News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

It wouldn't surprise me if he went and coached the suns, but after what he said last night at the BnF it doesn't look likely.

True, I'm just hoping he said that to keep the fans from booing him.

Surely money aside the Gold Coast gig is the smarter choice for both Bomber & the Bombers.

True, I'm just hoping he said that to keep the fans from booing him.

Surely money aside the Gold Coast gig is the smarter choice for both Bomber & the Bombers.
He'd be a f****** moron if he stays at Essendon.

If he goes to the GC he could win 2-3 flags and end as probably the best coach of the modern era.

He'd be a f****** moron if he stays at Essendon.

If he goes to the GC he could win 2-3 flags and end as probably the best coach of the modern era.

It may be a big call but I'd have Gold Coast a top 4 chance in 2015 with Bomber in charge.

Apart from appeasing his ego, I think that Hird may be relying on Danks to come forth with what he knows. If so, he is silly to trust Danks.
Looking forward to Robbo's next article. Shame he can't set aside his love for all things Hird and Essendon and not at least try to be an objective journalist.

If you go and read the Bombers board you'll see that Bomber doesn't exactly have unanimous support from their members. Some are even calling him a backstabber. Not sure the board will survive this either.

I hadn't read it, but interestingly he hasn't let it go:

Thompson, once as defiant as Hird, accepted the fill-in role because he felt a responsibility. But he fell in love with the role and wants it again.

But will he stand by Hird as a matter of principle?

It’s not beyond him to tell the club that if they sack Hird, then he goes as well.

Hird, meanwhile, is hanging from a cliff by a fingernail.

While the Bombers have once again given up the fight — feeling it’s practical to end the devastating saga — Hird is a different beast.

He is charging on for himself, his family, the players and the club, knowing that he’s probably sacrificing his career.

Certainly, he is defiant.

Clearly, be believes that principle is more important than coaching.

Even the Hird haters would admit he has mettle.

And what happens if he wins the appeal, and the “show cause” notices disappear?

The Bombers would be slapping themselves on the back, and the bloke who didn’t blink would have lost his job — for saving the club.

I hadn't read it, but interestingly he hasn't let it go:

Thompson, once as defiant as Hird, accepted the fill-in role because he felt a responsibility. But he fell in love with the role and wants it again.

But will he stand by Hird as a matter of principle?

It’s not beyond him to tell the club that if they sack Hird, then he goes as well.

Hird, meanwhile, is hanging from a cliff by a fingernail.

While the Bombers have once again given up the fight — feeling it’s practical to end the devastating saga — Hird is a different beast.

He is charging on for himself, his family, the players and the club, knowing that he’s probably sacrificing his career.

Certainly, he is defiant.

Clearly, be believes that principle is more important than coaching.

Even the Hird haters would admit he has mettle.

And what happens if he wins the appeal, and the “show cause” notices disappear?

The Bombers would be slapping themselves on the back, and the bloke who didn’t blink would have lost his job — for saving the club.
I can't believe how someone can have such a warped view of reality....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My God Hird is a moron.

He's claiming in his today's statement that his action of appeal is important because "... Our players may be stained forever by the innuendo, misconceptions, and falsities ..."

What utter BS.

By appealing - at best - everyone gets off on a technicality. How is that avoiding players and staff being stained by innuendo???

James Hird, FFS grow up, just accept that ASADA have jurisdiction ... and step up to the plate and tackle the evidence that ASADA have got on you head-on.

That's what the mature heads at your footy club are doing.

That's the only chance you have of avoiding being "stained by innuendo".

What are you afraid of? Or too gutless? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My God Hird is a moron.

He's claiming in his today's statement that his action of appeal is important because "... Our players may be stained forever by the innuendo, misconceptions, and falsities ..."

What utter BS.

By appealing - at best - everyone gets off on a technicality. How is that avoiding players and staff being stained by innuendo???

James Hird, FFS grow up, just accept that ASADA have jurisdiction ... and step up to the plate and tackle the evidence that ASADA have got on you head-on.

That's what the mature heads at your footy club are doing.

That's the only chance you have of avoiding being "stained by innuendo".

What are you afraid of? Or too gutless? :rolleyes:
And it won't stop ASADA from re-issuing based on their own collected evidence

Bizarre conflicting reports about Hird's status now. Caro says he's gone but Hird says he's still the coach. Looks like another job for Hirdy's legal team.

Just read the latest Hird update from HUN. Hurd was asked by media after his meeting with the Bombers if he was still the coach and replied in the affirmative. Surely the last straw for Bomber.

Little has said nothing publicly. Probably working with his legal team to minimise potential for unfair dismissal. What a shambles!

Robbo writes an article saying Collingwood's falling apart. THere's some truths and some misconceptions.

The next day the players and staff have pretty much sacked Hird. THe club is more divided than any club perhaps in history. Yet he remains positive.

Compare Collingwood to Essendon and we are running as beautifully as our glory years of 2010/11.

And it won't stop ASADA from re-issuing based on their own collected evidence

Exactly. At best, they reset the clock. This all appears so pointless I cant but assume something is going on that we dont know about, because on the face of it, it makes no sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back