News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate what Collingwood is going through at the moment you have to feel for the Essendon supporters

Not a chance. They've had at least 12 and up to 18 months to smell what was cooking but instead of saving their club chose to listen to vested interests ie the incumbents. And now it all begins to unravel. Badly. Remember their AGM ?

This is not the end. It is very much only the beginning.

I'll never understand why someone who is so adamant in public that they have done nothing wrong would try so hard to get the information that should prove his innocence thrown out of court. Is it possible that Hirds role in this whole saga was even bigger than we think.

Yeah, that was the vibe on the Essendon board about Bomber's speech. Fallout as far as the eye can see!

GC has been relegated to a bit of a sideshow at the moment, but imagine if they sack Hird tomorrow and appoint Thompson - where does that leave GC and how would McKenna feel? Staggering that both Qld clubs would fall into the same trap two years running.

Or alternatively, if Thompson does go to GC and ditches Essendon... Lol. (though that seems unlikely from the dry hump he and Little gave each other on stage at the BnF)

I hate what Collingwood is going through at the moment you have to feel for the Essendon supporters

Have you read their board? I don't at all. Schadenfreude, it's a thing!

Absolutely, Bomber would be very wise to get the hell out of Windy Hill and not look back for a while.

He was hardly guilt free in all of this crap. Always worth remembering. But the reality is that he's an excellent football coach and Gold Coast will likely offer him great money to coach a talented group, without nearly as much media glare.

As he said himself, if you were going to return to coaching it's where you'd want to go.
Plus the Hirdites will turn on Bomber big time. The club & supporters will split (a MM v Bucks situation) & take years to recover. Total clean out required.

So Bomber gave hints last night that he wants to stay at Essendon (according to quotes from The Age).

I admire his loyalty to his club and they are fortunate to have him, as staying would be the much harder option.

He seems to be having a real internal struggle with it all, saying one day that GC would be the ideal place to continue as a senior coach, and the next day seemingly distancing himself and tying himself to Essendon.

So Bomber gave hints last night that he wants to stay at Essendon (according to quotes from The Age).

I admire his loyalty to his club and they are fortunate to have him, as staying would be the much harder option.

He seems to be having a real internal struggle with it all, saying one day that GC would be the ideal place to continue as a senior coach, and the next day seemingly distancing himself and tying himself to Essendon.
Or he's playing a tactically masterful game in which he is forcing Essendon's hand to act on Hird and appoint him?

What better way than to have GC sniffing at his door?

Let's face it, he is going to GC unless Essendon sack Hird and appoint him.

I'll never understand why someone who is so adamant in public that they have done nothing wrong would try so hard to get the information that should prove his innocence thrown out of court. Is it possible that Hirds role in this whole saga was even bigger than we think.

Interesting point you raise.

I don't think it is just what happened at the club. There are texts regards financials of some of the drugs used between Dank, Hird and Evans. This has nothing to do with fighting for his name (in fact the hearing has and any appeal has nothing to do with that).

As you say, why is he fighting so hard to have the evidence squashed? Including sullying his reputation further, throwing the club under the bus and losing his job- this isn't about fighting for his name but something more sinister I am guessing. It makes no sense to appeal with the evidence we have before us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of outraged Bomber fans on Twitter declaring they are ending their membership is hilarious. And ironic. "Stand by Hird" at the expense of the club it would seem.

The problem is they'll be better off with Thompson, so I'm spewing they've sacked Hird today. If it was a week later Bomber is at the Suns.

The problem is they'll be better off with Thompson, so I'm spewing they've sacked Hird today. If it was a week later Bomber is at the Suns.

I'm still holding onto hope Bomber coaches the Suns.

Who knows, he may want a clean start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back