Autopsy Don't Lose Perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

The next Swans v Hawthorn game will be a beauty.
They will never catch us on the hop again like that.
Our midfield were totalled on Saturday - that will burn for the next few months.
But this is a great team, now with an experience that will drive them like 2012 did for Hawthorn.
I think we will get stronger but Hawthorn will fall away a bit as their engine room gets older.
It can't be a bad thing for the coaches to review some key positions and draft in some new blood if required.
Personally I think we have a premiership winning list - better placed than any other club.
A full pre-season for Buddy and Tippo working on combinations will be terrific.

Gonna wait till their actions do the talking from now on, i was really confident heading into round 18 and thought we would have their measure on the weekend and we absolutely got our pants pulled down.

No denying Hawthorn like Collingwood have truly worked us out and dismantled us piece by piece we need a new approach.

Hawks worked us out? Maybe hawthorn just play their game and work hard would of beaten anyone

Flip side we would of lost to anyone

Play like that Melbourne would of beaten us

5 out of the last 6 encounters they belted us on the weekend like they did in 2013 but we had the excuse of being injury depleted.

No excuses on the weekend that was our best 22.

5 out of the last 6 encounters they belted us on the weekend like they did in 2013 but we had the excuse of being injury depleted.

No excuses on the weekend that was our best 22.

True watching now they intimidated them

Perhaps in the cold hard light of day we have too many downhill skiers

Who are our tough players?

Who hurts the opposition physically

Mcevoy in is interesting. Big bruising player to bust in

Hit hanners, hit parker, harrass tippett etc they are a bit bloody soft perhaps

Hawks love em or hate them you think tough hodge, lewis, their leaders essentially are tough, we try to be cutesy and flashy even see tHe north game

True watching now they intimidated them

Perhaps in the cold hard light of day we have too many downhill skiers

Who are our tough players?

Who hurts the opposition physically

Mcevoy in is interesting. Big bruising player to bust in

Hit hanners, hit parker, harrass tippett etc they are a bit bloody soft perhaps

Hawks love em or hate them you think tough hodge, lewis, their leaders essentially are tough, we try to be cutesy and flashy even see tHe north game

Dont know but in the middle we have no answers to them when they put Lewis, Hodge, Roughead in the center these guys compared to our mids are huge and they hit hard.

Looking in the middle and compared to Hawthorn you can just see how small we looked.

Dont know but in the middle we have no answers to them when they put Lewis, Hodge, Roughead in the center these guys compared to our mids are huge and they hit hard.

Looking in the middle and compared to Hawthorn you can just see how small we looked.

Dunno our mids are just as big but i dont think we bruise and intimidate the opponents

Hawks did to us what we did to other teams all year - harass them out of it.
But Hawks did it full-on for 4 quarters, no respite.

You don't just judge the list on one game.
Hawks loss to us in 2012 was also a shock, and they have been driven by this ever since, with us as their main target.
It's our turn now.

I know im not alone here and we are all hoping that what we saw on Saturday won't happen again but if we meet Hawthorn again next year who has faith to say it wouldn't happen again?

This is the advantage they hold over us now due to the fact we just bent over.

Hope we play them early in the season for the GF rematch that game will tell us everything we need to know about 2015.
Beating them early this year told us nothing. The game that tells us what matters was Saturday.

I know im not alone here and we are all hoping that what we saw on Saturday won't happen again but if we meet Hawthorn again next year who has faith to say it wouldn't happen again?

This is the advantage they hold over us now due to the fact we just bent over.

If the players feel anything like I do they'll go into the next game against Hawthorn with absolutely no fear. Not because I believe we're better or that we'll win, but because after what happened to them on the weekend there is nothing left to fear. That's as bad as it gets.

No loss will ever hurt that much again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the players feel anything like I do they'll go into the next game against Hawthorn with absolutely no fear. Not because I believe we're better or that we'll win, but because after what happened to them on the weekend there is nothing left to fear. That's as bad as it gets.

No loss will ever hurt that much again.

If the players feel like i do they will be thinking it all seems so far away

But they will smash these pricks next time physically

If the players feel like i do they will be thinking it all seems so far away

But they will smash these pricks next time physically

You'd hope so mate.

If nothing else I hope this loss serves as the kind of wake up call that the players needed in 02/03 when they decided it was time to stop playing like a bunch of softcocks and win back some respect. The premiership team of 05 was nowhere near as talented as this lot but they were tough.

I'm a bit sick of the line that every bounce of the ball went to Hawthorn. The only odd bounce I remember went straight to Malceski. The bounce of the ball was irrelevant.
Bounce of the ball in a 10 goal loss? thats a lot of bounces that went against us

Given they had 50% more possessions than us, how the damn did we only lose by 60, the ball didn't do much bouncing near us anyway.

Lets just hope it doesn't mentally hurt them

That is the danger.

Port spent years in tarpaulin wilderness because of something similar.

I don't think it will happen personally but the risk is there.

Given they had 50% more possessions than us, how the damn did we only lose by 60, the ball didn't do much bouncing near us anyway.

Hawks sit down and review and mark themselves hard will probably be critical of themselves they didnt win by 120

That is the danger.

Port spent years in tarpaulin wilderness because of something similar.

I don't think it will happen personally but the risk is there.

Geelong finished 3 games and some 40% ahead so i think based on that there was a clear gap.

Prior to the result we showed we belonged in the GF based on the amount of top 8 teams we beat.

Im sure closer to the season next year when time has passed i will believe we will win the flag

If these players are as talented as we believe they are this could spur them on to greatness

Also could be the beginning of the end but i hava faith we can win 2015

Im sure closer to the season next year when time has passed i will believe we will win the flag

If these players are as talented as we believe they are this could spur them on to greatness

Also could be the beginning of the end but i hava faith we can win 2015

There is no need to think like that anymore with FA, do you think Brisbane would of fallen away so badly if FA was available back then?

Look how much FA has benefited Hawthorn.

I honestly think our forwards did pretty well considering what happened on the rest of the ground. I've seen people bagging out Tippett but he was okay. The mids and a couple of our defenders let us down badly.

We can win it all

But its so far away

No. Just a few short months away.
They will come out breathing fire.
They are a close group - they got embarrassed on Saturday.
You don't lose such great achievement over 10 years in one game.
Big, big lesson.

Great way to ensure we are never ever complacent again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back