Certified Legendary Thread Dont laugh, we're still in it come Rnd 23... [TOTY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
History is there to be created and it happens all the time! Remember when Tommy took the meat pies from the bottom to almost the top the next year? St Kilda and the Bulldogs, the worst teams of all time, have each won a premiership. The Suns beat Sydney this year! The Saints thrashed Freo just last week!!! Who says it can't happen?

You must have caught me on a bad day!
I'm sure people will tell you I post plenty of positive stuff .
I've even been accused of being one of those brightsiders or whatever it is (there is a term but I can't think of it).
But when it comes to reality in regards to our performances I find it pretty difficult to paint a nice picture
fair enough this seasons weighting on us all id love to pull this mircle off not just to play finals but just to say fu to a few other teams supporter

History is there to be created and it happens all the time! Remember when Tommy took the meat pies from the bottom to almost the top the next year? St Kilda and the Bulldogs, the worst teams of all time, have each won a premiership. The Suns beat Sydney this year! The Saints thrashed Freo just last week!!! Who says it can't happen?

A couple of points:
Collingwood finished the 1977 season on 18 wins on top , coached by one of the greats with no prospect of missing finals
St.Kilda finished their 1966 GF winning year in 2nd position with 14 wins in 12 team comp (top team finished with 15 wins)
Footscray finished their 1954 GF winning year in 2nd position with 11 wins in a 12 team comp (top team finished with 13 wins)
Suns and Freo winning were ONE off upset game. Upsets happen all the time you are right. We are relying on too many happening in space of a month. You find that MAJOR upsets happen 3-4 times a SEASON.

You are right though that history is not created until it is created. Just cant see Tigers winning the remainder of games regardless of other results. Would love to be wrong.

Your current run of wins is bad news. Barnstorming finish to the year, just miss the 8, think it will all happen next year, get a tougher draw because you didn't finish bottom 6, don't get pick 5 in the ND but pick 10/11 big difference. Once you've missed the finals as you had 5 weeks ago, better to finish bottom 6 and reap the REAL rewards.

Don't worry, we're the same, limp into the bottom bit of the 8, get bundled out by good teams, think the list is better than it really is, miss out on draw and ND advantages.

IMO, the top 3-4 teams are significantly better player for player than the rest. Do the exercise, even with home team coloured glasses (Crows coloured glases), how does your/my team compare player for player with Hawthorn or Sydney?

That's where a good mid table finish kills you. Better to finish lower if you are not having a realistic September impact.

Your current run of wins is bad news. Barnstorming finish to the year, just miss the 8, think it will all happen next year, get a tougher draw because you didn't finish bottom 6, don't get pick 5 in the ND but pick 10/11 big difference. Once you've missed the finals as you had 5 weeks ago, better to finish bottom 6 and reap the REAL rewards.

Don't worry, we're the same, limp into the bottom bit of the 8, get bundled out by good teams, think the list is better than it really is, miss out on draw and ND advantages.

IMO, the top 3-4 teams are significantly better player for player than the rest. Do the exercise, even with home team coloured glasses (Crows coloured glases), how does your/my team compare player for player with Hawthorn or Sydney?

That's where a good mid table finish kills you. Better to finish lower if you are not having a realistic September impact.
Trade you tambling for dangerfield.

Last edited:
Your current run of wins is bad news. Barnstorming finish to the year, just miss the 8, think it will all happen next year, get a tougher draw because you didn't finish bottom 6
You seen our Draw this year after where we finished last year?We should have made the finals this year again with the draw we had.:eek:

Did you miss our 3-10 start to the season? That won't be happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would have to win all our games, plus so many variable outcomes would have to happen from the rest of the competition. I don't like the chances. We should be more worried about beating Essendon, Adelaide at the Adelaide Oval, and Sydney up there. That alone is hard enough. If only we had of shown up against Melbourne and the first half against the Bulldogs it would be a completely different story.

RFC is biggest c()ocktease club to follow.

They are going to enough to get our hopes up, only stuff it up right at the end.

We well go into the off season all confident and media build up, we've all seen this story before...

I hope we dont make finals. RFC needs a massive kick up the arse in pre season. MASSIVE

Yep we have the list to play finals this year and considering all the so called teams that where picked to play finals have been spuding it up like us it has been a wasted year. If we has of got it right we'd be at 75'000 members and staring down the barrel of 85'000 next year and a serious top 4 chance but no we are Richmond and we change the game plan and recruit spuds like Hampson and actually play the clowns when we'd have been better off making him earn a game rather than gift him games. What a shambles this year has been. But aren't we glad it's all fixed now ???????????

Since fremantle wont win the flag this year because they look s**t and half their good players are old we should go all out for lyon. I hate the way he coaches sides and how they play, but they win. I dont give a s**t anymore. I just want to see finals football. We'll never play finals with hardwick

Since fremantle wont win the flag this year because they look s**t and half their good players are old we should go all out for lyon. I hate the way he coaches sides and how they play, but they win. I dont give a s**t anymore. I just want to see finals football. We'll never play finals with hardwick

Prepared to make a wager on that, i'll bet anything, but i'll tell you one thing, I wont lose the bet.

Don't disagree that he has not been an ideal recruit but there is more than 1 problem at Richmond. I would suspect that if he had sat on the sidelines for the first 12 weeks that we would not be in a much better position. He was not the whole and sole reason for this disaster of a season.
The whole reason was not picking players on form or dropping players out of form but playing a man down on the field for 11 games was a very major reason. I understand Hampson didn't pick himself every Thursday night.

Prepared to make a wager on that, i'll bet anything, but i'll tell you one thing, I wont lose the bet.
I reckon we should of played finals this year under Hardwick and we should play finals next year and the year after under Hardwick but we didn't this year so he might just have a point

Any way if Adelaide lose to St Kilda and Brisbane we are still a chance , and we win every game and win by over 10 goals tomorrow so we should be very happy with how things are going . We are still a chance so let's be positive about it.

I'll make a bet with you, and you will lose. Did you see richmond fall apart in 2013? I was there. That was not a side that plays consistent finals year after year. Granted, team develop and improve. Good teams and clubs do that. In typical RFC fashion, we have gone backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back