Certified Legendary Thread Dont laugh, we're still in it come Rnd 23... [TOTY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What if Sydney give us a butt *******? Can we still make it?
If we finish on 11 wins, we'd need to win 4 of 5 and hope that the following happens to the other sides.

Essendon 10 wins: Sydney(a), Richmond(a), West Coast(h), Suns(h), Carlton(a)
Need them to lose all but one game, they win any 2 and they are in.
Collingwood 9 wins: Crows(h) Port(h) West Coast(a) Lions(h) Giants(a) Hawthorn(h)
Need them to win only 2 games, which on current form would mean 2 of Crows WCE Lions or Giants would need to upset them
Gold Coast 9 wins: Saints(h) Carlton(a) Port(h) Essendon(a) West Coast(h)
Losing tonight helped, reckon Ablett missing has seen the arse drop out
Adelaide 8 wins: Pies(a) West Coast(h) Lions(a) Richmond(h) North(Tassie) Saints(h)
Need some upsets to occur with them as they are capable of winning 4 of those games.

Basically, we need the 12 wins to be a better chance of making it.

I
On that basis I should start a thread at the beginning of every year entitled "If we win every game this year we will win the flag". Come on buddy, I'm sure you can do better than this?
i have been looking at the run home, there is nthing wrong with this thread....we really can still make the 8 all we have to do is keep wining...chill man enjoy it bro we could be 1 game out of the top 8 next week.

I just did the ladder predictor as well, before seeing this thread (and the OP is the only post I've read) and I also came to the same conclusion. We have a decent chance of winning the next four matches and with some luck in beating Sydney we can do it. Do I think we will? No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not gunna happen for two simple reasons:

1) We must win every game - no exceptions, have to win them all. We are already 4-0, changes of 9-0 are very long at best

2) we need EFC, Norf, or Port to drop games - this ain't gunna happen. Look at their draws, we have the 50:50 games, they dont

Listen!!!

All you guys are scared because you put the Tigers Beanies, Scarves and hats away this year... who is going to watch us demolish GWS by 70 pts next week... we then face the Bombers the week after only 2 games out of the 8????? We beat them and then we are 1 game out of the 8????

How can you not get excited....

Ivan Maric said he wants to win the last 5 games...... Wake up Tigers Fans.... Season is still alive!!!
Pretty much the ess game is the season right there lets get as many there as we can

LOL im embarrassed to say but I must confess....I had a sneaky little look at the predictor and we can actually make the 8 with only 4 wins. Providing we beat Essendoom and Ratelaide....and fair enough too because we don't deserve to go in ahead of them...Here we gooooo!!!! Dogs and Dees games has killed us!! fuuuu

LOL im embarrassed to say but I must confess....I had a sneaky little look at the predictor and we can actually make the 8 with only 4 wins. Providing we beat Essendoom and Ratelaide....and fair enough too because we don't deserve to go in ahead of them...Here we gooooo!!!! Dogs and Dees games has killed us!! fuuuu
Everyone deserves to be there MORE than Essendon.

Sent from my Tee-pee using smoke signals.

Other boards like commenting on how deluded we are thinking we can play finals. Whilst it's a possibility it's not an expectation from any or most of us and we all understand it's mainly tongue in cheek ... #flogs #silly people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a crack at the ladder predictor.... try it yourself...

If we win every game and get big % against GWS and St Kilda, we can still make the 8..

Comes down to Round 23 vs Swans.... last night showed we are back in form and hungry...

on current from... we will beat GWS, Saints, Bombers and Adelaide...

Don't do this to me. Please.

and I still think Essendrug will miss the 8

They r chit
they pushed geelong to 9 points beat port, flogged pies, and beat dogs playing av. football.....not too shabby

But I think our form has been as good and I'm tipping we'll win because we've been winning the 2nd encounter vs Essendon over the last few seasons

I agree that the whole concept of us sneaking into 8th is very tongue in cheek. Just cant see it happening. Especially when you start to rely on other results.
BUT the easiest way for us to look at it is that even if things go our way in the next few rounds you can bet your house on the fact that we will crumble the moment one of the games means anything. I mean look at the first half of the season when it was on the line. Look at all those years where we finished 9th and when a win in the final round would have snuck us into the finals.
Easy to win games when they don't really count for much. As soon as there is any level of expectation we seem to crumble.

I am all for winning but all we are doing is trying to find something to prolong our hope so that we don't have to (technically) call the season over for another round or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back