Certified Legendary Thread Dont laugh, we're still in it come Rnd 23... [TOTY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of round 14, Richmond was sitting in 16th spot with a 3-10 record and 5 games behind eighth spot.

At the end of round 18, Richmond is sitting in 12th spot with a 7-10 record and 2 games behind eighth spot.

In 4 games Richmond has made up 3 games on eighth spot, who's to say we can't make up 2 games with 5 games to go, just got to keep winning and who knows, if it doesn't happen I don't think we are going to be disappointed.

There is a chance, a slim chance, but still a chance that Richmond could be sitting percentage out of the eight equal with Coll, ade, gc, and wce with all percentages almost the same after round 20.

And I'm saying every game you play should be played with the Aim/dream to make finals. Isn't that what AFL is about? Winning finals and a flag? If that's the dream in round one it should be the same in round 17. Whether there's a slight sniff or a certainty. No one goes into a game saying "just do your best fellas and if we lose, hey we didn't want to play finals anyway."

Sent from my Tee-pee using smoke signals.

Lets start thinking about round 23 and dream instead of focusing on the next game.

That will work out well........

Lets start thinking about round 23 and dream instead of focusing on the next game.

The math is possible, but just incredibly unlikely

When was the last time we won 9 straight? It's not just unlikely, it's a massive longshot

I'm with ya.

This is Richmond. Lose a final to the 9th rank team.

We will beat GWS, then when the media say maybe, bug game, big stage, typical Richmond will come out. Bright lights s**t themselves will occur.

Not even thinking of finals. Just take it one week at a time. Beat GWS. That's all we should be worrying about.
As I've said repeatedly I don't believe we'll make it, but why we're a mathematical chance lets just enjoy the ride. Considering how s**t the first half of the season was, we wouldn't be true Tigers fans if we didn't get our hopes up at the slightest hint of success possibly maybe happening if all things go 100% our way.

Never know this could be a turning point, imagine winning all these big games in the run to an unlikely finals spot, all the monkeys would be removed in 2 months of footy.

LOL but we don't actually play!!! Whether we are looking 5 games ahead or concentrating on this weeks reviews, the planning and putting in a good training week is irrelevant because we aren't attending any of the Richmond sessions.

I don't know what is sadder to be honest. Fans who hold onto hope when there is none or fans who are so scarred that they shy away from the hope, thinking that if they attempt to grasp it it will hurt them too much!!!

Let's face it, we are all losers!! lol

I'n in Sad Category A - Hoping!!!!!

#Believe!!! haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he's gonna be in Robocop 2: Robodog

Wallace & Gromit have already done it :(

K58t0NQ.jpg

I'm back we can an will make the 8 next week Port d Coll, Swans d Ess, WCE d Adelaide, Gold coast defeated by a resurgent Saints Rich smash GWS. Headlines Richmond 1 game out of the 8 could they do it ? maybe not but there are still 4 rounds left

WCE wouldn't beat Adelaide in Perth, let alone in Adelaide the week after a slog in wet conditions.

All we need is for Adelaide to lose two games: One against us and comfortably against North. Our biggest worry shouldn't be the other teams, because they can easily finish 12-10 given their run home. Our biggest obstacle is our own run home. Can we win against Adelaide in Adelaide? Can we win against Essendon? Can we win against Sydney at ANZ stadium? If we can win, I will be happy whether or not we end up making finals, because a 9 game winning streak that included good teams would be impressive

There are 3 games where we will start comfortable outsiders.
The odds of what people are putting forward are massive.
My suggestion to those who believe is to take a rolling all up bet on the tigers.
Probably should have already started.
Still we will be over $2 against Essendon,Adelaide and swans.

Its stupid to get your hopes up on a miracle like this, we wont get close to syd in round 23. The only hope is if ess lose there pointa but it wont happen again. I reckon play kids, get a good pick. Remember the worse we do this year the better our draw is next year. Dont deserve to make finals this year. Games like melb, carl, dogs, ess, coll and north prove thiss.
This is true at the moment. Win 9 in a row, including games against 2 top 4 sides and 2 top 8 sides, to go from 3-10 to 12-10, and I reckon you can safely say we will be one of the best 8 teams for the season (and we'll be firing at the right time). If, and yes it's a huge if, we make it - we will absolutely deserve it.

Even if we win every game, I have us finishing 9th, a game and percentage out of the 8. Its a bit shattering because we are playing better footy at the moment than about 15 other sides.
This is what I reckon. In the hugely unlikely event we win every game I still reckon we'd miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back