Don't laugh, we're still in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been slow starters every year under Dimma (in fact, since 2006 really)

2010: started 0-9, went 6-7 after that
2011: 0-3-1 start
2012: 1-4 start, 9-7-1 after that
2013: 5-4 start, 10-3 finish
2014: 3-10 start, 9-0 finish
2015: 2-4 start
Maybe we are also slow starters in finals too, so maybe top 4 -> double chance -> lose QF -> win SF -> Win PF -> win GF? :D

Funny how certain posters go missing when we're winning, but run rampant when we're shithouse. It's so very pathetic.

You know, as I opened this thread and had a quick read through, this was my exact thought.

With that said, I was certainly one of the negative posters early in the season myself. In-fact I was very VERY critical of Hardwick (after being a Hardwick supporter every year prior), but after the loss to the Bulldogs, and then to the Demons, I was absolutely furious.

And look, to an extent he still hasn't achieved anything yet (until we at least win a final), but I'm willing to eat my words a little bit, because he's got us playing pretty decent footy at the moment. Still need to sort out the forward line, but I think we're the best defensive team in the competition since Round 7 and onwards, or at least in the top 2 or 3.

That "chip chip sideways" s**t that has frustrated so many of us, appears to have actually had some method to it after all, because we can generally take control back of a game that is getting away from us these days, and limit scoreboard damage.

I've always mantained though, even when at my most frustrated, that the success of the club is the paramount thing in my mind, not getting certain people axed from the club because I don't agree with them being there.

I'm happy for Dimma to stay 10 years if he gets us playing footy that sees us win 15-17 games every year for the next half a decade, and has us contending for a premiership.

Thread is unauthorised unless it receives Pasquale approval.

Thanks Funky

As the founder of the "Don't laugh we are still in it (TM)" and winner of the 2014 TOTY Medal, I hereby endorse the Post.

I would like to remind BF posting members that prior to quoting any Pasquali (TM) Quotes, that you should contact me beforehand.

Warm Regards
Pasquali
2014 TOTY Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back