Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
or they'll complain to your mummy and daddy

How pissweak of Ten to complain to Cricket Australia about the comments Chris Lynn made.He's just speaking on behalf of BBL fans in QLD & SA.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...179293353?nk=682f038999608d874d1c4e494ca4d0dc

Just put the start live on ONE and problem solved.
Even better,give it back to Fox Sports.That would please WA fans who instead of going to a weekday game at 4pm might have their game at 6pm their time.

Didnt know they delayed coverage into SA and Qld. Don't know why they don't air it live on One instead like they do in WA. I guess that's one benefit of being 3 hours behind the east coast.

Also when the game is already delayed don't make us sit through 35 minutes of a rain delay!
did you see any of the Start vs Sixers the other day?
in the super over, they showed the first ball, then cut to several commercials. then come back as the stars batsmen are walking off the field with the commentators praising Falkner on his efforts. no replay or score cards. next the audio gets turned off then we have to sit through the stars players warming up waiting for the Sixers to come out to bat:mad:

did you see any of the Start vs Sixers the other day?
in the super over, they showed the first ball, then cut to several commercials. then come back as the stars batsmen are walking off the field with the commentators praising Falkner on his efforts. no replay or score cards. next the audio gets turned off then we have to sit through the stars players warming up waiting for the Sixers to come out to bat:mad:

We did get the whole over, I guess that's one very tiny plus.

Channel Ten's coverage is atrocious, it is putting me off the Big bash. Would love It to go back to Foxsports. How long is the TV rights deal?

Channel Ten's coverage is atrocious, it is putting me off the Big bash. Would love It to go back to Foxsports. How long is the TV rights deal?

Pretty sure a 5 year deal but it'll never return to Fox. It's now clearly a ratings juggernaut and both Nine and Seven will want to get in on the action, and expect more delayed games from those two networks as they have an even worse track record of showing disdain to viewers outside of Melbourne and Sydney.

Ten is a perfect example of how not to run a tv network. Will be gone in the next 5-10 years at this rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure a 5 year deal but it'll never return to Fox. It's now clearly a ratings juggernaut and both Nine and Seven will want to get in on the action, and expect more delayed games from those two networks as they have an even worse track record of showing disdain to viewers outside of Melbourne and Sydney.

No use for Nine and Seven as Nine have International cricket and Seven tennis at the same time as the BBL.

No use for Nine and Seven as Nine have International cricket and Seven tennis at the same time as the BBL.
The Big Bash is never played at the same time as an international game. During tests Nine would love to have their Test coverage lead into the news then straight to BB, while during the ODI season BB will fill some of the void between ODI matches, ensuring there is cricket on everyday. Seven would be keen if they can convince CA to have the final the Sunday before the Aus Open starts.

At least I'm confident they would use their secondary channels.

I guess you'll have to fork out $30 and get the live streaming on the CA app.

It's what I do for the ODI's on Ch 9, they often seem to get delayed by 3 hours on a weekday. Who wants to be an info-hermit to get home and watch a delayed telecast these days??

I guess you'll have to fork out $30 and get the live streaming on the CA app.

It's what I do for the ODI's on Ch 9, they often seem to get delayed by 3 hours on a weekday. Who wants to be an info-hermit to get home and watch a delayed telecast these days??
I just watch the Tennis instead. If Nine are going to delay the cricket I'll watch something else, especially when my interest in mundane ODIs are already at an all time low. At least Seven came to their senses a few years back and stopped delaying the night session of the Aus Open into Perth.

Sport has to be live, but I can see why they wouldn't want to break normal programming for it, having a consistant schedule is also important for a channe, especially 10.

If Brisbane went back to having DLS then their problem is solved. Adelaide will always be 30 minutes behind sadly.
but the problem could easily be solved if they showed the start on ONE in SA & QLD.

You could always just watch a stream on the internet for free. All you need is google & basic literacy skills.

More than that, I don't have the patience for a delayed telecast, it takes all the excitement out of it when I know the match is already over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back