Certified Legendary Thread Dont laugh, we're still in it come Rnd 23... [TOTY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sure I just saw Mario out the front of the petrol station wearing a Norf Beanie. Surely your not that desperate for us to win this week?

1) yes we are that desperate

2) Mario is more likely to wear a Dees beanie ;)

This might be premature (actually, it really is), but the images in my head of us beating the Swans by about 20 points with 5 mins to go is on my mind. The jubilation on the faces of the away supporters and players.

I can dream.

With 5 mins to go....and then what?

Budwa lights up ANZ with 4 in 5 minutes....??? :cry:

Hmmmmmm win this week and you are all happy

Lose and you are sad............. You are going to need to sweeten the deal if you want us to win. :)
How about we send Cotch down to North training to sign some autographs for your players? :D

It's just been reported that Heppell has broken his hand and looks likely to miss against the Suns (back for the last round, however).

I never like to see any player injured, but the ramifications for the outcome of Essendon v. Suns are obvious.

Just one more twist in the plot!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-20/heppell-fractures-hand

It's just been reported that Heppell has broken his hand and looks likely to miss against the Suns (back for the last round, however).

I never like to see any player injured, but the ramifications for the outcome of Essendon v. Suns are obvious.

Just one more twist in the plot!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-20/heppell-fractures-hand

Watch them use it as an excuse if they lose (even though the Suns are missing Ablett and their ruckman).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

although i really want to play finals i don't want to get in cheap.
At the start of the year to scrape in with 12 wins and %age would have been getting "in cheap"....BUT.... after 3-10 start and beating Adelaide (away), West Coast (away), Port, Essendon (Fri night) and The AFL Commission XVIII....well there would be nothing cheap about that scenario.

I just had a crack at the ladder predictor.... try it yourself...

If we win every game and get big % against GWS and St Kilda, we can still make the 8..

Comes down to Round 23 vs Swans.... last night showed we are back in form and hungry...

on current from... we will beat GWS, Saints, Bombers and Adelaide...

Wow. That was some optimistic call and may yet become a prophetic OP, it deserved more 'likes'. Even with 2 rounds still to go and we go down to the premiership favourites, it was a gutsy call. Kudos.

#gotiges

Last edited:
You blokes are dreaming if you think Gold Coast will beat Essendon...
Unfortunately GC are well and truly cooked.

1. Win both of our games

Have North beat Adelaide
OR
Carlton beat Essendon

And we march into September.

1. Win both of our games

Have North beat Adelaide
OR
Carlton beat Essendon

March!!!! Epic ring to it!! I'm up for a good old march!! Grand Final Parade could bring Melbourne down from most liveable city to some horrid place like Sydney!! Ahh welll!! LETS DOO IIITTT!!!

With Boomer out, how funny would it be if Norf drop there last 2 games and we jump over them on percentage, assuming we win against sydney and saints.

With Heppell now out for 2 weeks at a minimum the bombers are super vulnerable. They cant kick a score and Heppell helps there defense due to getting the easy disposal out the back half. I would laugh so hard if they drop against GC or the blues.

We just need to win but it looks like the footy gods are smiling at us atm.

At the start of the year to scrape in with 12 wins and %age would have been getting "in cheap"....BUT.... after 3-10 start and beating Adelaide (away), West Coast (away), Port, Essendon (Fri night) and The AFL Commission XVIII....well there would be nothing cheap about that scenario.
shouldn't this read the AFL Commission XIX.VIII?

1. Win both of our games

Have North beat Adelaide
OR
Carlton beat Essendon

Haven't done the ladder predictor, but I'm glad to see it's such an easy equation now --not "easy" in the sense of the games are a given, but easy in the sense that it's so clear what has to happen for us to play in September.

It shows just how much last weekend's results worked in our favour (it's destiny! DESTINY I tells ya!)

Don't reckon GC are a chance against Essendon, just posted the comment about Heppell because it helps just a teeny, tiny bit. I mean, even if it limits an Essendon percentage boost, it'll be a good thing for us.

Can't believe that it looks like I'll be barracking for a Blues win in the last round if North don't get up this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back