Certified Legendary Thread Dont laugh, we're still in it come Rnd 23... [TOTY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge Cox :) tease coming up from our Tigers in the next few weeks fella's...
Will be worse than the buxom cheerleader giving you a wink and therefore the hope of some chance before snubbing you in-front of the whole year....

Tigers will roar home and either lose to the Swans to finish 9th or beat the Swans and still fail to get in because of other results that fall.

We will then look back on the Doggies game, the Demons game and Dreamtime game and self-flagellate at how it kills to support this club.

Bring on the case of Wild Turkey in late August. :cool:

Those losses against the Bulldogs, Melbourne and even to an extent Norf will haunt us. You could even make a case for the GC game seeing as we need to start beating them to in order to climb up the ladder. Unfortunately I see us dropping either the Crows game or most likely the Bombers game before the last game against the Swans. Plus we need a bucket load of results to fall our way but in the end, we control our own destiny and at the start, we didn't do that.

I so want to believe.

But, as has been mentioned, too many games dropped that we should have won. Win two of Suns, Bulldogs, Demons and North and we are right in the mix, especially if they were "8 point games" against the Suns and North. Win all 4 and we are playing in September again.

Four wins in a row is handy, builds momentum, but it is all too late.

But if I am believing then the games against Essendon and Adelaide are absolutely crucial. GWS and St. Kilda games are also crucial, in that while we should win we'd like to win by lots to make up the percentage that some of those teams have on us.

Ssssshhhhhh..
Don't let the players know!
As soon as they think they are a chance they'll lose.

Also I honestly believe we could win all our games and still miss out.
I expect there is more chance of me shagging Kylie Minogue tonight than us playing finals.

It would be a very very Richmond thing to do for the boys to put it all to bed by dropping this weeks game to GWS.
Some chance too returning from Perth off a heavy track v weeks rest and younger legs.
Put it this way when you play kids you wouldn't want to give them even a remote sniff early or they'll be all over us like a cheap suit.
How did it go with Kylie?

Two results went against us on the weekend.

We needed Collingwood to beat Adelaide so they dip to just a one game lead against us.
We also needed Sydney to beat Hawthorn so that they could win the minor premiership a round or two in advance so that they rest players in the final round.

Neither happened so now we need to pick up 2 games on either Collingwood or Adelaide to take their spot in the 8.

Essendon will get knocked the * out by ASADA.

At least McBean might finally get a game...

I wouldn't be surprised if Hampson gets a game instead lol. I'd bring in McBean and Griffiths together. Mcbean won't be able to support Jack in his first game but could help as third tall. Griffiths is a better forward than Hampson. Please bring these 2 in

Two results went against us on the weekend.

We needed Collingwood to beat Adelaide so they dip to just a one game lead against us.
We also needed Sydney to beat Hawthorn so that they could win the minor premiership a round or two in advance so that they rest players in the final round.

Neither happened so now we need to pick up 2 games on either Collingwood or Adelaide to take their spot in the 8.

Essendon will get knocked the **** out by ASADA.
If Collingwood had won they'd be 3 games clear in 8th spot with Brisbane, WC and GWS to come. Adelaide winning was the best result.

All we need is for Adelaide to lose two games: One against us and comfortably against North. Our biggest worry shouldn't be the other teams, because they can easily finish 12-10 given their run home. Our biggest obstacle is our own run home. Can we win against Adelaide in Adelaide? Can we win against Essendon? Can we win against Sydney at ANZ stadium? If we can win, I will be happy whether or not we end up making finals, because a 9 game winning streak that included good teams would be impressive

Agree 100%. if we win all our remaining games it'll be close to a miracle. Whether finals follow is anyone's guess but the effort to get there will be admired by many within AFL community..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood had won they'd be 3 games clear in 8th spot with Brisbane, WC and GWS to come. Adelaide winning was the best result.

You've made the foolish mistake of thinking Essendon won't cop the banzhammer from ASADA. For all practical purposes Adelaide are 7th and Collingwood are 8th.

You've made the foolish mistake of thinking Essendon won't cop the banzhammer from ASADA. For all practical purposes Adelaide are 7th and Collingwood are 8th.
Bet they don't get done this year. It will drag into next season. Besides if they have 22 players available they will be allowed to play IMO.

Bet they don't get done this year. It will drag into next season. Besides if they have 22 players available they will be allowed to play IMO.

Whats more likely Aug14 Essendon lose the court case. Infractions so suspensions are issued but the cheaters still get to play with there reserve side on the park.

Whats more likely Aug14 Essendon lose the court case. Infractions so suspensions are issued but the cheaters still get to play with there reserve side on the park.
Court case will go for weeks. You don't pay that much in legal fees to lose in a few minutes.

The case is on the 11th. It will get thrown out pretty quickly. When players get banned you can bet on the AFL removing the cheats from the finals. There's no way they'll accept a 150-200 point belting in one of their biggest draw cards for the year.

The case is on the 11th. It will get thrown out pretty quickly. When players get banned you can bet on the AFL removing the cheats from the finals. There's no way they'll accept a 150-200 point belting in one of their biggest draw cards for the year.

I hope so Barry. If that happens tigs2010 will wash you car for a year!

I hope so Barry. If that happens tigs2010 will wash you car for a year!
I really can't see a court case being done in a couple of days. This whole thing has taken 2 ******* years.

I really can't see a court case being done in a couple of days. This whole thing has taken 2 ******* years.

yep, if they lose, they go to appeal

this is far from over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back