by me and supported me when it seemed like I didn't have too many friends ..."

It probably sucks to be James Hird right now.

He had been feted, idol worshipped, connected, solidly entrenched at the top of the 'A list' of society.

He's had a ***massive*** from grace. He's technically the senior coach and yet he probably didn't get invited to his club's own B&F. The bloke at his local coffee shop probably doesn't even talk to him much anymore.

In due course he'll release his memoirs, they'll be titled "My side of the story" or something. The chapter of this period will probably go something along the lines of ...

"... I was in a state of deep depression. I felt as if I was unfairly and unjustly treated, there were things I was being accused of that were plainly untrue. All I could do was to fight, fight to clear my name. My old life was now lost forever, I knew that, but I needed to restore my dignity and to be vindicated. Not just for myself, but for the players, for my family, the for people who stood by me and supported me when it seemed like I didn't have too many friends ..."
First "coach"* not to attend a B&F?

Eagerly waiting Robbos article tomorrow!

In the words of Mark Williams......"You were wrong!"

I hate what Collingwood is going through at the moment you have to feel for the Essendon supporters
Not really, they have stood by Hird and co and watched them destroy and discredit their club since the scandal broke. If they had stood up against Hird.co things might well be looking better for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back